talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Wolves - Sunday 29th December, 2019

football forum

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

These kids in the Mendes wheel have their lives sorted out like it's a piece of cake to "make it" in football. Neto barely played, was appointed to Benfica and ends up in the best league in the world without having done anything special. Yikes.

I guess there is money to be made and Mendes sure is making a lot of it.

It seems dodgy as fuck tbh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

How fucking long does it take for fuck sake. Such a simple decision taking almost 5 minutes to make. 

Apparently the reason it took so long is because Anthony Taylor gave the handball so quickly they had to check the goal was actually scored before he managed to blow the whistle. Pretty poor stuff from Taylor, to be honest

6 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Apparently the reason it took so long is because Anthony Taylor gave the handball so quickly they had to check the goal was actually scored before he managed to blow the whistle. Pretty poor stuff from Taylor, to be honest

Well I guess that certainly helps make his error clear and obvious for the rules to overturn him

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

This is genuinely making me lose interest in this sport.

For me it's totally taking the fun out of the best thing about football... the goals.

How anyone can say VAR has improved the game is beyond me? As a spectacle the game is dead.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm a backer of the technology and the offside rule but situations like that in a football stadium are simply unsustainable. Something has to give.

It's not just VAR that's the problem, to me, it's the whole combination of the rules as they are, mixed with VAR, that is leading to this utter farce. Why the fucking hell did that Liverpool goal take so long to give as well?

• Subscriber
Just now, Dan said:

It's not just VAR that's the problem, to me, it's the whole combination of the rules as they are, mixed with VAR, that is leading to this utter farce. Why the fucking hell did that Liverpool goal take so long to give as well?

They need to get the people who integrated technology into other sports successfully to come and do this. The implementation of technology this season has been an absolute embarrassment to English football.

It’s pretty clear there’s something wrong with the rules & how they’re implemented when VAR officials are constantly finding shit like that offside. They’ve got to tweak the current interpretation so not every week isn’t marred with this controversy

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

All this uproar over a goal correctly disallowed for offside. Jesus Christ

This is basically the same as one of Bobby’s goals incorrectly taken from us by VAR. If I were a Wolves fan I’d be fuming.

But as I said earlier, lol cool

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Wolves - Sunday 29th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived