The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Music Opinions

football forum

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/05/2022 at 22:17, Devil-Dick Willie said:

In Utero is Nirvanas best album 

I remember trying to convince my dad that all these "noisey" bands write their own music, unlike Celine Dion for example.  He picked up the In Utero album and said, "Yeah, they probably did write Rape Me."  😆

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The Beach Boys version of California Dreamin edges the original. Mostly because their version has a better running melody in the background vs a rhythm that is locked. 

5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The Beach Boys version of California Dreamin edges the original. Mostly because their version has a better running melody in the background vs a rhythm that is locked. 

I never knew that there's a Beach Boys version. I just listened to it. To me the Mamas & Papas version stands out, because of the male and female voices which makes it sound quite unique. The Beach Boys version sounds boring to me compared to it. But I'm no musician myself, so this is strictly a layman's observation. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I never knew that there's a Beach Boys version

You should copy @nudge in on this... If I remember correctly she adores the Beach Boy's... They rank at number 2 just behind Tom Cruise on her list of lifetime essentials... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

I never knew that there's a Beach Boys version. I just listened to it. To me the Mamas & Papas version stands out, because of the male and female voices which makes it sound quite unique. The Beach Boys version sounds boring to me compared to it. But I'm no musician myself, so this is strictly a layman's observation. :ph34r:

I dont think you need to be a musician to have an opinion on music :). You either like it or you don't. The thing that stands out for me with the two besides the running lines in the background are also the fact that they made it a bit more melancholic than the original which I suppose is the intent of the original too but then again that's what I hear and it may vary from person to person. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2022 at 02:55, Aladdin said:

65% of music that you don't like at first sounds better if you keep listening to it. 

This is how top 40 was invented. A guy who worked in radio saw that when the broadcasts ended in the evenings, people would play their own music after work or at home... and it was the same shit getting blasted at them all day on the radio! 

Thus, the radio industry was changed for the worse forever. 

• 1 month later...

I might get ostracized in my community for this but I don't like Dhool. It's an inferior form of festive drum music compared to the Spanish/Arabic and some other drum beats. 

Still enjoy it for funkiness but don't like listening to it for long. 

• 2 months later...
On 15/12/2019 at 14:40, Panflute said:

• Kanye West is literally mentally challenged but music critics interpret his zaniness as brilliance because they don't want to appear racist.

Yes! 

6 hours ago, Waylander said:

Never got into Heavy Metal thought it was music for nutcases.

Living on a prayer was alright by Bon Jovi and I like things like Stereophonics and Kings of Leon.

Given how tame and even wonderbread the metal from your era is compared to these days that does make me laugh. The idea of Iron Maiden or Metallica being considered music for nutcases at any point in time is hilarious. 

All I hear on 'alternative' radio is that alternative [popular rock music] stopped existing post-1996. How sick am I of Green Day (the complete album Dookie), Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Green Day (the complete album Dookie 2), Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, Green Day (the complete album Dookie 3), Weezer, Red Hot Chllli Peppers, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, FUCKING RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS, Bush, more fucking Green Day DOOKIE, No Doubt, Foo Fighters.

ONE HIT WONDER LIST
Marcy Playground - fuck off
Semisonic - fuck off
New Radicals - fuck off
Blind Melon - already dead

Archived