talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christmas and New Year

football forum

Our Christmas is just fucking ridiculous by the way.

Christmas Eve we had 5pm church then a big family party of about 70 people followed by my wife's immediate family all coming back to our place afterwards to exchange presents (and to all watch our kids open the presents all the aunties and uncles bought for them).

This morning we opened presents and then went to my parents to do the same equivalent present exchange with the immediate family. Now we're heading to an uncles house for lunch with 30 people. Then down to the beach for dinner with a third extended family branch. Then the following day we're heading to wine country at an aunties house for the fourth extended family party... So exhausting. The kids are barely functioning right now, delirious and hyperactive. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, MUFC said:

My neighbor each year by all his presents on Black Friday weekend. He said he saves so much money.

As I've said before, you can get deals all year round on the likes of ebay as shops are all constantly competing with each other on there. It's especially good for fishing tackle as they all want to sell it that little bit cheaper so that people shop with them. I get bargains all year. No need for Black Friday, just shop about and you can always find something going on offer.

39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Fair to say the family games on Christmas Day were a little 'different' this year...

20191227_125716.thumb.jpg.e140859877ff00c0f2797e9b259c5634.jpg

Played a couple of rounds of that game. It seems like cards against humanity but with fingers pointed at each other 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Played a couple of rounds of that game. It seems like cards against humanity but with fingers pointed at each other 

Pretty much. As long as no one takes it too seriously it's a great laugh, especially with the brutal pack.

For the first time I'm just wanting Hogmanay done with. 

It's been a horrid year, the worst of my life probably. Lost a couple of dear relatives, my first real relationship ended, drifted from some of my oldest friends, and workwise ive just beeen working a menial office job while I wait to start the grad job I've been offered.

The only consolation is that I don't think things can get worse. So cheers to that, I guess. 

Archived