• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 22nd December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I hate to say it but time up please Ole, you may have been a legend playing for us and scoring THAT goal in the European Cup but your selections are becoming plain shite, play Lingard who is a waste of space and not playing young Greenwood, I watched that miss by Lingard on Youtube when he tried a chip when clean through but Greenwood would have buried that, then replaced Lingard with Pogba who has been out injured for months.

As Phil said, Solksjaer is simply trying to imitate SAF, the big difference between SAF and you Ole, SAF would raise the hell and scare the shite out of the players if they put up a performance like that and other matches, you Ole seems to have the to nice guy approach, smack them on the back of their hands then kiss their cheeks after and say "Don't do it again guys" with a smile. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Just as when you think united have turned a corner.....

Did we really think that though? When we went there last weekend, even after they'd just beaten Spurs and City in the space of a few days and we had 10 senior players unavailable, I was absolutely confident we could get something and we did. I thought they'd do Watford today but I'm not remotely surprised they've lost either.

Some people talk as if it's short-sighted to sack Solskjaer when he's "building something". Yeah he's putting faith in a lot of young players and it takes time for them to reach their potential but that's not even their problem. Solskjaer very clearly sorely lacks the tactical aptitude of an elite manager and, despite his smiley public demeanour, doesn't appear capable of consistently motivating these players either. Anyone who believes United start winning major honours again in 3, 5, 8 years time with Solskjaer in the dugout is, in my opinion, absolutely kidding themselves.

If United had left it until the end of last season to decide instead of giving him a long term deal off impulse, they probably would have thought better of it and gone for an established manager. Now Ole remains because they can't admit they were wrong. Nobody in their right mind can tell me it would be a bad thing for Man Utd on the pitch if they sacked Solskjaer tomorrow and threw the kitchen sink at getting Pochettino. It's an absolute no brainer.

That said, the issue of Ed Woodward,  and everything and everyone he stands for, is still a twenty times bigger issue for that football club than any of their failed managerial appointments have been.

8 minutes ago, Danny said:

What a result for Watford, surely United can’t persist with Ole? His United have no system, no gameplan and just relies on the brilliance of Rashford and James

I think they rely more on all the penalties they get to be honest. More than double anybody else.

• The title was changed to Watford 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 22nd December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maguire quote> ‘We were not good enough and we have to improve. It is something we cannot put our finger on.’

Well that sounds promising doesnt it? xD

Cloudy process by sounds of it.

• Subscriber

I'm amazed there's anyone that has at any point genuinely believed that Solskjaer is the answer. He's done nothing ever to suggest he's got the credentials for a job like that. He wouldn't get a single other Premier League job, literally, not a single other one. How he's still in the job astounds me.

14 hours ago, Dan said:

They've taken more points from 5 games against Liverpool, Man City, Leicester, Chelsea and Tottenham than the other 13 games. It's mental.

That's astonishing. I remember there was a period under Rafa where we would fare better against bigger teams and drop points to the lower ones but this season United are taking that to a new extreme.

I knew Watford would get something but not a bloody win. Seen De Gea's blunder he is still in my opinion top three keepers in the league, but he became very prone on disastrous mistakes like that one from yesterday. For a keeper of his class that must not happen. Watford did the top four a favor, and as Philly said, United isn't fit to control the game. They thrive against the top teams as they play excellent counters.

Archived