talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 3-2 Man City - Friday 27th December, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

I've Arm wrestled for Great Britain so that is a true statement ;) 

Oh shit, no way? That's fucking cool.

I didn't even know that was a thing xD - I trust you won many an arm wrestling match for us then. :UK:

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

All I’ll say is that I hope Wolves have knackered themselves out. I don’t fancy us against Traore when he’s on it like that haha. 

Yeah... hopefully they'll be absolutely knackered, considering they're playing us in less than 48 hours. But Wolves & Traore did look very good (granted, they were playing 10 men for most of that).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

I read many of 'em take chemicals, even olympic athletes wouldn't dare to use, and some look like mutants. Can you confirm that?

Some of the Americans topped the scales at over 400lbs with arms like legs, make of that what you will :8_laughing:

Liverpool need another 44 points to guarantee the title assuming Leicester don't win every game from now on. If Man city win every remaining game they can get 95 points so if Liverpool get another 44 they are guaranteed the title whatever city do.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh shit, no way? That's fucking cool.

I didn't even know that was a thing xD - I trust you won many an arm wrestling match for us then. :UK:

Yeah... hopefully they'll be absolutely knackered, considering they're playing us in less than 48 hours. But Wolves & Traore did look very good (granted, they were playing 10 men for most of that).

Yeah they should be tired but they'll be exhilarated, full of confidence and therefore probably still gonna turn up against us.... but then maybe lose the next couple of games after it which aren't as exciting...

If we start the game right we could snuff out some of that confidence and momentum being like an immoveable wall.

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Liverpool need another 44 points to guarantee the title assuming Leicester don't win every game from now on. If Man city win every remaining game they can get 95 points so if Liverpool get another 44 they are guaranteed the title whatever city do.

44 points from a possible 60 is by no means guaranteed. It's remains an open race.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

44 points from a possible 60 is by no means guaranteed. It's remains an open race.

We've dropped 19 points since the beginning of last season I think? Even if we drop more than that no one else is winning every game. I'm not gonna be one of these cunts going around shouting 'we've won it' every week but I find it very difficult to see how we don't win it now. It would be a massive bottlejob of we didn't and this side isn't that

26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

We've dropped 19 points since the beginning of last season I think? Even if we drop more than that no one else is winning every game. I'm not gonna be one of these cunts going around shouting 'we've won it' every week but I find it very difficult to see how we don't win it now. It would be a massive bottlejob of we didn't and this side isn't that

I'll still be clenching coal into diamonds until it actually happens.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll still be clenching coal into diamonds until it actually happens.

I can understand it but our fans need to trust this team more. It's the best Liverpool side most of us have seen and arguably the best ever

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I can understand it but our fans need to trust this team more. It's the best Liverpool side most of us have seen and arguably the best ever

It's for sure the best Liverpool side in my lifetime... and I believe that on our day we can beat anyone, even if we're 3-0 down in the CL against Barcelona without two of our best players. And I believe these lads can go all the way this season.

But I'm still scared shitless of failing from all of the other times we came close, yet left me broken hearted.

• Subscriber

I am amazed anybody thinks there's a title race. It's an inevitability on a par with PSG lifting Ligue 1 this season. Follow Spain, Germany and Italy if you fancy a title battle.

Shit result for us in my opinion despite it keeping us 2nd - and another showing of just how abysmal our last two performances were.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's for sure the best Liverpool side in my lifetime... and I believe that on our day we can beat anyone, even if we're 3-0 down in the CL against Barcelona without two of our best players. And I believe these lads can go all the way this season.

But I'm still scared shitless of failing from all of the other times we came close, yet left me broken hearted.

None of those previous sides have been as good as this or held such a lead though. People mention the top at Christmas thing but the lead was always a few points, not this many

Look, anyone that isn't a Liverpool fan knows they have won it.

Some Liverpool fans will really believe it's theirs now too.

But others won't till it's mathematically sure, and as a Leeds fan used to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I know how they feel. I'd be the same. You just want to see this second half of the season out now with no scares.

Let everyone be as they are. No harm in not taking it for granted yet. Everyone is different.

Savour the moment because you got all summer to celebrate it anyway.

44 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Look, anyone that isn't a Liverpool fan knows they have won it.

Some Liverpool fans will really believe it's theirs now too.

But others won't till it's mathematically sure, and as a Leeds fan used to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I know how they feel. I'd be the same. You just want to see this second half of the season out now with no scares.

Let everyone be as they are. No harm in not taking it for granted yet. Everyone is different.

Savour the moment because you got all summer to celebrate it anyway.

Pretty much. The odds are getting shorter as the season progresses but the lingering fear is that something will derail it, because historically, for a long time, something always has.

LFCMike is probably right though in saying we should have more belief in the side about getting this done. That belief, that arrogance is the mentality needed to right the ship when a result or two don't go our way, as opposed to that nervous doubt and anxiety that piles more pressure on the players when things are going against us.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dan said:

I am amazed anybody thinks there's a title race. It's an inevitability on a par with PSG lifting Ligue 1 this season. Follow Spain, Germany and Italy if you fancy a title battle.

Shit result for us in my opinion despite it keeping us 2nd - and another showing of just how abysmal our last two performances were.

Reckon anyone tells them they only won the title cos the rest of the league was shit :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned
  • The title was changed to Wolves 3-2 Man City - Friday 27th December, 2019

Archived