Bournemouth vs Arsenal
Chelsea vs Southampton
Crystal Palace vs West Ham
Everton vs Burnley
Sheff Utd vs Watford

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bounced back with a win against Spurs, everyone is fit so we should field our strongest team. The Saints found some form typically, but this should be a win as we can't continue dropping points home. Doubt we will play the 3-4-3 which is even tough a good controlling formation it isn't very offensive.

So return back to 4-2-3-1 it is

• The title was changed to Other Matches - Thursday 26th December, 2019
  • The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

New manager, same Arsenal. January isn’t a great time to get rid of deadwood but that squad needs a clear out ASAP.

Sounded like they had more intensity about them but Bournemouth just better so far.

I love Lampard, but that may be the worst team management I've ever seen. I'm genuinely serious. 

Everyone and their dog knew how Saints would set up, and yet here we are playing 5 defenders and Kante against them. We specifically appointed Lampard to steer away from this level of cowardice, to which he said after the Spurs match we only went 5 at the back to counter their tactics. 

A great victory against Spurs about to be thrown away due to incompetency from Lampard again. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I love Lampard, but that may be the worst team management I've ever seen. I'm genuinely serious. 

Everyone and their dog knew how Saints would set up, and yet here we are playing 5 defenders and Kante against them. We specifically appointed Lampard to steer away from this level of cowardice, to which he said after the Spurs match we only went 5 at the back to counter their tactics. 

A great victory against Spurs about to be thrown away due to incompetency from Lampard again. 

Apart from the Spurs bit it sounds exactly like what Puel did with us. Set up really defensively at home (with us it was 4 defenders with 2 DMs) and not take the game to sides like that. Instead sitting back and not getting forward quick enough because of the defensive mindset of the team.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apart from the Spurs bit it sounds exactly like what Puel did with us. Set up really defensively at home (with us it was 4 defenders with 2 DMs) and not take the game to sides like that. Instead sitting back and not getting forward quick enough because of the defensive mindset of the team.

It's this level of cowardice that had Conte sacked. Except this is worse given Conte actually utilised progressive wing backs. Lampard is utilising two who offer nothing in the final third. 

This is actually a level of madness behind this thought process. If Mount and Pulisic both don't start the 2nd half, this game is lost and only one person is to blame. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived