talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 29th December, 2019

football forum

Arsenal didn’t look terrible but they were pressing and defending in packs...something unlike them. With that said, what do you expect from them? There is absolutely nothing about that team...they have one really good striker and he’s always forced to play on the left to accommodate a not as good striker.

Other than that Pepe has been shit, Xhaka offers nothing, Torreira is just an energetic Xhaka, Guendozi is the only bit of positivity in that midfield...Leno is absolutely shit, the full backs are young and Bellerin has always been more style over substance and then their centre backs are just a truck load of gash.

Arsenal for me need to replace the keeper, bring in a solid centre back and also a midfielder to partner Guendozi and then they can start looking around the rest of the squad 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Danny said:

Arsenal didn’t look terrible but they were pressing and defending in numbers...something unlike them. With that said, what do you expect from them? There is absolutely nothing about that team...they have one really good striker and he’s always forced to play on the left to accommodate a not as good striker.

Other than that Pepe has been shit, Xhaka offers nothing, Torreira is just an energetic Xhaka, Guendozi is the only bit of positivity in that midfield...Leno is absolutely shit, the full backs are young and Bellerin has always been more style over substance and then their centre backs are just a truck load of gash.

Arsenal for me need to replace the keeper, bring in a solid centre back and also a midfielder to partner Guendozi and then they can start looking around the rest of the squad 

Yeah I agree with this. The Arsenal squad is basically a couple of good players and then a whole lot of deadwood

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I agree with this. The Arsenal squad is basically a couple of good players and then a whole lot of deadwood

It is literally a couple too

I saw Nelson running with the ball outwide in the first half, had the chance to square it in what would have been something like a 2v1 or a 2v2 but he played for the foul, dived, didn’t get it and then cried furiously 😂 It was the most Arsenal thing I’ve seen in a while. 

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

I really don't get the rhetoric that Arsenal played well there at all.

They played well for the first 40-50 minutes. Obviously had prepared for our formation. Arteta and the players didn’t really adapt to our formation change though and got deeper and deeper. Their shape for the first 40 minutes was very good defensively, also tactically stopping our system. 

We were much better second half but it was a bit smash and grab really.

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Leno is a quality GK and has been the best in the leagie this season. you can tell you get your opinions from the s*n xD

I’ve never read that shit rag, nor will I. But that’s a pretty astounding take. I don’t think you can take any of your squads current players and performances and say any of them are the best in the league at anything.

6 minutes ago, shut up said:

Leno is a quality GK and has been the best in the leagie this season. you can tell you get your opinions from the s*n xD

I don’t read the s*n. Leno is still gash...would suit a mid table club fine but a club like Arsenal is too much for him

1 minute ago, shut up said:

Jorginho was pulled up for a foul, and we got a freekick ya dummy. Guendouzi's 'foul' went to VAR and you got nothing, cos it wasn't a foul xD

Please reconsider what you are saying and watch the "dive" again before you reply to me. If you still think Tammy wasn't blatantly pulled by Guendouzi, you deserve wooden spoon of  2019. 

He’s having to make more saves because the defending in front of him has been fucking woeful. That always makes keepers look better than they are, Mignolet looked class at a completely dogshit Sunderland. It always made Shay Given more highly rated than he probably should have been anyways.

I don’t think Leno is particularly good or bad tbh - he’s good enough to start in the league and that’s really all I think we can tell about his quality until Arsenal improve 

13 minutes ago, shut up said:

I agree, Leno has been mostly impressive for Arsenal this season. One mistake in this game against Chelsea doesn't make him a sh*t keeper overnight.

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It 100% went to VAR, nothing was given nowhere near enough contact for a foul. 

That is virtually the same thing with Jorginho.

So stop your whinging how Jorginho should've been sent off yet conveniently giving the benefit of the doubt to Guendouzi. 

1 minute ago, shut up said:

out of all the big clubs, he's better than spurs, everton and chelsea keeper. city, united leicester and liverpool are the only ones in the league with a better keeper imo.

I'd even say that Leno has been better than De Gea in recent times.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He’s having to make more saves because the defending in front of him has been fucking woeful. That always makes keepers look better than they are, Mignolet looked class at a completely dogshit Sunderland. It always made Shay Given more highly rated than he probably should have been anyways.

I don’t think Leno is particularly good or bad tbh - he’s good enough to start in the league and that’s really all I think we can tell about his quality until Arsenal improve 

Leave Shay out of this

Leno has been very good this season but he messed up on the goal. I wouldn't consider that spot to be an issue though as he has been solid.

As for the game, we should've gotten something out of it. Refereeing was shit but I think we stood off too much in the second half.

We're playing better and hopefully the results start to reflect that. I'm not looking at top 4 for this season, just need things to really settle down and for us to develop a style of play again with us hopefully looking a lot more put together next season.

And so, the Chelsea rollercoaster continues. 

Lampard will get it right for every other one he get's wrong. As I said before, he's young, it's a learning curve at a big club. 

Important to keep perspective through the wins and losses.

• The topic was unpinned

We were terrible at the start the 3-4-3 is tragical. Worked well against Spurs and Ajax away and that was about it. The change of formation and Jorginho coming on changed the game and we dominated in possession. In the second apart from one clinical chance Arsenal where poor, but i'd say a half each would be fair. Jorginho could have easily been sent off, but i don't look at English ref's anymore. They are clueless and things like this will never change. Leno did make a huge mistake but he is still a very good keeper. The second goal came from a great break and Tammy did so well for the goal, his first goal against a top side this season. It was very needed that we don't lose again today, and end the year on a high and restore some points on our top four target. I hope we can get rid of the 3-4-3 as we are clearly not suited for it. Happy for Tariq to get his full debut, he looked very calm and didn't look out of place for the half hour he played. He is very pacey and almost fed Tammy early on when he was introduced. Lampard did make some mistakes but he also completely changed the game when he saw things weren't working so credit very it's due. Hopefully we find some kind of form as this win - lose ratio isn't going to help our case. 

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea - Sunday 29th December, 2019

Archived