• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 28-29th December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

That was simply funny. Huge risk to play effectively the weakest team we have named in any competition this season (don't forget we've generally gone strong in the cup) but it's worked out so how can anybody be unhappy really? We've gotten away with it.

I think on form, our first team absolutely takes them to bits. They are truly shocking, an absolute mess and no way could Pellegrini survive that.

Huge win for us in my opinion. Even better that Tottenham also dropped points. We've taken a big gamble, gotten away with it and still got the wn. We're now fresh for Newcastle and I expect another victory.

Super.

• Subscriber

Got to give a lot of our players credit for that as well. Iheanacho's goal contribution is something like once every 44 minutes, he's genuinely producing at the minute. Gray I thought was typical Gray, but fair play to him for his goal and especially after he'd missed a penalty. Players like Fuchs, Albrighton etc... perfect for that game. Nampalys Mendy is a genuinely tidy footballer, I'm happy keeping him as an option, Choudhury very decent, thought that was probably the best game Perez has had for us other than Southampton too.

We've put ourselves in a cracking position here now. We've got a lovely run of games coming up - fancy us for another winning run actually. Much as I blasted the last two showings from us there is no doubt we have cracked how to play against your average and poor sides of the league, and that's why we will finish in the top four in my opinion.

Well, we are knackered. The last half hour was difficult to watch. Roy's hesitancy to make any substitutes is extremely frustrating, but I read a stat that only Liverpool and Manchester City have lost more games than us in 2019. Which is quite frankly remarkable.

Vicente Guaita kept us in that game by the end. What a brilliant find he was by Dougie Freedman. 

Roy has made it clear he wants up to 5 signings in January. He made a dig about Steve Parish on Amazon to Clinton Morrison about how Parish doesn't listen to him which I found interesting. Then again if Parish is asking the owners for money and the owners want to sell the club, it seems like he may be in a difficult position himself. His position isn't helped by the fact Roy has no interest in getting the best out of players like Riedewald, Meyer and Camarasa either. We would be better off signing Joe Allan than a foreign player with flair.

As for the offside goal, well, by the letter of the law it was offside. It shows how ridiculous the offside rule is at the minute, but it was still offside.

23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Proper shite this league. Get me in the top four Carlo.

So all season long my blueshite pals have been bitching about how Silva just stuck with the same tactics and would never change the shape of the side mid-match. Meanwhile in the last game Carlo changed your shape twice for tactical reasons and both times it worked. Early days, but that sort of tactical flexibility will be useful as fuck in a league this tight.

On 28/12/2019 at 09:29, Harvsky said:

The atmosphere this season has been the worst in the clubs history by far. The ground is full of zombie fans. Passion barely exists. The only voice you hear is Martin Dubravka's. The football hasn't been good enough to get people pumped up and it hasn't been bad enough to get a groaning noise. It's all dead. 

Today is the first game with the 10,000 free season ticket holders. A full stadium. We shall see if those 10,000 will bring a bit of passion and encouragement to the ground or not. 

On the footballing front we made big changes for the Man Utd game to rest Hayden, Shelvey and Carroll for this one.

The next 4 days for me will determine whether we are just a team pursuing 40 points or whether we could feasibly finish top half with this style of play.

Anybody got a violin small enough I can play?

You have a local manager that's giving local talent an opportunity in difficult circumstances that aren't going to change any time soon. Instead of groaning about the days of Ginola and Aspirilla get behind the club and create something magnificent.

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Anybody got a violin small enough I can play?

You have a local manager that's giving local talent an opportunity in difficult circumstances that aren't going to change any time soon. Instead of groaning about the days of Ginola and Aspirilla get behind the club and create something magnificent.

As I said there is no groaning in the ground. 

Not sure about the local talent getting a game. Sean Longstaff has lost the place in the side that he had last season and lost form. Matty Longstaff has played about 3 games and often doesn't make the bench or ever come on off the bench. 

That's it for "giving local talent a chance".

If they were actually playing then maybe the atmosphere would be better. The poor atmosphere of those left in the ground is the result of the poor standard of attacking football and what looks like 50% of the singing section chucking in their season tickets. Ginola has nothing to do with it. The Everton game, which this thread is about, was one of the better atmospheres of the season because at times we were getting joy going forward. 

You can't expect a club to be bouncing at home during spells of 30% possession against Southampton.

Archived