talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [17. Spieltag] - 20-22nd December, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I think even Hoffenheim fans must be wondering how they've finished with 3 points. For about 80mins they were totally underwhelming. Dortmund just even more so as the game wore on. Still nowhere near convinced Favre is the right person to get the best out of this Dortmund side.

This loss had nothing to do with the manager, to be fair. I doubt he told Dortmund's players they should stop moving in the second half. It's down to the players they only shifted at a snail's speed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

This loss had nothing to do with the manager, to be fair. I doubt he told Dortmund's players they should stop moving in the second half. It's down to the players they only shifted at a snail's speed.

Of course not. But the game was crying out for Alcacer and he only brought him on so late in the game. It was crying out for a decent and proper attacker. 

There's definitely tactical issues there, especially defending. For a top side they don't keep many clean sheets. Two games in a row now they've been in relatively comfortable positions and lost concentration and made sloppy mistakes. It makes you wonder what is said at HT though...

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think even Hoffenheim fans must be wondering how they've finished with 3 points. For about 80mins they were totally underwhelming. Dortmund just even more so as the game wore on. Still nowhere near convinced Favre is the right person to get the best out of this Dortmund side.

I completely agree, it was almost all Dortmund for most of the game today. They looked in control and steadily created numerous chances. But poor defending seems to be their downfall. I'm not very convinced of Favre either, but to be honest, I do believe that Dortmund do seriously miss Delaney and Witsel in the midfield. They are tenacious in the tackle, hard working and decent going forward when they need to do so as well. Weigl for me does not have the presence of the 2 absent midfielders, even though he is an excellent passer of the ball. While Brandt is a naturally offensive player, so he is not the ideal player to be winning possesion back for Dortmund when they don't have the ball.

That's just my 2 cents on some of the problems this Dortmund team seems to be facing right now.

22 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Good game for the neutral - terrible weather for Thomas and friends, but he'll be singing at half-time!  Pity the cross/shot didn't drift in for a second - Hennings is a different guy friom his days in the UK.

Hennings is certainly a transformed player compared to what he was like at Burnley. He's been on fire this season and he's scored some really good goals. I am sure that Thomas won't be complaining about the rain if Dusseldorf find a way to win this game.

Union Berlin came close to scoring a 2nd goal, Robert Andrich's long range shot forced a great save by Zack Steffen, then Steffen saved the rebound shot from Gentner as well. This game looks like it's anyone's guess as to who will win it.

9 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Tommy Thomas whatever - BRILLIANT!

The final score is Fortuna Dusseldorf 2-1 Union Berlin

Erik Thommy's long range winning goal has proven crucial as he gave Dusseldorf the win. This win means that Dusseldorf move up in the Bundesliga table from 17th position to 16th place. They move above Werder Bremen who are now second from botton in 17th place.

Hutter makes more changes to Frankfurt's starting lineup again. Up front the Serbian duo of Kostic and Gacinovic will seemingly be playing support roles either side of the Dutch centre forward Bas Dost. Frankfurt should really be beating Paderborn who are bottom of the Bundesliga table, but with Frankfurt's recent poor form, anything is possible today in Paderborn.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived