talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Thursday 26th December, 2019

football forum

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Who's beating players in this team for us? Who's taking players out the game? Who's making low defensive blocks think? Who's picking out a pass? 

Willian has never been that player, particularly at home, no matter what the footballing world seems to think.

Hudson-Odoi is not with it at the moment.

Pedro is on his way out.

Pulisic see above.

Mount for me is more a tactical type player if that makes sense in any way. 

Sarri had Hazard, a fully fit and in form Hudson-Odoi, and at points Loftus-Cheek (when fit) to help ease that burden but we still said we needed other attacking players, even when we had Hazard.

Lampard can do more I think tactically, everyone can do more but greater quality is still needed in this team.

Hudson-Odoi's been a massive disappointment since he was given that big contract. He's only young and he's got a lot of time to develop, but when you demand that kind of money or you'll fuck off to European giants like Bayern Munich... you'd expect a lot more from the performances.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's the games where we mostly relied on Hazard to pull us through. I echo on the need of quality, but both the players and Lampard should be doing more. 

Think it's understandable that any club would struggle after selling a player of his quality, that the attack was built around for years.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve seen more discontent from Chelsea fans with Hudson-Odoi this season than I have with Willian for the last seven years. We can’t be relying on Willian to the extent we are. Like many players he does better with regular game time but those minutes are not worth the general inconsistency he offers. Pedro would have offered more if he had been given the time Willian has this season.

Rudiger was also pants today. Don’t get this saviour type of status he had earlier in the season. I don’t think centre back is a problem for us though, despite what our defensive problems might suggest. Left back would be the area we need to strengthen but I think our priority has to be further up the pitch.

• The topic was unpinned

If Chelsea and their fans carry on wetting the bed after a few poor results and wanting managers gone, it's going to get to a point where no half decent manager will touch the club with a barge poll. 

I mean on here @Ciceroswings wildly from saying x player or x manager is absolutely world class to absolutely shite on a week to week basis. You have to give people more time otherwise you will have this forever revolving door at the club where no real progress is ever being made. 

Fuck me, just give Lampard some slack, hes an absolute junior as a manager. 

Don't think any Chelsea fan on this forum is having a dig at Lampard. However stating he made a mistake isn't slagging him, it's a forum we debate. I love Lampard and no matter how or where we end with him he will forever be a giant for me. Yesterday he started a defensive team, against a team that sat by that point on 17th place. We haven't created a single good chance, we allowed Southampton to score from their first shot on target even with having three center backs and two wing backs. In the second when we changed to our usual formation we looked terrible defensively and Southampton got their second and could have got more. We made them look like they are prime Barcelona. I can accept that we will have defeats, that form will go up and down, new team new manager pretty new at his job all understandable. However is this team poor? Meaning quality poor? We have three youngsters starting out of eleven players. It's not like we are playing kids like Bolton. Losing five in seven is disastrous at any standard, it's not a dip in form it's a relegation battle form. We must do better than this, losing to Bournemouth, Southampton and West Ham home without scoring a single goal is tragical. I've read somewhere that if this was Sarri we would be calling for his head, and it is very true. He did have some shocking results like the 6-0 and 4-0 defeat in matter of weeks but we also had a pretty steady season. Signing players in January will probably mean panic buying and paying over the realistic price. We won't get the likes of Chilwell in January etc. Think the best we could do is get Zaha for an hefty price who wouldn't change us much. Even Lampard got the to point that he said yesterday that he is repeating himself. Same defeats every other weekend against similar sides. That sit deep and we can't make the breakthrough. Funny things is that we are playing 3-4-3 and our wing backs can't cross the ball to save their lives especially Azpilicueta who i cherish as a God. Arsenal next and i don't see us doing a Tottenham and winning, i'd say more a draw or a defeat again. I am certain Lampard won't be sacked and i don't want him sacked, but he must find the winning formula and some kind of form as unfortunately this isn't Derby County, and he knows that from day one.

That was my favourite win of the season. The manner of the victory was brilliant.

You had Max Meyer playing out of position (again) linking up with Wilfried Zaha brilliantly, you had Sakho doing back heels in his six yard box, you had Kouyate scoring his first goal against his old club that keep going on about how shit he is, then you also had Jairo Riedewald playing brilliantly and saving us with a brilliant tackle.

But of course you had the man of the hour. Jordan Ayew thinking he was Johan Cryuff in the 90th. He spun Declan Rice back to East London, took on two defenders before dinking it over the keeper. It was an absolute joy to watch somebody so limited that gives 100% getting his just reward. Jordan crying, Guaita giving it to the away fans, it was a good way to end the decade at Selhurst Park which I imagine is a decade we will look back with fond memories.

33 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

First experience of Amazon Prime and I thought it was class. Definitely the future of Football, that. 

Yep, hopefully The PL see this and are thinking of creating there own subscription service. NBA, WWE and Disney have all shown how to successfully implement it. Why let somebody else get the profits when you can have it all?

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yep, hopefully The PL see this and are thinking of creating there own subscription service. NBA, WWE and Disney have all shown how to successfully implement it. Why let somebody else get the profits when you can have it all?

Exactly. What Simon Jordan said on TalkSport the other week was bang on about a Netflix type programme. 

Even 10m worldwide (a conservative figure really) paying £9.99 a month is £99,900,000 a month. You’re looking at over a billion pound a year business there and clubs would get a hell of a kitty post production costs etc. 

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

If Chelsea and their fans carry on wetting the bed after a few poor results and wanting managers gone, it's going to get to a point where no half decent manager will touch the club with a barge poll. 

I mean on here @Ciceroswings wildly from saying x player or x manager is absolutely world class to absolutely shite on a week to week basis. You have to give people more time otherwise you will have this forever revolving door at the club where no real progress is ever being made. 

You are quite honestly so full of shit it’s honestly pathetic. 

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

xD

Not sure what you might expect in all honesty... If I had a pound for all the doom and gloom negativity and crying hard luck stories I have heard from Liverpool fans over the years I would be a very rich man indeed... I suppose now though that Liverpool have finally started getting their act together in recent seasons you feel it's safe to pour scorn on others from a lofty position of superiority??? I am just guessing mind but you are coming across as a bit like the toff in his mansion pointing out that those around you should be satisfied with their lot even if they don't have all the comforts you currently enjoy..

We knew the score coming into this season but it's right that we ask questions about our defence, attack and manager experience/tactics and when things go well like it did at Spurs it's right they should be getting all the praise and pats on the back and when it goes tits like Southampton/West ham/Bournemouth/Everton it's only right we break that down and voice our displeasure at how that went and  what we think needs doing to improve it... 

Archived