talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Footballers that vanished off the face of the Earth

football forum

football forum

Inspired by Cicero's status. Who are the players that simply fell of the face of the Earth never to be seen again? Does anyone remember Alvaro Recoba? He was class back in the day but fell off a cliff overnight and hasn't been seen since. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jefferson Farfan. He still exists for us here in Peru but ever since he's left Schalke no one else has mentioned him since.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Jefferson Farfan. He still exists for us here in Peru but ever since he's left Schalke no one else has mentioned him since.

I saw him getting involved in a brawl in the Russian league the other day. He got a straight red. 

3 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

I saw him getting involved in a brawl in the Russian league the other day. He got a straight red. 

From what I saw, he instigated it too. And they want to call him up as Guerrero's replacement against Bolivia. Hilarious. He was a fantastic player at Schalke but a disaster in Russia.

• 2 weeks later...

Milan Baros

I remember Liverpool, Villa, a loan spell at Pompey, Czech Republic and Euro 2004 when he won the golden boot.

After that, I couldn't tell what happened or if he was still playing.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Tanksie said:

Harry Kane. One minute hes the league top scorer, picked for Englands euro squad, future of the nation. Tournament rolls around and I think he must have stayed home.

Was that the same tournament I cannot recall seeing Pogba at? Curious. Juvetus haven't fielded him all season either. 

On 5/17/2017 at 10:23 PM, Messiesta said:

What's Alex Song up to these days? Haha

Goddamn, his last season with Arsenal was beautiful. The way he played with van Persie was amazing! It was Lampard to Drogba esque, shame we only got to see one season of it. I still remember this chip Song played into the box for van Persie to volly home.

Yeah he shouldn't have gone to Barcelona. And I had never wanted him to come either. Had he stayed at Arsenal his career could have still been on track. 

As for Cesc, it wasn't a disaster. It just wasn't the right time. 

• 4 years later...
On 21/05/2017 at 04:26, nfb_10 said:

Yeah he shouldn't have gone to Barcelona. And I had never wanted him to come either. Had he stayed at Arsenal his career could have still been on track. 

As for Cesc, it wasn't a disaster. It just wasn't the right time. 

Fuuuuuuck me. I recall that I liked Barca pre 2012, They used lots of home grown talent, and played nice football. But that was the season where it all came undone. 

The fucking Fabregas saga "he's a prisoner at arsenal" "Let him come home" "They're holding Fabregas hostage"
Only to use him as a fucking sub, and for him to get shitty and leave not long after. 

Then there was the more more often more boring football, and complaining about lack of water on the pitch, width of pitches, and the famous "They just defended all game" pep accused of AC Milan after a 2-2 draw, to which the Milan manager responded "If you have 80% of the ball, then we must defend 80% of the time you fucking nonce"

Utterly contemptable. Biggest whiners assembled in football prior to Klopps liverpool. 

• Subscriber
On 03/02/2022 at 23:34, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The fucking Fabregas saga "he's a prisoner at arsenal" "Let him come home" "They're holding Fabregas hostage"
Only to use him as a fucking sub, and for him to get shitty and leave not long after. 

He was decent enough at Barcelona, before going to Chelsea and being brilliant for them.

At Barcelona he started on the bench and came on as a sub on average 1 out of 4 games, which isn't too bad considering the sheer amount of talent the team had. He also contributed a goal or an assist in 2 out of every 3 games. 

Archived