The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 29th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, shut up said:

the guy who should have been sent off scores. officiating a joke again

It's soccer law: he who should be off shall score. 

Ref should be penalized. Surely refs should be held accountable for their mistakes that teams have to bear. 

Perhaps lampbard has the ref on his payroll 😉

That frustrates me about us... we could have driven into the box there while Arsenal were on the back foot but we held it up and then back to the keeper... I appreciate wasting a bit of time but a golden opportunity to get at them again goes begging

Chelsea has been the far better side since Jorginho came on, which was a great tactical change by Lampard, but Jorginho should have been off and he might have even fouled Torriera in the build up to his goal.  Disappointing Arsenal folded like they did, was hoping to be a point out of fourth at the end of the day.

9 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Refs a joke, but typical from us. Absolutely nothing about this team, shocking second half. 

Arsenal haven't won now in the last 4 league games. More disturbing is the fact that Arsenal have only one ONCE in the last 7 league matches since Emery was sacked, having also lost in 3 of those 7 league matches. The ref didn't have a great game, but Chelsea were better in that 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I really don't get the rhetoric that Arsenal played well there at all.

They didn't. I made a comment in the first page about it. Their intensity just out matched us given they've taken advantage of the extra man in midfield when we played 3 at the back. 

Lampard making the decision to take off Emerson, (who honestly hasn't looked arsed anymore) and putting in Jorginho changed the game. 

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Arsenal haven't won now in the last 4 league games. More disturbing is the fact that Arsenal have only one ONCE in the 7 league matches since Emery was sacked, having also lost in 3 of those 7 league matches. The ref didn't have a great game, but Chelsea were better in that 2nd half.

Would Chelsea have been better with 10 men?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Maybe it was the case of Chelsea not showing up but Arsenal sure were on top for about 50 minutes.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They didn't. I made a comment in the first page about it. Their intensity just out matched us given they've taken advantage of the extra man in midfield when we played 3 at the back. 

Lampard making the decision to take off Emerson, (who honestly hasn't looked arsed anymore) and putting in Jorginho changed the game. 

For the sake of balance I missed the first half an hour due to Celtic v Rangers. From what I saw there it was Arsenal just sitting back far too deep and sure enough, they folded like usual. I don't think either team played particularly well there to be honest. Was a strange game and not a good one.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I really don't get the rhetoric that Arsenal played well there at all.

They didn’t. There’s a lot wrong at Arsenal, Arteta’s given himself a massive task getting things right for them.

This upcoming January is pretty important for them imo

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 29th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived