• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 3-1 Leicester - Saturday 21st December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Only seen our goal and it's a great pass from Barnes. 

Sounded like we fucked it from the start though - men against boys standard. Apparently looked nervous and even taking the lead was fortuitous. 

Liverpool solidifying winning the league by not even playing in the league today! 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Only seen our goal and it's a great pass from Barnes. 

Sounded like we fucked it from the start though - men against boys standard. Apparently looked nervous and even taking the lead was fortuitous. 

Liverpool solidifying winning the league by not even playing in the league today! 

I'd have preferred a draw but it does extend the league to ten points and a game in hand which is welcome given the tough fixtures the have in the next month or so.

Will be good to see how Leicester bounce back.

• Subscriber

I thought we'd lose. I knew they would be well up for it and our achilles heel is how badly we're playing, routinely away at the big teams - we were crap at Liverpool and a lot of the post match rhetoric from that was how unlucky we were and to be honest it's bollocks. We were terrible at Old Trafford and even despite going ahead yesterday I at no point thought we'd take anything. Even Chelsea it took us far too long to get going. I think we've got a bit of an inferiority complex about us in these games. We don't look like we believe we can win.

Don't get me wrong, Man City are, and were brilliant, but they won't have many easier games than that this season.

We're having a fantastic season but I do think to ever be taken properly seriously we've got to put in better showings in games like that. It also again highlighted our need for a proper threat out wide.

• Subscriber

City were excellent yesterday. That was probably the best I've seen Mahrez play for them and De Bruyne is just an absolute animal. They could have had plenty more than the three they scored.

Leicester looked tired, probably suffering from the lack of rotation options available and going pretty much full strength against us on Wednesday in a demanding game. Obviously they were never going to do this as its 2nd vs 3rd in the league but they could have done with an excuse to make this the game they rested players and accepted a probable defeat anyway but you're saying that in hindsight when before yesterday you have every reason to believe they could have taken something from the game.

If there is any chance for City to catch Liverpool then this is the time to seize the momentum. Aguero back fit, Liverpool coming back from Qatar to a full festive schedule and a great win over Leicester to build on. 14 points is a huge ask though and even winning every single game for the rest of the season could see them fall short.

• The title was changed to Man City 3-1 Leicester - Saturday 21st December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

City were excellent yesterday. That was probably the best I've seen Mahrez play for them and De Bruyne is just an absolute animal. They could have had plenty more than the three they scored.

Leicester looked tired, probably suffering from the lack of rotation options available and going pretty much full strength against us on Wednesday in a demanding game. Obviously they were never going to do this as its 2nd vs 3rd in the league but they could have done with an excuse to make this the game they rested players and accepted a probable defeat anyway but you're saying that in hindsight when before yesterday you have every reason to believe they could have taken something from the game.

If there is any chance for City to catch Liverpool then this is the time to seize the momentum. Aguero back fit, Liverpool coming back from Qatar to a full festive schedule and a great win over Leicester to build on. 14 points is a huge ask though and even winning every single game for the rest of the season could see them fall short.

It's hard to do that when we go into the game 4 points ahead of them. I think the fixture list just hasn't been very kind to us over this period with Liverpool next as well, but it was something we should've been prepared for and on the flip side, it was the first top half side we've faced I think since early October (could be wrong but it won't be far off that).

I think we were kind of shown up for our lack of attacking threat, which sounds ridiculous to say about a team with as many goals as us, but the wide options just aren't a threat and anybody could've called it pre-season. Barnes, Perez, Gray and Albrighton have 5 league goals between them, and that includes a Perez hat-trick in the Southampton massacre. It was always likely to be our achilles heel.

It was weird yesterday. 3-1 doesn't imply a hammering but it was pretty awful by us. 5-0 wouldn't have flattered them and that's very disappointing. Vardy our only attacking player who turned up. Far too easy to contain.

• Administrator

@Dan just watching highlights now - reckon the game changes if Vardy scores the 2nd chance he had at 1-0?

Mahrez had an absolutely field day down that right flank. Think City clearly saw Chilwell as a weak link purely because he was going to be left isolated through lack of support from Barnes. 

They absolutely dominated us so think they'd have come back from 2-0 down as well. Their chance creation was off the charts.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Dan just watching highlights now - reckon the game changes if Vardy scores the 2nd chance he had at 1-0?

Mahrez had an absolutely field day down that right flank. Think City clearly saw Chilwell as a weak link purely because he was going to be left isolated through lack of support from Barnes. 

They absolutely dominated us so think they'd have come back from 2-0 down as well. Their chance creation was off the charts.

I still think they'd have won strangely. I just don't think we turned up in any way, not many things genuinely amaze me in football now but when we went 0-1 up that really did because we'd done literally nothing. There was so little for them to worry about. Tielemans was poor again, Maddison not really in it, Perez just isn't carrying any threat at all either. Barnes is infuriating, does a lot of things well but just cannot score. Great assist though.

Chilwell was exposed somewhat but he wasn't really helped a great deal either by the others. Albrighton probably should've played in hindsight. I was happy with the XI but I'll happily admit it was completely wrong and quite an eye opener. They were better than us in every position. We had no answer.

It had been coming. Don't think we've really played well this month bar Aston Villa. Shame it's Liverpool next as well. Thankfully I'm still very confident we'll make the top 4 as nobody seems to be capitalising. Today was the two perfect results in terms of us making the top 4.

Winger has to be our priority. We're stacked with 'OK' out wide but lack genuine gamechangers.

2 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

Think that was our best performance for quite a While....

It looked like you were playing with a point to prove. Like sort of a “yeah, we’re behind you now but we are coming for you.”

Impressive stuff time make Leicester look that poor. But also, the two times this season where I’ve seen Leicester look pretty bad... they scored in both matches.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It looked like you were playing with a point to prove. Like sort of a “yeah, we’re behind you now but we are coming for you.”

Impressive stuff time make Leicester look that poor. But also, the two times this season where I’ve seen Leicester look pretty bad... they scored in both matches.

Indeed, even though I  think you will win it I know we won’t give up that’s for sure...

Archived