The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The monkey chants were obviously a sign of respect. 

Yeah, cause you really heard them...

The club have spent hours reviewing the footage, brought in lip readers etc and so far haven’t found evidence of it. To call it blatant is just so dumb.

Will wait and see how the investigation plays out from here, as should everybody 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Hoping you were at the game, you might be able to give us a realistic view on what might have been going on

Yeah, I was there, but can’t really add much more. I didn’t hear anything, but the alleged incident was quite a way from me. People were obviously angry at Rudigers theatrics, so it’s entirely possible that someone committed such an appalling offence but realistically I couldn’t say either way - I’m hoping the club can continue to shed light on the situation as they analyse the footage.

Interesting that none of the other players, as far as I’m aware, have said they heard anything though - but have seen one of our fans on social media in block 251 saying they heard. Either way I just hope they get to the bottom of it 

On 22/12/2019 at 18:35, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just seen a video of monkey chants towards Rudiger. A guy & his kid doing it, thats fucked up

Where did you see that then??? According to Spurs their checks have been 'inconclusive' so far??  

Although they have spotted a Chelsea fan apparently or at least one was arrested on the day we assume... also no mention of the fans that were throwing things either, thought that might be easy to spot if they can see every fan with cameras... They must be starting their investigation with the away fans first then.... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Good, I will assume that he was the one arrested on the day then.. 

Correct. Which makes me think it was pretty clear what he was saying. Fair play to the stewards for acting so swiftly.

If it was up to me, it would be zero tolerance. Ban them for life.

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Where did you see that then??? According to Spurs their checks have been 'inconclusive' so far??  

Although they have spotted a Chelsea fan apparently or at least one was arrested on the day we assume... also no mention of the fans that were throwing things either, thought that might be easy to spot if they can see every fan with cameras... They must be starting their investigation with the away fans first then.... 

It was on reddit, it’s from the cameras from the actual match footage (I didn’t watch the match live, I wasn’t home - just on here on my phone). The link got taken down for copyright infringement though - which is a shame because that could be used to submit to the club or cops to get the bastard caught.

But it was a grown man, next to a young kid, in a similar pose to that City fan who got caught by the cameras. And there were loads of comments on reddit about how fucked up it was and people hoping his employer sees too so he loses his job, as well as a stadium ban.

I was also very surprised that Spurs said their investigation so far was inconclusive. They should go review the footage of the US broadcast of the match.

Apparently the Chelsea fan was reported by other Chelsea fans - so good on them. I imagine a good number of your fans absolutely fucking hate that there’s a bit of a reputation with the club. And them reporting this shit goes a long way to changing that reputation.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Apparently the Chelsea fan was reported by other Chelsea fans - so good on them. I imagine a good number of your fans absolutely fucking hate that there’s a bit of a reputation with the club. And them reporting this shit goes a long way to changing that reputation.

That's the way forward really for all clubs so pleased about that.. you just don't need it and hopefully he gets a good long ban if not a permanent one... @Storts mentioned that it seemed a bit strange that none of the other players seemed to hear anything but when I was watching the match he first reported it when there was only him and Kepa at the far end of the pitch so might explain why other players might have been too far away at the time and if there was footage that you saw then something definitely happened... In fairness it probably takes a while to trawl through footage of hundreds of fans over the course of 90 minutes of football to try and find one or two individuals.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2019 at 00:26, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was on reddit, it’s from the cameras from the actual match footage (I didn’t watch the match live, I wasn’t home - just on here on my phone). The link got taken down for copyright infringement though - which is a shame because that could be used to submit to the club or cops to get the bastard caught.

But it was a grown man, next to a young kid, in a similar pose to that City fan who got caught by the cameras. And there were loads of comments on reddit about how fucked up it was and people hoping his employer sees too so he loses his job, as well as a stadium ban.

Spurs could find no evidence of anything racist apparently... 

The link won't come up but it's on the BBC Sports website... 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's shocking tbh and difficult to believe.

A Spurs statement said the club and the Metropolitan Police had "now exhausted all avenues of investigation".

Spurs added that the police had closed the crime report on the matter.

The Tottenham statement added: "We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

And that's that then.... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's shocking tbh and difficult to believe.

It isn't - I was shocked that it was reported and not surprised they couldn't find anything. Not really something prevalent in our fanbase.

I think the media reporting on all this has been diabolical - what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Clubs name was dragged through the mud.

Rudiger did the right thing though - if he thought he heard it then I'm glad he took the steps he did - no blame on him. But people need to take a step back and not jump to conclusions before the evidence is presented. 

51 minutes ago, Storts said:

It isn't - I was shocked that it was reported and not surprised they couldn't find anything. Not really something prevalent in our fanbase.

I think the media reporting on all this has been diabolical - what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Clubs name was dragged through the mud.

Rudiger did the right thing though - if he thought he heard it then I'm glad he took the steps he did - no blame on him. But people need to take a step back and not jump to conclusions before the evidence is presented. 

I mean... I know what I saw on the clip from NBC's coverage of the match and it looked very much like a man making monkey chants at a black player. Maybe that's not what was going on... but that's definitely what looked like was happening.

And tbh, one guy being a racist cunt doesn't mean Spurs name was dragged through the mud for this. I'm assuming the club looked at the footage and they've got their own CCTV and they probably questioned fans around the alleged incident. So maybe it was all far more innocent than how the images looked. Or maybe that clip someone posted on reddit wasn't even from that match and it was doctored to make Spurs look bad - the actual clip was taken down for copyright violations shortly after the match though.

But as someone who saw that post on reddit right after the match, again... working with the assumption that that clip was showing what it looked like it was showing... I still find it surprising. 

8 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

A Spurs statement said the club and the Metropolitan Police had "now exhausted all avenues of investigation".

Spurs added that the police had closed the crime report on the matter.

The Tottenham statement added: "We fully support Antonio Rudiger with the action that he took - however there is no evidence to corroborate or contradict the allegation and as such neither ourselves nor the police are in a position to take any further action."

And that's that then.... 

Maybe Rudiger thought he heard something discriminatory I myself think that everytime I hear whispers. 

On 06/01/2020 at 21:22, Storts said:

Have to agree on this, and that innocent until proven guilty. I am certain you were at the game, but i could swear there was some bloke doing a monkey gesture i could see it on TV. That is why i was certain it he would be easily found. However the police did their job so all good i guess.

Archived