talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Weird Things Football Fans Do

football forum

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Harassing players on social media, whether it's the players at their club or at different clubs... it's weird.

I like that sometimes...  you should see the shite Bellerin gets on facebook for the "fashion" pics he posts with shitty dressing and hairstyle... its beyond hilarious xD

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe I should do that one day. What the shit is a 'borough' anyway? Is that like an American/Australian suburb? Like how Manley is a suburb of Sydney, Hammersmith is a borough of London?

Yeah sort of, London is much bigger than Sydney so it's difficult to compare. A borough is a bit like Waverley, Northern Beaches, Inner West, Western Suburbs etc.

Hammeremith & Fulham is a London borough named after the two towns in it. Ealing Borough encompasses over 10 different towns but is named after Ealing.

Me and @carefreeluke met up in London once and were meant to meet Michael Toon who used to post on here, me and Luke decided to meet in Camden Town, Michael being the Geordie found himself lost at the other end of the London Borough of Camden which is not an easy walk to Camden Town.

On 16/08/2018 at 03:12, Smiley Culture said:

Do vlogs and run YouTube channels. Just a bit weird. 

That Man United fella is a massive nonce. 

Its part of the entertainment industry. Stop being so gloomy over everything.

Might as well not do football programs and shut down TV, books and films while we're at it.

I get you might not like it, it all has to do with one's taste, but to call it weird when other people have more positive and fun outlooks on life is just retarted.

On 16/08/2018 at 10:25, Lucas said:

Making a cunt of yourswelf on Social Media sending abuse to a player like he really gives a Monkey's fuck.

I agree with the first part of the sentence, but these players have very fragile minds. They are not thick skinned at all.

Critics and haters are like Piranhas. One of them won't hurt you, but a whole group will. I don't blame them too much though, yes it's important to be thick skinned but being attacked by a whole group will make them give a fuck. They are humans like the rest of us.

I half agree with your post, don't get me wrong but mostly because some of these players don't even run their social media accounts. I'm just pointing out that they do care if a whole group attacks them, and even more if the press gets on it.

I've never directly attacked a player with words and critiques, but I've been blocked off one's twitter for simply saying he was a bad player. It wasn't even direct, he must have found me xD

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Its part of the entertainment industry. Stop being so gloomy over everything.

Might as well not do football programs and shut down TV, books and films while we're at it.

I get you might not like it, it all has to do with one's taste, but to call it weird when other people have more positive and fun outlooks on life is just retarted.

Absolutely not shocked that you’re all over this sort of thing. 

It’s a part of the entertainment industry where interest swells when a Football team these weird people claim to support loses a game. It’s wrong. Wasn’t it Hector Bellerin who called out ArsenalFanTV for this? 

I’m sure there’s some good vlogs and YouTube channels out there but they don’t get the coverage they should because of a handful of truly horrific and cringeworthy “channels” who certainly play up to the cameras when their team loses. It’s an “industry” that thrives off reactionary, knee jerk behaviour of people when a Football Team loses. They make money based off views in some cases and they tend to make more money when their side loses and that’s just wrong. If they’re as big fans of their club as they claim to be, surely they see this as wrong and masochistic.

I’m not sure how you’ve managed to determine a person’s outlook on life based upon never meeting said person and basing you’re whole judgement of them on the Internet. You also contradict yourself as well. You say in the following post that “people are humans like the rest of us” and are trying to gain some form of moral high ground yet one post above and you’re abusing someone. You’re a parody. 

P.S That United fella that does his with a mock “studio” is definitely a massive danger. His hard drive must be horrid. 

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Absolutely not shocked that you’re all over this sort of thing. 

It’s a part of the entertainment industry where interest swells when a Football team these weird people claim to support loses a game. It’s wrong. Wasn’t it Hector Bellerin who called out ArsenalFanTV for this? 

I’m sure there’s some good vlogs and YouTube channels out there but they don’t get the coverage they should because of a handful of truly horrific and cringeworthy “channels” who certainly play up to the cameras when their team loses. It’s an “industry” that thrives off reactionary, knee jerk behaviour of people when a Football Team loses. They make money based off views in some cases and they tend to make more money when their side loses and that’s just wrong. If they’re as big fans of their club as they claim to be, surely they see this as wrong and masochistic.

I’m not sure how you’ve managed to determine a person’s outlook on life based upon never meeting said person and basing you’re whole judgement of them on the Internet. You also contradict yourself as well. You say in the following post that “people are humans like the rest of us” and are trying to gain some form of moral high ground yet one post above and you’re abusing someone. You’re a parody. 

P.S That United fella that does his with a mock “studio” is definitely a massive danger. His hard drive must be horrid. 

1. No one said they should get good coverage, all I said was that it's not weird at all. I don't care for the likes of ArsenalfanTV but when you start out a YouTube channel these days mostly because it's fun. Money making on YouTube isn't as easy as it sounds.

2. I don't have to meet you to know you are a negative twat. You spend all day on this forum moaning about everything

3. You say it's wrong for me to abuse you when you do it all the bloody time, and blow things out of proportion on purpose. I put effort into my posts and all you do is complain about them because you think it's "cringeworthy". I think you are the parody, my friend.

I can't wait to hear your next arguments.

Also, how hypocritical can you be to say "you've never met me so you don't know" yet you're always on my case about being a sad case. Bellend.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

1. No one said they should get good coverage, all I said was that it's not weird at all. I don't care for the likes of ArsenalfanTV but when you start out a YouTube channel these days mostly because it's fun. Money making on YouTube isn't as easy as it sounds.

2. I don't have to meet you to know you are a negative twat. You spend all day on this forum moaning about everything

3. You say it's wrong for me to abuse you when you do it all the bloody time, and blow things out of proportion on purpose. I put effort into my posts and all you do is complain about them because you think it's "cringeworthy". I think you are the parody, my friend.

I can't wait to hear your next arguments.

Money making is easy for the “biggest” of these channels, ArsenalFanTV, though and they seem to do better (in a views sense, which will lead to views and subsequently, money) when Arsenal lose. It’s masochistic and the “characters” they have on their channel seem to be the most reactionary, knee jerk kind of people possible, which helps create more views. That’s my point, it’s masochistic. They seem to almost need Arsenal to lose to do as well as they are as a business. 

Opinions are like arseholes my dear hamster botherer. Not everything in life or Football is great. It doesn’t mean that you’re negative if you can acknowledge this. It doesn’t mean you like life or Football any less. Also, you whinge to the admins and moan about them a fair amount. 

I’m not saying it’s wrong. I’m saying it’s hypocritical of you to say what you did about the abuse of footballers and to then not practice what you preach. 

Talk about generalization. Because ArsenalfanTV is cringeworthy (I agree with that for the record), starting a vlog or a YouTube channel is odd according to you.

As for the point on me gaining a "moral high ground", there you are manipulating again to try and ridicule me. I reread my post and I was just saying footballers aren't so thick skinned and they feel abuse just like any of us. It doesn't say that criticism is wrong.

One thing that really does my head in is when fans make up "disallowed goals".

For example, Colombia's "disallowed" goal against England at the World Cup. They scored seconds after the whistle was blown, so technically it wasn't really a goal if everyone had stopped during the play already. 

The reason I bring this up is because it happened in a Peruvian league game last night and people have begun to complain, when the goal was scored after the play had already stopped. So how does that make it a disallowed goal?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Pronounce VAR as Varr.

Spastics.

Its a weird concept for me. I pronounce it VAR when I speak english, but when I speak spanish I say Varr.

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm similar, when I speak English I say VAR but when I'm speaking English I say Varr.

Me three, when I type it as 'VAR' but when I speak the Queens I say Varr, and when I speak Strine I say Vaaarrr.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its weird when fans say they should have won a game because of one shot when they were battered for the whole match.  A few years ago I was at the arsenal v Sunderland game when they got a draw to stay up. We had 30 attempts in that game and after the game I heard some Sunderland fans saying they should have won because of one attempt near the end.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 29/12/2018 at 16:02, LFCMike said:

Anyone care to explain this onexD

There's huge potential for professional mental healthcare services after a derby match that's for sure. What the F does any of that even mean?

Archived