talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup - Quarter-Final Matches - 17-18th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those first half stats shown on Sky are pretty impressive from our youth/u23's to be fair. Villa scoring 4 goals from 3 shots on target xD

We've had more shots, more shots on target, more possession and more successful passes. As me and @Ricksaid, Brewster plays instead of Longstaff and we possibly could still be well in this.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've had more shots, more shots on target, more possession and more successful passes. 

Ah, I think you should go through now!

Just now, shut up said:

Why are Villa playing their B team? I know they're 4-0 up, but thought they would have taken this game seriously??

Because they can? It wasn't exactly a secret that we'd be putting out a very young side today. This gives the main players at Villa a chance to rest and their squad players an opportunity to play. Granted, it's not really a great experience for them that tells Villa anything meaningful about playing the squad players here - given that they're up against a youth team. But it's probably decent for their match fitness, but at very least it gives Villa players a chance to rest.

In the grand scheme of things I don't think Liverpool will be bothered by this at all, Just a chance to let the younger players have a run out and if they won then great but if they lost then no real issue except for their pride getting hurt a bit.. pool have got far bigger fish to fry

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

In the grand scheme of things I don't think Liverpool will be bothered by this at all, Just a chance to let the younger players have a run out and if they won then great but if they lost then no real issue except for their pride getting hurt a bit.. pool have got far bigger fish to fry

Totally agree. There was absolutely no pressure on these lads tonight and I reckon the Liverpool management (U23s and Klopp etc) would be more hurt if they got smashed in another U23 game as opposed to this one.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’d get Wesley on though try to grab him a goal give him some confidence 

I'm surprised he didn't play from the start given his need for goals.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived