talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Witcher

football forum

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I understand that the writers are not big fans of the books??? not sure if that's correct but if true why would you have writers that are going to stray from the source material?? I could understand a few tweaks here and there to try and capture a wider audience, but you have to stay true to the essence of the character and the stories.. I do hate when they switch the main character in a series.. 

The books are quite awful. The writing for the games was far superior.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Spike said:

The books are quite awful. The writing for the games was far superior.

The books are legitimately terrible - the writing in the games is miles better than any of the actual source material. And that's what most Witcher fans from before the show are fans of more than the books.

Switching a main character mid-series though is always bizarre.

• Subscriber

Respectfully disagree with you both, Im quite enjoying the books.. though I can see how not everyone would. The bottom line is Cavill was a perfect Geralt and I dont care if you replace him with god himself midway through its going to be a massive uphill battle.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I understand that the writers are not big fans of the books??? not sure if that's correct but if true why would you have writers that are going to stray from the source material?? I could understand a few tweaks here and there to try and capture a wider audience, but you have to stay true to the essence of the character and the stories.. I do hate when they switch the main character in a series.. 

The show runner and writers by the sounds of it all. I guess they just have a different vision for it, which is fine but I think looking at the two seasons they've made the one that strayed further from the source material was noticeably worse :what:

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The books are legitimately terrible - the writing in the games is miles better than any of the actual source material. And that's what most Witcher fans from before the show are fans of more than the books.

Switching a main character mid-series though is always bizarre.

I stopped watching spartacus because of it. 

However the Witcher books and show were both sub par so fuck em

On 01/11/2022 at 15:56, Viva la FCB said:

Respectfully disagree with you both, Im quite enjoying the books.. though I can see how not everyone would. The bottom line is Cavill was a perfect Geralt and I dont care if you replace him with god himself midway through its going to be a massive uphill battle.

Except Cavill isn't perfect because he is a literal ubermensch demi-god and Geralt is meant to be hideous.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Spike said:

It literally says in the first five pages of the last wish he has an ugly smile and stupid accent

And that makes him hideously ugly? I dont get that at all. The last chapter I read in the second book had practically half the mages in the room throwing themselves at him and where all jelous of Yen. Idk man, never got that impression in the first book either.

12 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

And that makes him hideously ugly? I dont get that at all. The last chapter I read in the second book had practically half the mages in the room throwing themselves at him and where all jelous of Yen. Idk man, never got that impression in the first book either.

Translucently pale skin, monster cat eyes, speaking like a moron, deformed scarring, and an ugly smile is pretty fucking hideous. And that is because the author is an ugly cunt that self inserted Witcher’s as having magic vibrating dicks that make witches cum so he could feel better about being a Polish incel that sold his IP to a videogame company that did more with it than he ever could.

• Subscriber

I didn't think the show was that great honestly, the games are far superior in that respect to even the source material but it will be a bit strange at first to see the lead change but I suppose thats the price you pay for taking forever to get to the next season.

I don't really see the outrage, Henry is one of my favourite actors and he really lives the role as he is a fan of the particular character. Still he obviously dislikes where the show is going and probably with Man of Steel 2 on the horizon and probably several other projects he decided to move onto new projects. As for Liam he as Henry is just too handsome for the role but i guess they need a big name to keep the interest going. Looking forward to see what Liam brings to the role.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Spike said:

Translucently pale skin, monster cat eyes, speaking like a moron, deformed scarring, and an ugly smile is pretty fucking hideous. And that is because the author is an ugly cunt that self inserted Witcher’s as having magic vibrating dicks that make witches cum so he could feel better about being a Polish incel that sold his IP to a videogame company that did more with it than he ever could.

Let the hate flow through you. 

Yeah maybe Im already pre programmed from watching the show first. Either way I think he was the perfect Geralt and made the role his, the little mannerisms and all. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah maybe Im already pre programmed from watching the show first. Either way I think he was the perfect Geralt and made the role his, the little mannerisms and all. 

I don’t hate The Witcher at all. It’s just the reality of the matter. 

On 04/11/2022 at 02:05, Viva la FCB said:

You watched the show first so you just project him into the character. 

Even in the 2nd game, where he was ugly, he wasn't ugly enough, and they made him younger looking and more handsome in the 3rd hahaha.

THE WITCHER 2 - Geralt gets a Blue Stripes tattoo (To Paradise on Whores'  Arses) - YouTube

Became

The Witcher 3 Angry Geralt - YouTube

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Even in the 2nd game, where he was ugly, he wasn't ugly enough, and they made him younger looking and more handsome in the 3rd hahaha.

THE WITCHER 2 - Geralt gets a Blue Stripes tattoo (To Paradise on Whores'  Arses) - YouTube

Became

He was really weird looking in the first game too. Remember Witcher’s are prejudiced against for their appearances.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Became

Im currently playing the third game so again so thats kind of funny. 

On 08/11/2022 at 00:22, Viva la FCB said:

Im currently playing the third game so again so thats kind of funny. 

Incredible game. One of my favourite ever. 

Took me a while to warm to Cavill as Geralt but he did a great job in the end. Liam will be interesting, think the show must be on the decline perhaps though? Season 3 out soon?

12 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Incredible game. One of my favourite ever. 

Took me a while to warm to Cavill as Geralt but he did a great job in the end. Liam will be interesting, think the show must be on the decline perhaps though? Season 3 out soon?

Can't really afford to be on the decline. It didn't exactly start hot.

53 minutes ago, Toinho said:

That’s a fair comment, season one was meh. But I liked season two. 

Season 2 had a more clearly defined narrative, but that narrative sucked ass. 

One thing that irks me horrendously about the show is how shitty a person Jennifer is. She literally steals geralts child to sacrifice her to a witch for a shot at getting her magic back. Geralt doesn't even really acknowledge it ever. He just takes the kid back. In that scenario most people would have fucking killed her. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Season 2 had a more clearly defined narrative, but that narrative sucked ass. 

One thing that irks me horrendously about the show is how shitty a person Jennifer is. She literally steals geralts child to sacrifice her to a witch for a shot at getting her magic back. Geralt doesn't even really acknowledge it ever. He just takes the kid back. In that scenario most people would have fucking killed her. 

The character deviation is something I can see why people are furious about. There's no chance she would ever sacrifice Ciri so easily.

At the same time the way they've portrayed her from the start in the series it isn't exactly out of character though, she's been thoroughly selfish throughout. Taking liberties so willy nilly with one of the core few characters is kinda dumb yeah I don't have much hope for the future of the series.

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

The character deviation is something I can see why people are furious about. There's no chance she would ever sacrifice Ciri so easily.

At the same time the way they've portrayed her from the start in the series it isn't exactly out of character though, she's been thoroughly selfish throughout. Taking liberties so willy nilly with one of the core few characters is kinda dumb yeah I don't have much hope for the future of the series.

It's not the deviation that bothers me. It's the entire premise of that exchange! 

What Geralt doesn't kill the person who stole and attempted to murder his daughter because.... she's pretty? Cos he fucked her once? 
I have no kids and no paternal instinct but even I would fucking throw the bitch off a cliff for that. 

Archived