talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Blogs and articles

football forum

@Asura Great article mate. I read one myself the other week about Kubala which is a very insightful article. I can't remember where I saw it, but I'll try to find it later as I've got things to do and was on on here for a flying visit. I will have a search for it later as it was an interesting article and definitely one worth placing in here. Balon would enjoy it himself, although knowing him he's probably already read it, memorised it and could write the whole thing out off the top of his head without looking it up..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Amazing story... Re-read it again this morning while having breakfast and to be honest I can believe every word of it because life is like this with football also being a part of life.  How many super talented people are left by the waste side for one reason or another.  Some don't have the character within themselves to try end persevere in a competitive world and others at times are prejudiced against for one reason or another and again, the talent is lost forever.

I'll add another thing... Listening to Argentinians talk to you about something they passionately believe is one of the most marvellous events you'll ever experience with words.  This is one of the main reason Spaniards love the Argentinians (I know it sounds strange)... Their beautiful melodic accent, their use of the Spanish language and words to make it all sound so poetic.  I've listened to so many people tell regular stories where I end up listening enchanted because it's an Argie that's passionately telling me. xD

Thanks for that mate.

Cheers mate, I remember you talking about Argentinian football and their footballers from the past many times so thought you would like this. Also I tried to tag all the south american football followers in the forum in general. Looks like you added one additional person's name to those tags with your moderator powers xD

Also, some time back you said you would share the anectodes from the discussions of Pep and Bielsa (I believe it was with him). Im still waiting for them mate.

6 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

@Asura Great article mate. I read one myself the other week about Kubala which is a very insightful article. I can't remember where I saw it, but I'll try to find it later as I've got things to do and was on on here for a flying visit. I will have a search for it later as it was an interesting article and definitely one worth placing in here. Balon would enjoy it himself, although knowing him he's probably already read it, memorised it and could write the whole thing out off the top of his head without looking it up..

yeah do share when you can mate. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Very good... Although as a reader I would've preferred to have the history of the club "Lima Cricket" thrown at me from the beginning instead of the format.  Still... It was a very interesting read.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

I used to be very active writing my own articles and opinion pieces on other sites. I don't feel that level of passion anymore. 

Time or passion?

Everyone should run a blog in my view.  Much better than social media!

The only reason I've never done one (I've really wanted to) is because of time issues.  After the birth of my son it then became nigh on impossible.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Time or passion?

Everyone should run a blog in my view.  Much better than social media!

The only reason I've never done one (I've really wanted to) is because of time issues.  After the birth of my son it then became nigh on impossible.

Passion maybe. I don't feel the want anymore, nor do I watch as much soccerball as I used to. I used to have so much fun with writing in high-school, and that was the crux of it; fun. I could smash an article out in 30mins if I wanted to, sans proof-reading and editing of course.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Passion maybe. I don't feel the want anymore, nor do I watch as much soccerball as I used to. I used to have so much fun with writing in high-school, and that was the crux of it; fun. I could smash an article out in 30mins if I wanted to, sans proof-reading and editing of course.

The subject matter is unimportant!  The passion never dies, the relativeness to one's new or chosen lifestyle does and excuses (as within everything) dominates our effort.  If you enjoyed it to begin with, you'd enjoy it now because it's all about doing it like the old Nike ad used to tell us.  ;)  

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The subject matter is unimportant!  The passion never dies, the relativeness to one's new or chosen lifestyle does and excuses (as within everything) dominates our effort.  If you enjoyed it to begin with, you'd enjoy it now because it's all about doing it like the old Nike ad used to tell us.  ;)  

I feel like this motivational speach would be more affective if my head wasn't pounding and my eyes swollen from seasonal allergies. The first seasonal allergies if my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived