The better place to talk football.

Leicester 0-4 Liverpool - Thursday 26th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

4-0!!!

I fucking love Trent, what a fucking player.

Also, I absolutely love thumping a Rodgers side.

If Trent's gonna start shooting more regularly, he could become a significant goal outlet.

5 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Our son asked me is this team better than the Dalgleish era team and I said "Yes, but not as good as the teams in the Paisley era". :coffee:

What about the Preston unbeaten team you were around then John:ph34r:

Oh and as for our "leaky defense"... I'm pretty sure it's now the best defense in the league. Conceded 4 goals less than the next best defense... which is Leicester. And something I keep forgetting until I look at the league table is... we've got a game in hand.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh and as for our "leaky defense"... I'm pretty sure it's now the best defense in the league. Conceded 4 goals less than the next best defense... which is Leicester. And something I keep forgetting until I look at the league table is... we've got a game in hand.

I'm really hoping we can recapture that defensive form of early last season when Virgil and Gomez last had an extended run in the starting 11. The signs are positive with quite a few clean sheets in December.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

2-0 Milner!

Fully expect you to leapfrog them. When you played us, yeah we scored 3 times... but you were a constant threat. Leicester have had a bit of a spell where it's been close between us, but other than that... it's been all us. And now it's a lot less nervy at 2-0.

Hopefully we can chase you down a bit, make the season more interesting  ..you got to lose a few at some point, right? :what:

It's the performance they have been looking for all season. Been many games won but with perhaps little gripes here and there. But that was unreal tonight in all areas.

Never looked like conceding when many would have thought they would, especially in a game like this, against a team that can be very dangerous.

Ripped them to shreds in attack. It could have been anything they wanted it to be. Midfield was incredibly dominant. Didn't see many loose passes at all.

My only criticism of Leicester is in games like these, they seem to give the opposition too much respect. That said, I don't think there was much they could have done to stop that tonight.

• Administrator

Liverpool incredible tonight. We didn't half make it easy for them though! Trying to pass our way out the back when they have their front 3 pressing high constantly. 

Liverpool were just so slick and quick and fresh and we just looked embarrassing. Played like a lower league side. 

They're definitely winning the title as they show no signs of slowing up at all. All this talk of fizfjes congestion doesn't faze them and they just carry on and do their jobs to a man. 

We were slow, laboured and played with no fight or desire. I don't mind losing some games but as long as we show some hunger and effort. Today I saw none of that and it was rubbish to watch. 

Next time, Liverpool, give us some lube ffs. Congratulations today, you were sensational. 

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think Kasper is getting fined for this interview. 

Yeah, I think so too. I think he just wanted to defend Soyuncu - it's an unfortunate handball to concede and right as it's about to hit his hand you see him think "awwww fuck my fucking arm is here" and tries to pull it out of the way. The problem is prior to him noticing the ball is coming right at his arm, he's leaning into it with his arm and if the ball doesn't hit that arm... that ball's going to Virgil - so it's a tough one to concede, but you can see why it's given.

Although, I don't think Soyuncu needs defending here. Other than that one moment from him, he was pretty great when a lot of the Leicester back 4 weren't. Looks to be some player, tbh. Aside from generally being a good defender, that recovery pace he's got is really impressive. A few times it looked like Salah had him beat, only for him to be running right alongside Salah.

Also... I'm surprised Tielemans finished the match. In the first half, he looked completely out of energy. For the second half... he looked like a liability to Leicester tbh. He's normally a very good player, I think we saw a the toll of the fixture congestion with him today because he just looked well off the pace.

• Subscriber

That was nothing short of embarrassing and humiliation. Could've easily been more than 0-4. Carbon copy of Saturday - opposition absolutely unplayable but we'd have lost to basically anyone. Absolutely bottled it with both the team selecton and the performance. Liverpool and Man City will not have many easier wins all season.

Huge reality check for us. We've been poor this month bar the VIlla game and that, frankly had been coming.

• Subscriber

Title race is done as well. Absolutely no way anyone catches them. Man City will likely win every game and still not do it.

Be absolutely gobsmacked if Liverpool get under 100 points. Absolutely miles ahead of anybody.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Liverpool incredible tonight. We didn't half make it easy for them though! Trying to pass our way out the back when they have their front 3 pressing high constantly. 

Liverpool were just so slick and quick and fresh and we just looked embarrassing. Played like a lower league side. 

They're definitely winning the title as they show no signs of slowing up at all. All this talk of fizfjes congestion doesn't faze them and they just carry on and do their jobs to a man. 

We were slow, laboured and played with no fight or desire. I don't mind losing some games but as long as we show some hunger and effort. Today I saw none of that and it was rubbish to watch. 

Next time, Liverpool, give us some lube ffs. Congratulations today, you were sensational. 

We were pathetic, absolutely indefensible that he set the team up exactly the same as the away game where we weren't far off as hammered as we were today. Maddison on the left, I just cannot fathom what makes him do it, he doesn't excel in an attacking or defensive sense playing there. TAA rinsed that side.

Both today and Saturday, I think even if we'd turned up we'd have lost, but it doesn't excuse that. We have been miles off it lately. We will drop down that table in no time if we keep playing like this.

Been an excellent season so far but nothing's achieved in December.

59 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think Kasper is getting fined for this interview. 

He's blamed the referee apparently which is absolutely embarrassing, and frankly worrying - Puel-esque stuff when the players often used to come out with "didn't get what we deserved" or whatever.

Nobody is going to blast you for calling shit out for what it is. Don't try and excuse absolute crap like that by blaming the referee. Proper loser's mentality.

Someone merge some of these please xD

• The title was changed to Leicester 0-4 Liverpool - Thursday 26th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived