talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Music Opinions

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Isn't arena rock like Eye of the tiger rock's equivalent of Drake making music for Tik Tok?

Never heard the term 'arena rock' but I imagine it would be fitting for bands like Muse. Like to put on a show and their music resonates well in stadia/arenas.

Not sure of the comparison to Drake/TikTok, mind.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this is unpopular but it has to be said.

I love Germany, but they have such bad taste in music. Anyone remember when Boney M and Moskau were in the top 50, with the former being #1? Such wanker music and it has to be questioned. 

To be fair they are bad dressers as well, but their taste in music is god tier awful xD

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I don't think this is unpopular but it has to be said.

I love Germany, but they have such bad taste in music. Anyone remember when Boney M and Moskau were in the top 50, with the former being #1? Such wanker music and it has to be questioned. 

To be fair they are bad dressers as well, but their taste in music is god tier awful xD

I don't know a single German who likes Boney M or Dchinghis Khan, tbh.

Yes, there's a lot of bad music produced in Germany, especially when it comes to contemporary pop music on the radio, Schlager/Volksmusik and previously disco music. However, there's also a huge variety of good music in plenty of genres (including the ones mentioned above), just because you don't know they exist doesn't make "German taste in music" awful... Particularly rock, metal, punk, the whole Neue Deutsche Welle movement, electronic music, various singer-songwriters - there are plenty of good bands, singers and songs, a lot of those are not known and not very accessible to those outside of the Germanosphere who don't know the language so they miss out on the lyrics and the meaning of it.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I don't know a single German who likes Boney M or Dchinghis Khan, tbh.

Yes, there's a lot of bad music produced in Germany, especially when it comes to contemporary pop music on the radio, Schlager/Volksmusik and previously disco music. However, there's also a huge variety of good music in plenty of genres (including the ones mentioned above), just because you don't know they exist doesn't make "German taste in music" awful... Particularly rock, metal, punk, the whole Neue Deutsche Welle movement, electronic music, various singer-songwriters - there are plenty of good bands, singers and songs, a lot of those are not known and not very accessible to those outside of the Germanosphere who don't know the language so they miss out on the lyrics and the meaning of it.

I was half on the wind up xD

And Boney M's Rasputin was #1 in Austria AND Germany. The only reason I said Moskau is because it's a stereotypical song to use ;) 

As for German music, I agree a lot of it is shite but one of the redeeming factors is the language. It's beautiful. My favourite language behind Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese.

For example I did like some of the German songs used on FIFA. It's just the popular ones that are absolutely terrible.

Maybe unrelated but some of the anime themes translated to German are epic.

I was half joking anyways. I am being absolutely genuine about my comments to the German songs in the rankings but not to all German music, and my wording was just a wind up ;) 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I was half on the wind up xD

And Boney M's Rasputin was #1 in Austria AND Germany. The only reason I said Moskau is because it's a stereotypical song to use ;) 

As for German music, I agree a lot of it is shite but one of the redeeming factors is the language. It's beautiful. My favourite language behind Japanese and Brazilian Portuguese.

For example I did like some of the German songs used on FIFA. It's just the popular ones that are absolutely terrible.

Rasputin was also #1 in Australia, #2 in the UK, #3 in Ireland, #4 in New Zealand and #7 in Canada. Their cover of Rivers of Babylon was also #1 all of those countries (except Canada) and more. So what's your point, exactly (other than being on the wind up)?... Charts have always had some god awful music, and German speaking countries are no exception...

Now I'm kind of curious of what German music do you listen to, in general?

Just now, nudge said:

Rasputin was also #1 in Australia, #2 in the UK, #3 in Ireland, #4 in New Zealand and #7 in Canada. Their cover of Rivers of Babylon was also #1 all of those countries (except Canada) and more. So what's your point, exactly (other than being on the wind up)?... Charts have always had some god awful music, and German speaking countries are no exception...

Now I'm kind of curious of what German music do you listen to, in general?

I don't listen to a lot admittedly. Mostly anime themes which the Germans remix the original Japanese tunes and some of the FIFA tunes. I really like Am Ende for example, I'll leave a link at the end of the post. Those 2 give me a good example of what German music can do. It's just the likes of Boney M and Moskau that screams out "wanker music" :D 

And tbf, Australia also has a pretty bad taste in music. The UK does too (but they produce hella good stuff on the other hand) xD

Although who am I to talk. My taste in music is huge but pretty bad as well... haha

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Mpache said:

Imagine having taste this bad.

Think this tweet works in two ways

1. The idea that Zeppelin didn't do anything original and pushed the boundaries of integrating sounds of the period - fair argument and one that is hard to counter considering they themselves talk about their influences and its evident in the music
  2. The writer is looking to troll and it seems to have worked looking at the thread

But to use the word good is highly subjective and to use it in a sentence and not say what it being compared to just means that #2 is probably more of what the author is after and not #1.

20 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think this tweet works in two ways

1. The idea that Zeppelin didn't do anything original and pushed the boundaries of integrating sounds of the period - fair argument and one that is hard to counter considering they themselves talk about their influences and its evident in the music
  2. The writer is looking to troll and it seems to have worked looking at the thread

But to use the word good is highly subjective and to use it in a sentence and not say what it being compared to just means that #2 is probably more of what the author is after and not #1.

I'd say #2 is more accurate, though music is more about taste and not fact based. I just think people should be appreciative of bands that set the tone for the future and left a legacy. I personally dont like neither Elvis Presley nor the Beatles, yet I completely respect them for what they did.

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I'd say #2 is more accurate, though music is more about taste and not fact based. I just think people should be appreciative of bands that set the tone for the future and left a legacy. I personally dont like neither Elvis Presley nor the Beatles, yet I completely respect them for what they did.

While I agree with what you're saying its also an art form that raises a lot of lets use the word debate about how good it can be versus how good it is or what it brings to the table in terms of promotion of genres, etc. Every kind of music does this even songs that we consider silly and pop-based because after all who wants to compare a track made by One Direction to a piece of music by Bach as an example although there might be similarities there we just choose to use the example as a wagon to push an agenda.

Led Zeppelin suck and half of their music was just riffs on blues.I'm not going down that rabbit hole of 'they stole black music' either, I don't care about that because musicians steal off eachother all the time, and if they didn't we'd still be listening to Grok and Krog bang rocks on leather hides.

I just really don't have the time to listen to Robert Plant moan on every song like he is getting rimmed and blown at the same time.

On 09/06/2020 at 21:36, Dr. Gonzo said:

100% fucking true.

Most people listen to what is in the charts because they don't understand anything else. It's not to sound elitist but music is an area of expertise like any other. People like what they understand.

Artists that haven’t pigeonholed themselves into one style or one rut of repetitive banality don't make the charts because audiences are often one or both of two things: musically uneducated or suffering from mob mentality. So progressive artists who prefer the joy and intrigue of expanding their music vocabularies beyond what is accepted by the majority aren't rewarded. The industry is based on popularity and consumption by the masses so it rewards those who appeal to the lowest common denominator. This leads the music industry to push reliable formulas, so as artists get rich by falling in place and enjoying it, the mediocrity of most popular music in the charts perpetuates. 

I love certain movies but admittedly don't know as much as I would like about film-making. That doesn’t make my opinions worse, I don't think there's such thing, but they are certainly derived from a lesser degree of familiarity with the inner-workings and complex mechanisms involved in that specific art form, so it's definitely a weaker opinion in that it's less sustained. It's not just "ah different tastes I guess" as people usually say.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Led Zeppelin suck and half of their music was just riffs on blues.I'm not going down that rabbit hole of 'they stole black music' either, I don't care about that because musicians steal off eachother all the time, and if they didn't we'd still be listening to Grok and Krog bang rocks on leather hides.

I just really don't have the time to listen to Robert Plant moan on every song like he is getting rimmed and blown at the same time.

Led Zeppelin 4 is the greatest album of all time IMO. Lucky it's subjective

Just kidding, you're a cunt, with cunt taste in music and I hope you get raped to death by a shaved orangutan. 

52 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Led Zeppelin 4 is the greatest album of all time IMO. Lucky it's subjective

Just kidding, you're a cunt, with cunt taste in music and I hope you get raped to death by a shaved orangutan. 

That's fine, everyone has their preferences, I've listened to a lot of Zep and it never stuck, after a long time of listening to Zep and their contemporaries I leaned towards the punk influenced sphere of pop music, as opposed to the bigdick-blues-sex-n-rock-n-roll stuff and the hairmetal that followed suite. Not always subjective though, there are bands like BrokeNCyde that are objectively evil and live to serve the chaos gods of Warhammer 40k

27 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Spike didn't read the white writing 

White writing is for little cunts that think they are being clever but actually have a disembodied cock living in their arsehole that ejaculates everytime they make a bad joke reinforcing the idea that the little cunts they are being clever

Fuck Robert Plant, I hope he is your dad, making him a deadbeat that skipped town, and stairway to heaven about him hoping for an abortion

2 hours ago, Spike said:

White writing is for little cunts that think they are being clever but actually have a disembodied cock living in their arsehole that ejaculates everytime they make a bad joke reinforcing the idea that the little cunts they are being clever

Fuck Robert Plant, I hope he is your dad, making him a deadbeat that skipped town, and stairway to heaven about him hoping for an abortion

Fuck you you fat diabetic prick. The 1000 IQ response would have been to put some white writing in there too, opportunity missed. 
Love U

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuck you you fat diabetic prick. The 1000 IQ response would have been to put some white writing in there too, opportunity missed. 
Love U

King's die standing, not slinging shit like a Bulgarian village rapist, which is what you are and always will be.

• 1 year later...

RHCP have 3 songs.

The slow one (Snow, Dosed, Scar tissue, Soul to squeeze, My friends, Zephyr song, Under the bridge, Road trippin)
The funky one (Suck my kiss, Give it away, Can't stop, I like dirt, Go robot) 
The radio friendly one (Danni California, By the way, Californication, Dark necessities, Otherside) 

Rick Rubins production elevates the band from time to time, and his 2 most focused efforts resulted in their 2 best albums. But the band has been devoid of any real creativity for 20 years, just writing 'vibe' songs. They're like the hippy funk version of post Bon ACDC. Writing versions of the same song over and over and getting a hit with the crowd every so often. 

Archived