Draws - 17
Wolves - 36 wins

• The topic was unlocked
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Could be a difficult game. I do wonder if Wolves will see it as a bit of a free hit and make a lot of changes though. They've got City tonight which will take a lot out of them

Yeah I reckon they'd want to put up a performance at home against City (most sides do!) and use this as a free hit too. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Could be a difficult game. I do wonder if Wolves will see it as a bit of a free hit and make a lot of changes though. They've got City tonight which will take a lot out of them

They are in a good spot to make some moves if they can get something out of either game honestly. A win against City and suddenly they are challenging for fourth spot when they play us. I still think we'll beat them. 

Another tough match.

Wolves have scored in every game this year except round one so it might be a tough one to keep a clean sheet. A good test for the Virgil Gomez partnership.

Hopefully we can keep our winning run rolling on, and end 2019 in the right fashion.

This will be tougher than the Leicester game. Wolves have less than 48 hrs between last night and the match against us so hopefully that performance last night has took a lot out of them. I’ll be very impressed if they come at us with the same sort of energy. 

Regardless, we handle pressure a lot better than that City team so I expect we will ride out the storm and get a positive result in the end. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Rick said:

This will be tougher than the Leicester game. Wolves have less than 48 hrs between last night and the match against us so hopefully that performance last night has took a lot out of them. I’ll be very impressed if they come at us with the same sort of energy. 

Regardless, we handle pressure a lot better than that City team so I expect we will ride out the storm and get a positive result in the end. 

A Wolves player encroached too. 

Reckon we might not see a lot of changes from our side. One of the things that other fans are not acknowledging is our injury list - now and in the early part of the season. Nobody speaks about it. 

We hardly have a CB cover. Same with FBs. With Fabinho and Ox injured, Henderson nursing a minor injury and Gini coming back from injury, I doubt Milner will be shifted to LB. 

The only respite would be up top. I reckon one of Mane, Salah or Bobby will be rested for Origi. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harry said:

I'd rest Salah. Played the full 120 in Qatar, and a bit off yesterday, and a bit selfish again shooting from a tight angle when he should have passed to Mane.

Haha Mane was absolutely livid with him for that. 

• Subscriber

What is odd about Salah is that he goes on these little spells where he'll go for goal when he clearly has a pass in him and in some cases the pass is the better option. This isn't the first time he's done and it and I doubt it will be the last either. Sadly, Mane is always the victim of these little spells as he puts himself about finding spaces and then the passes never come. And then he'll go through phases after he doesn't pass the ball where all he is looking for is a pass. It balances itself out in the grander scheme of things.

6 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What is odd about Salah is that he goes on these little spells where he'll go for goal when he clearly has a pass in him and in some cases the pass is the better option. This isn't the first time he's done and it and I doubt it will be the last either. Sadly, Mane is always the victim of these little spells as he puts himself about finding spaces and then the passes never come. And then he'll go through phases after he doesn't pass the ball where all he is looking for is a pass. It balances itself out in the grander scheme of things.

The bottom line is Mane knows when to pass, and when to shoot, and is the right amount of selfish and confident.

Salah either doesn't know or is too selfish to care, or too angsty because he's due a goal. He's an amazing player but this aspect is a limitation of his game. If he fixed it he could close the gap on Messi and those at the pinnacle of the game right now. 

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

The bottom line is Mane knows when to pass, and when to shoot, and is the right amount of selfish and confident.

Salah either doesn't know or is too selfish to care, or too angsty because he's due a goal. He's an amazing player but this aspect is a limitation of his game. If he fixed it he could close the gap on Messi and those at the pinnacle of the game right now. 

Nah that’s bollocks there’s been times where Mane has taken a shot and hasn’t passed either.

Attacking players are generally selfish.

Just now, Machado said:

Hmmm 6 Portuguese players in Wolves line up. Nuno doing a Wenger in this club.

They’ve got a weird arrangement with Jorge Mendes, it’s how they came up and started all of a sudden having so many actually good players.

I always feel like people who leave our academy having failed to make it at Liverpool are always forgotten men. I’m happy to see Connor Coady has managed to make a career out of himself that’s seen him at a club as good as Wolves and is their captain.

23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They’ve got a weird arrangement with Jorge Mendes, it’s how they came up and started all of a sudden having so many actually good players.

These kids in the Mendes wheel have their lives sorted out like it's a piece of cake to "make it" in football. Neto barely played, was appointed to Benfica and ends up in the best league in the world without having done anything special. Yikes.

I guess there is money to be made and Mendes sure is making a lot of it.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Wolves - Sunday 29th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived