Leicester 2-3 Liverpool

Head to Head
Leicester - 39 wins
Draws - 25
Liverpool - 48 wins

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a big one for us to come home to. This’ll be one of our tougher matches in this spell where our squad depth is being tested.

Obviously, 3 points here would be absolutely massive. But also this Leicester side are second because they’re very good, so I anticipate a tough fight.

Do we get the new World Champions big obnoxious badges on our shirts now?

• Administrator

I think you'll win. We've looked so leggy and tired recently (said the same before the Man City match and we got battered). I think there's been a lot made about the games you've had in Qatar (myself included) but you're so well-drilled and organised by Klopp. He's made good use of squad rotation so I don't think you'll be that affected and won't show many signs of fatigue. 

A lot is made about the weaknesses in the team (sometimes the midfield, perhaps relatively leaky defence) but there's obviously so much more about you to threaten us. The front 3 are still scary as ever like when Guardiola said in that Netflix doc xD

Think we'll score but you'll score more. The atmosphere will be quality though no doubt about that. No doubt there'll be plenty of Liverpool fans in the Leicester end as usual though :dash3:

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is a big one for us to come home to. This’ll be one of our tougher matches in this spell where our squad depth is being tested.

Obviously, 3 points here would be absolutely massive. But also this Leicester side are second because they’re very good, so I anticipate a tough fight.

Do we get the new World Champions big obnoxious badges on our shirts now?

Not in the Premier League

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think you'll win. We've looked so leggy and tired recently (said the same before the Man City match and we got battered). I think there's been a lot made about the games you've had in Qatar (myself included) but you're so well-drilled and organised by Klopp. He's made good use of squad rotation so I don't think you'll be that affected and won't show many signs of fatigue. 

A lot is made about the weaknesses in the team (sometimes the midfield, perhaps relatively leaky defence) but there's obviously so much more about you to threaten us. The front 3 are still scary as ever like when Guardiola said in that Netflix doc xD

Think we'll score but you'll score more. The atmosphere will be quality though no doubt about that. No doubt there'll be plenty of Liverpool fans in the Leicester end as usual though :dash3:

How much rotation do you think there will be from Leicester? You've obviously had the League Cup game and then City without many changes (correct me if I'm wrong). Even though you'd want to go in with your best 11 on paper, going in with players you say have been leggy isn't ideal either

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How much rotation do you think there will be from Leicester? You've obviously had the League Cup game and then City without many changes (correct me if I'm wrong). Even though you'd want to go in with your best 11 on paper, going in with players you say have been leggy isn't ideal either

Not much for this game. We'll have had 5 days since the Man City game so bit more time for recovery. 

We'll rotate more for the West Ham game I'd imagine.

Barnes probably won't play though after his injury against City. I'd expect Gray or Albrighton to take his place. 

4 hours ago, Stan said:

I think there's a fairly decent chance we'll lose this one... Just too much coming back from Qatar and most of our players having 120 minutes against Flamengo, and with a few too many injuries at the time depth is needed most. It's our biggest test of the season so far.

The step up in quality from the CWC to a top EPL opponent will take time to adjust and that could definitely catch us out.

I'll be pleased if we can take a point and limit the gap closure after the week we've had.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

For this particular match, what hurts us the most is our midfield injuries. Especially Fabinho - but he’s been out for a while now. But I hope a Gini is fit because I think this is one for Gini, Henderson and Milner

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

WHY?! Those obnoxious badges are probably the most appealing thing about winning the CWC.

PL don't allow it. Apparently you can make a request to wear it in the FA Cup and can definitely wear it in Europe

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is Rogers a bit short on player for heavy rotation?

• Administrator
33 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Pardon my ignorance, but is Rogers a bit short on player for heavy rotation?

I wouldn't say short on players. He brought in Iheanacho for a few games and has used Justin, Praet and Albrighton in recent weeks. 

I think it was just not wanting to change a winning formula too much. 

• Subscriber

I'm pretty sure this'll be a narrow loss. Not been impressed by our performances this month even if the results haven't been bad.

Think this fixture's the last one we needed after that shoeing at Man City. Expect us to lose this but I think we'll turn it around and win at this dire West Ham side.

We've shat the bed in most games against the top teams, sadly.

• Subscriber

Don't know why the PL is against it. Kind of nice to tell the rest of the footballing world that they have a CL and CWC winner. But, we'll see how it pans out.

I hope we win this one. Something tells me it will be a draw or if we win a narrow victory. I echo what @Dr. Gonzo says about our midfield and I really hope Gini is fit for this one. 

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

We've appealed to the Premier League to let us wear them. I would absolutely love it

Tbh I don’t know why they wouldn’t like a bit of an advert for the quality of the league. “We’re the Premier League and we’ve got the Word Champions”

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I don’t know why they wouldn’t like a bit of an advert for the quality of the league. “We’re the Premier League and we’ve got the Word Champions”

Well yeah surely it’s good for the league...seems crazy not to allow it 

On 25/12/2019 at 01:46, Dan said:

I'm pretty sure this'll be a narrow loss. Not been impressed by our performances this month even if the results haven't been bad.

Think this fixture's the last one we needed after that shoeing at Man City. Expect us to lose this but I think we'll turn it around and win at this dire West Ham side.

We've shat the bed in most games against the top teams, sadly.

We haven't been in blistering form either mate. Really just grinding out results. Leicester are the kind of team against which that M.O can come up short.

I'll be shocked if we take 3 points here given its an away match. I'm tipping a draw.

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'll be shocked if we take 3 points here given its an away match. I'm tipping a draw.

Yeah cause we haven’t taken 3 points in any difficult away game this season, right?...

The constant doubt from people (including our own fans) is puzzling. Like we haven’t been on fire for a couple of years now. Like we haven’t proven time and time and time again that we can get over the line even when the odds are stacked against us. Nothing against anybody who still has worries and doubts, but it’s not a mentality that I share anymore. I fully believe this team can get through anything. If that’s arrogant, then so be it. 

Leicester are a fine side, and they will be difficult to beat but I still think we will take the result. 1-2 is my prediction.

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah cause we haven’t taken 3 points in any difficult away game this season, right?...

The constant doubt from people (including our own fans) is puzzling. Like we haven’t been on fire for a couple of years now. Like we haven’t proven time and time and time again that we can get over the line even when the odds are stacked against us. Nothing against anybody who still has worries and doubts, but it’s not a mentality that I share anymore. I fully believe this team can get through anything. If that’s arrogant, then so be it. 

Leicester are a fine side, and they will be difficult to beat but I still think we will take the result. 1-2 is my prediction.

That's fine mate. Of course they have it in them to get the result and nobody disputes that. However that's not to say it's wrong to ever tip them to drop points. This being one of the most difficult fixtures of the season, away, at a time we are significantly impacted by injuries and coming back from qatar is a sound moment to predict the second set of points dropped for the season.

• Administrator

But if you look at our form as well it's dropped off a little barring the Villa game where we should and could have beaten them by more than 3 goals. Everton (league) we were sloppy, Norwich was slow and laboured. Everton in the Cup should have been done and dusted but we let them back in. Man City we were battered. 

If we were coming in to this game during our 9-game winning run then I'd be much more confident.

But we've started to tail off a little and I think it's due to the amount of games where the regular 11 starting to fatigue. We should be a bit fresher today though but I'm not too confident we'll be all over you or anything like that just because you've been to Qatar. 

• The title was changed to Leicester 0-4 Liverpool - Thursday 26th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived