Head to Head
Man City - 57 wins
Draws - 31
Leicester - 30 wins

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah I think our long unbeaten run comes to an end here. 

They may be relatively under-performing by their own standards but they're still a ridiculously good team. They have their weaknesses in defence which I'd hope we attack and not sit back, but their front-line, especially De Bruyne in seriously hot form, does concern me. Jesus is in quality form too. Think both score but Man City come out on top.

To catch Liverpool now we need to win every game from here and that might not be enough  ..Leicester have another shot at the title again this season too, both teams can not afford to lose  ..we rested alot of players last night so hopefully we will be more fresh

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

To catch Liverpool now we need to win every game from here and that might not be enough  ..Leicester have another shot at the title again this season too, both teams can not afford to lose  ..we rested alot of players last night so hopefully we will be more fresh

Mate, just let us win. We have the better chance to catch them.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's the result you prefer? 2 points dropped by both rather than our nearest rival drop 3?

I'm undecided but definitely not wanting Leicester to take 3 points.

Yeah a draw's the best result for us - because then both challengers are dropping points.

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

True but a city win gives us the opportunity to extend our lead by 3 points not 2.

Yeah, but I don't want City's players feeling like the gap is possible to be bridged. I want them to feel like it's insurmountable and for it to affect their confidence each week, hopefully leading to more draws and losses along the way.

Both sides dropping points here is ideal.

Even a Leicester win could turn out good in certain scenarios. If Leicester beat City then that's City basically out of it. If we then go to Leicester and win in a few weeks time then it's all but done and dusted. 

So much can happen, theres 21 games left.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Mate, just let us win. We have the better chance to catch them.

You might bend us over if we like it or not at the minute xD  ..we need to get some CB's in next month if we want to win all the cups and chase Liverpool down (if that's even possible)

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Even a Leicester win could turn out good in certain scenarios. If Leicester beat City then that's City basically out of it. If we then go to Leicester and win in a few weeks time then it's all but done and dusted. 

So much can happen, theres 21 games left.

Correct, you could lose all your key players to injury and lose a load of games  ..long way to go yet!

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, but I don't want City's players feeling like the gap is possible to be bridged. I want them to feel like it's insurmountable and for it to affect their confidence each week, hopefully leading to more draws and losses along the way.

Both sides dropping points here is ideal.

We have come back from 13pts behind and won the title before so our players will still believe right now

• Subscriber

I'd obviously love a draw here but this City side aren't as dominating at home compared to their last campaign. They drew with spurs, lost to Wolves, lost to United and beat Chelsea by a goal. I think this Leicester squad has the ability to upset them at home and they will. Plus, Vardy is in very good form and he has an impressive record against stop opposition scoring 5 against City. 

What do others think will actually happen result wise in this one? City fairly strong favorites to take 3 points or is Mel right that an upset is on the cards...?

One of the most interesting games of the season so far.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, Harry said:

What do others think will actually happen result wise in this one? City fairly strong favorites to take 3 points or is Mel right that an upset is on the cards...?

One of the most interesting games of the season so far.

City win :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Do think the Arteta thing, while it may have no effect - it can't exactly have a good one on them either.

Anyway this one's a tricky game for City. Fingers crossed City pull off that away win.

• The title was changed to Man City 3-1 Leicester - Saturday 21st December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived