West Ham vs Leicester, 17.30

Sunday 29th December, 2019
Man City vs Sheffield United, 18.00

• The topic was unlocked
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I do think the scheduling is a bit overkilled to be honest and it's likely to produce a horrendous set of games, including ours which I expect to be a bit of a slog - I do think we'll win though despite the toss served up in the last few games, we have issues but they aren't as big as West Ham's - they are truly dog shit and anything less than a win would be disappointing.

Will be very interested to see what his XI is for this. It's got to change a bit.

The atmosphere this season has been the worst in the clubs history by far. The ground is full of zombie fans. Passion barely exists. The only voice you hear is Martin Dubravka's. The football hasn't been good enough to get people pumped up and it hasn't been bad enough to get a groaning noise. It's all dead. 

Today is the first game with the 10,000 free season ticket holders. A full stadium. We shall see if those 10,000 will bring a bit of passion and encouragement to the ground or not. 

On the footballing front we made big changes for the Man Utd game to rest Hayden, Shelvey and Carroll for this one.

The next 4 days for me will determine whether we are just a team pursuing 40 points or whether we could feasibly finish top half with this style of play.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gray misses a penalty. Fabianski should have seen red for that taking out Iheanacho when he was through on goal. 

They only give a red for that if it's not also a penalty. Was it cynical as fuck or could he have argued he tried to play the ball?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

They only give a red for that if it's not also a penalty. Was it cynical as fuck or could he have argued he tried to play the ball?

Just now, LFCMike said:

I thought the rule was that if a penalty is awarded there's no red card?

Yeah he's gone for the ball I suppose. Just totally missed it and cleans Iheanacho out. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived