talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Weird Things Football Fans Do

football forum

Back to the topic, weird things football fans do: disappear from the FA Cup thread when you talk smack about the opposition all season and then lose to them in the final.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Take to social media to write to journalists asking why they aren't writing positive stories about their clubs.

What real difference does it actually make to them? It's just very cringeworthy

Fans between each other are like that too though. Obviously complaining that journalism reports on negative things is ridiculous, but also a fan not being able to criticise his club or the players is just as bad for me.

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Fans between each other are like that too though. Obviously complaining that journalism reports on negative things is ridiculous, but also a fan not being able to criticise his club or the players is just as bad for me.

The example I'll take is Graham Species writes a Saturday column in The Times on Scottish football.

And every week there is a good number of people in the replies on Twitter, "Why didn't you write about... X,Y,Z etc...".

Or people complaining that their club doesn't get enough coverage in the media. Some people seem more concerned with the coverage of their team than the results.

8 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

The example I'll take is Graham Species writes a Saturday column in The Times on Scottish football.

And every week there is a good number of people in the replies on Twitter, "Why didn't you write about... X,Y,Z etc...".

Or people complaining that their club doesn't get enough coverage in the media. Some people seem more concerned with the coverage of their team than the results.

The coverage thing is an eternal one mate... In Spain they complain about this too and even though I see their point, it's only natural that the ones battling for honours get the bigger price of the pie in respects of media coverage.

So in America there’s a few people getting into football. But if they ask where I’m from and I say “Liverpool,” because an American won’t understand what “Merseyside” is or if I said “the Wirral” they would probably get an aneurysm... and that’s fine.

But if the next question is “do you like Manchester United?!” I immediately want to rip their heads off and shit down their necks. “No I don’t like Manchester United, I have a fucking soul and my heart isn’t made of dogshit - now never talk to me again you fucking twat” is the only appropriate response. Although I’ve never said it.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So in America there’s a few people getting into football. But if they ask where I’m from and I say “Liverpool,” because an American won’t understand what “Merseyside” is or if I said “the Wirral” they would probably get an aneurysm... and that’s fine.

But if the next question is “do you like Manchester United?!” I immediately want to rip their heads off and shit down their necks. “No I don’t like Manchester United, I have a fucking soul and my heart isn’t made of dogshit - now never talk to me again you fucking twat” is the only appropriate response. Although I’ve never said it.

'What part of London are you from?'

Wrong fucking hemisphere, dickhead.

42 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

They support Barcelona

Indeed, all those natives in Barcelona supporting their local club are just glory hunters!  Should support Scunthorpe United instead! :ph34r:

I know what you mean though 

:P[\spoiler]

On 12/08/2018 at 09:12, Spike said:

'What part of London are you from?'

Wrong fucking hemisphere, dickhead.

You'd be Acton, Shepherds Bush or Hammersmith generally, as that's where you're all doing your working holidays.

If it helps when I came back to England I worked for a company for about 2 years and in that time there was a girl who thought I was going back home to Australia....literally thought I was an Aussie the entire time I worked there.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed, all those natives in Barcelona supporting their local club are just glory hunters!  Should support Scunthorpe United instead! :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

I know what you mean though 

:P[\spoiler]

What about the Londoners of Galician origine consistently kissing their asses, are those local supporters, too?

50 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

What about the Londoners of Galician origine consistently kissing their asses, are those local supporters, too?

Because the Galician you’re making a reference to enjoys nice rounded cheeks!

I am a firm (emphasis on FIRM) believer and disciple of the term;

”MES QUE UN CHEEKS”

:x  

3 hours ago, Danny said:

You'd be Acton, Shepherds Bush or Hammersmith generally, as that's where you're all doing your working holidays.

If it helps when I came back to England I worked for a company for about 2 years and in that time there was a girl who thought I was going back home to Australia....literally thought I was an Aussie the entire time I worked there.

Maybe I should do that one day. What the shit is a 'borough' anyway? Is that like an American/Australian suburb? Like how Manley is a suburb of Sydney, Hammersmith is a borough of London?

Making a cunt of yourswelf on Social Media sending abuse to a player like he really gives a Monkey's fuck.

I'm really sure Dele Alli is cut up about what @SteveAfc1976 thinks about his World Cup performance...

On 11/08/2018 at 10:35, Dr. Gonzo said:

I consider myself in the 97% percentile of Americans in terms of football knowledge, and I have never heard of 'The Wirral". 

If you said Merseyside, I would have asked are you blue or red? 

People who get their thongs in a knot because someone says, 'we' and 'us' when talking about a club.

People who give non-English football fans shit for supporting and club in England. 

People who are get all up in knots about making sure everyone knows they are more 'die hard' than the other supporters...like anyone gives two shits. 

25 minutes ago, Eco said:

I consider myself in the 97% percentile of Americans in terms of football knowledge, and I have never heard of 'The Wirral". 

If you said Merseyside, I would have asked are you blue or red? 

I wouldn’t expect people not from the Northwest to know what the Wirral is, and even then maybe if they’re familiar with Merseyside generally. I do agree that you know a hell of a lot about football compared to most Americans, but I don’t think most people would put together what Merseyside is because that’s sort of expecting them to know about the Mersey. But I do think a lot of people think “oh he’s English, he must like Manchester United.” It’s either that or everyone thinks (well thought more like because I’ve toned down the Scouse-ness) that I’m Irish because everyone expects an English accent to be like it is on TV. Someone even asked “are you sure?” when I said “nah, I’m English”  - yes mate, I’m sure xD

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn’t expect people not from the Northwest to know what the Wirral is, and even then maybe if they’re familiar with Merseyside generally. I do agree that you know a hell of a lot about football compared to most Americans, but I don’t think most people would put together what Merseyside is because that’s sort of expecting them to know about the Mersey. But I do think a lot of people think “oh he’s English, he must like Manchester United.” It’s either that or everyone thinks (well thought more like because I’ve toned down the Scouse-ness) that I’m Irish because everyone expects an English accent to be like it is on TV. Someone even asked “are you sure?” when I said “nah, I’m English”  - yes mate, I’m sure xD

Most Americans think if you are from England you support either Liverpool, Man U, or Chelsea. 

It's amazing how general conversations with 'soccer' fans leads to statements like 'Tottenham are nobodies, what is Arsenal, and what not. When I mention Portsmouth to 'die hard soccer fans', they just stare at me with blank stares and ask who they hell are they? 

This is usually when I start talking about Blyth, Boston, Bromley, Weston-super-Mare,  and Havant & Waterloo. xD

Archived