talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 1-0 Wolves - Sunday 29th December, 2019

football forum

Just now, RandoEFC said:

They need to get the people who integrated technology into other sports successfully to come and do this. The implementation of technology this season has been an absolute embarrassment to English football.

I think some rules need to change. What VAR does is microscopes the laws of the game so much that it virtually kills the atmosphere. 

Soueness made a point that instead of any body part, it should restrict to feet only. But even then, I don't think it'll solve all the problems. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Handball for Lallana for me, shouldn't be overturned. The wolves player is offside, although I can see arguments for giving advantage to attacking side in really close cases. Like umpires call. 

It clearly hit his shoulder?

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

I think some rules need to change. What VAR does is microscopes the laws of the game so much that it virtually kills the atmosphere. 

Soueness made a point that instead of any body part, it should restrict to feet only. But even then, I don't think it'll solve all the problems. 

Well his foot was offside, so

Just now, Cicero said:

This!

The euphoria that scoring goals created is dying. I'd be more than happy if VAR was scrapped altogether. Its fucking wank.

8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

All this uproar over a goal correctly disallowed for offside. Jesus Christ

How is it offside. I've seen the replays and the arm is offside which doesn't count unless some rule has changed. If Neto is offside is by a nose hair which is impossible to call even with VAR, as the exact moment of the pass is up to human interpretation so to think anyone is able to make such a ridiculously close call is delusion as far as I'm concerned.

• Subscriber

Both the decisions were correct for me. I dont see an argument over the shoulder one. The issue there is the referee blowing the whistle instead of letting play continue.

The offsides seem silly but like I said yesterday I cant see how you improve it. There is a case for allowing a margin of error which gives the attacker the benefit of the doubt due to the technology being less than 100% reliable but then you have to argue what the margin is, and if they decide the margin is 5cm then someone will have a goal disallowed for being 5.01cm offside and that will just get called scandalous and a farce instead.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They need to get the people who integrated technology into other sports successfully to come and do this. The implementation of technology this season has been an absolute embarrassment to English football.

Nothing short of it. I'm amazed it's gone quite this badly. They didn't really think this through very well.

4 minutes ago, Machado said:

How is it offside. I've seen the replays and the arm is offside which doesn't count unless some rule has changed. If Neto is offside is by a nose hair which is impossible to call even with VAR, as the exact moment of the pass is up to human interpretation so to think anyone is able to make such a ridiculously close call is delusion as far as I'm concerned.

It was his armpit wasn't it?

You can technically score with your armpit. But then again, when have you ever seen a player score a diving armpit?

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Nothing short of it. I'm amazed it's gone quite this badly. They didn't really think this through very well.

I am impressed at how poorly it’s been implemented. But considering Mike Riley, one of the most controversial and/or incompetent refs of our lifetimes is the head of all referees in the country and in charge of VAR’s rollout in the UK... I guess I shouldn’t be surprised

• Subscriber

It's like they've actually tried to make it as poorly implemented as possible. A real cynic might suggest they've done it on purpose so that everyone will want it scrapped after a season because they don't want to have technology in the long run. However, there's no need for such conspiracy theories, because the simple explanation of it simply being a case of colossal incompetence as always from the authorities over here is just too accurate.

Just now, Machado said:

How is it offside. I've seen the replays and the arm is offside which doesn't count unless some rule has changed. If Neto is offside is by a nose hair which is impossible to call even with VAR, as the exact moment of the pass is up to human interpretation so to think anyone is able to make such a call is delusion as far as I'm concerned.

His foot's offside

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I am impressed at how poorly it’s been implemented. But considering Mike Riley, one of the most controversial and/or incompetent refs of our lifetimes is the head of all referees in the country and in charge of VAR’s rollout in the UK... I guess I shouldn’t be surprised

Seems to be a frequent thing that happens in English football. Like letting John Beck have a job in the FA for youth development. Too daft to laugh at.

11 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

His foot's offside

xD Counting pixels to rule out goals. The state of the game.

I've seen it but it seems like you've missed the point.

How do we know in which split second the ball leaves the foot? Apply the tech in the other end as well then?

Skip one frame back... not offside, one frame after... 2 mm offside. Make the yellow line thicker... not offside. Sems rather arbitrary.

The tech isn't there for what they're trying to do.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

We have got to look at the way Wolves approach these kinds of games. Our effort against Liverpool compared to this is a bit embarrassing tbh.

Different fame to be fair. You were at home and had every right to feel you could take them on. I was surprised you messed with maddison though. 

• Subscriber

Different fame to be fair. You were at home and had every right to feel you could take them on. I was surprised you messed with maddison though. 

It was exactly the same at Anfield. We were equally as dire in that, just Liverpool wasteful. See also games against Man City.

Don't get me wrong, for me, we are better than Wolves but they trump us by a noteworthy amount in these kinds of games. That's definitely our weakness.

Wolves are giving us far more of a go than Leicester ever did?

Wolves look like a team that wants to prove themselves and performances like this make me think if they can consistently do this, they should be finishing top 4 this season.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-0 Wolves - Sunday 29th December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived