talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Relegation Battle 2019/20

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

As I said in the summer. They're just a Fulham that have signed shitter players.

Such a lazy comparison. Our side last year was built of loan players and several 30 somethings who’s contracts expired at the end of the season. We lost 10 players we had to buy a new team. 

Whats happened is Smith has abandoned his principles and the result is no style of play or cohesiveness. McGinn and Mings are also big misses they dragged the team through at times last year

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Such a lazy comparison. Our side last year was built of loan players and several 30 somethings who’s contracts expired at the end of the season. We lost 10 players we had to buy a new team. 

Whats happened is Smith has abandoned his principles and the result is no style of play or cohesiveness. McGinn and Mings are also big misses they dragged the team through at times last year

It's anything but a lazy comparison. Both teams needed to invest and you signed players of a far lesser quality. Fulham got Mitrovic, you got Wesley. Stop being salty.

Steve Bruce says hi.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wasn’t the case 5-6 games ago, I think he’s lost them. He needs to go now

I agree it wasn't but there've been concerning sides with you all season. Never quite got over your loss at Arsenal. Thought that was an appalling result and worrying.

You've collapsed against ten men again yesterday.

Losing McGinn is unlucky but given the money you've spent you've been poor really. I'm looking at it and wondering more and more where that money actually went.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I agree it wasn't but there've been concerning sides with you all season. Never quite got over your loss at Arsenal. Thought that was an appalling result and worrying.

You've collapsed against ten men again yesterday.

Losing McGinn is unlucky but given the money you've spent you've been poor really. I'm looking at it and wondering more and more where that money actually went.

It’s moneyball again good individual players but that doesn’t always make a team. Same happened when we went down in 15/16 decent young players but not an actual team. We had Gueye,  Jordon Ayew, Vertout, Amarvi, and Adama traore in that team. 

Fucking hate the club didn’t sleep at all last night, stressing about it again. We were so high 6 months ago and now it’s like we’ve been kicked in the bollocks again. Just so fucking frustrating. 

• Subscriber

Quite amazing how Watford seemed like everything was against them and now they've had four matches with just one draw and three wins. I think they'll claw their way out of relegation and find themselves safe by around the end of March. Their fixture list is also quite okay to see them get a few results their way as well. 

It's rare to drop into the bottom 3 with more points than the number of games played.

I use that as a metric to assert how long we have before potentially being in the relegation zone.  

It's 4 games for us. Here's our next 4

Wolves (a)

Chelsea (h)

Everton (a)

Norwich (h)

I think that Norwich game is in serious risk of being a massive 6 pointer for us. We need to pull a win out of the bag before that really.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Quite amazing how Watford seemed like everything was against them and now they've had four matches with just one draw and three wins. I think they'll claw their way out of relegation and find themselves safe by around the end of March. Their fixture list is also quite okay to see them get a few results their way as well. 

Amazing what a new manager can do. I'm a bit biased towards Pearson but he seems to be a perfect fit and exactly what they needed to arrest their slump they were in. Someone organised and someone who won't take shit at all from any under-performers or big egos. 

Deeney has even said he's been treated like a man for the first time in ages since Pearson arrived. 

4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah they've already been to the top three away now too. Their next three away games all against sides in the current bottom 7. So three potential 6-pointers. Their next two homes against two sides who are poor away from home in Tottenham and Everton and won't fancy going there despite their recent managerial changes

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah they've already been to the top three away now too. Their next three away games all against sides in the current bottom 7. So three potential 6-pointers. Their next two homes against two sides who are poor away from home in Tottenham and Everton and won't fancy going there despite their recent managerial changes

I quite fancy them to get something against Spurs just because of how disjointed Spurs are right now. 

• Subscriber

Watford will be fine. They should never have been that low down in the first place. Obviously there's a way to go yet but they look like they could survive with ease. They're scoring goals at last.

My three to go now would be Norwich, Villa and Newcastle.

A comfortable survival is all on the fitness of Maxi and Carroll for us I think. We aren't likely to win games without one or the other.

We have a lot out injured right now. Ritchie has been out for ages. Clark one of our best players this season is out. Lascelles is out, Dummett is out. Now potentially Schar and Shelvey.

Everything can and does turn in just 2 or 3 weeks when you are bottom half. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wesley is out for the season with CL damage. Why Ben Mee and those bunch of cunts at Turf Moor carry on like this in 2019 I don’t know. Fucked Gomez for Liverpool 18 months ago with challenges like this. 

We will now have to buy a striker

58AFF5F6-2FBB-420E-9648-54B5DABDA049.jpeg

It's a horrible injury. From that still it looks absolutely horrendous. 

I might remind you that Targett made a horrible challenge on Pereira less than a month ago - no injury suffered but could have been equally as bad, could have broken his leg. I don't remember you saying much at the time.

(*not downplaying the Mee tackle).

https://streamable.com/5o35h

2 hours ago, Stan said:

It's a horrible injury. From that still it looks absolutely horrendous. 

I might remind you that Targett made a horrible challenge on Pereira less than a month ago - no injury suffered but could have been equally as bad, could have broken his leg. I don't remember you saying much at the time.

(*not downplaying the Mee tackle).

https://streamable.com/5o35h

Bit different from a scissor tackle, a two footed tackle or scissor tackle is a straight red because it deliberately endangers an opponent. As has been shown here, he’s done it twice and fucked 2 players badly from in. Either he’s a bit of a thug or he’s shit. 

Targett was if I remember a sliding one footed challenge that was late so he caught your man just about the ankle, as he played the ball, it looked nasty and is arguably a red or but definitely a yellow (he was booked) but always looks bad at speed. 

Think you’re oTT comparing the two, one was arguably acceptable but is a foul because it’s late. One is actively pushed out the game by warranting a straight red. 

He didn’t get a card so I’d be surprised if the FA don’t look at it tbh

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Bit different from a scissor tackle, a two footed tackle or scissor tackle is a straight red because it deliberately endangers an opponent. As has been shown here, he’s done it twice and fucked 2 players badly from in. Ever he’s a bit of a thug or he’s shit. 

Targett was if I remember a sliding one footed challenge that was late so he caught your man just about the ankle, as he played the ball, it looked nasty and is arguably a red or but definitely a yellow (he was booked) but always looks bad at speed. 

Think you’re oTT comparing the two, one was arguably acceptable but is a foul because it’s late. One is actively pushed out the game by warranting a straight red. 

He didn’t get a card so I’d be surprised if the FA don’t look at it tbh

Yeah I'm surprised Mee didn't get booked but for me they're both reds.

Targett caught Pereira shin/calf height, on the side, studs up.

image.png

Both are just as bad - the only difference is Pereira, thankfully, escaped injury-free. Very unfortunate Wesley's leg was tangled up in the force of Mee's tackle and suffered what he did. Mee's is very forceful. Gets the ball but also crunches the player.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Wesley is out for the season with CL damage. Why Ben Mee and those bunch of cunts at Turf Moor carry on like this in 2019 I don’t know. Fucked Gomez for Liverpool 18 months ago with challenges like this. 

We will now have to buy a striker

58AFF5F6-2FBB-420E-9648-54B5DABDA049.jpeg

God what a horrible image.

32 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah I'm surprised Mee didn't get booked but for me they're both reds.

Targett caught Pereira shin/calf height, on the side, studs up.

image.png

Both are just as bad - the only difference is Pereira, thankfully, escaped injury-free. Very unfortunate Wesley's leg was tangled up in the force of Mee's tackle and suffered what he did. Mee's is very forceful. Gets the ball but also crunches the player.

That’s the one in the picture, targett is late so you could argue a red. But it’s one footed so it’s more of a badly timed attempt to play the ball which he misses and catches him, you can see the other leg is there behind.its a shit tackle but it’s not malicious. 

Anyway Wesley is out for 9 months all because he was making Mee look a cunt. We now have no fit striker except Kodjia who is shit and off in the summer. 

Heaton also looks to have done his CL and is out for the season, we can’t spend big because of FFP otherwise I’d have said another 4-5 in. Think it will be 2-3 in loans now. Absolutely fucked 

• Subscriber

Villa likely to drop in 20th for me now. I do think they've been quite unlucky mind you especially with these injuries.

Still even despite this you've got to ask where that money's gone.

On 02/01/2020 at 11:48, Fairy In Boots said:

That’s the one in the picture, targett is late so you could argue a red. But it’s one footed so it’s more of a badly timed attempt to play the ball which he misses and catches him, you can see the other leg is there behind.its a shit tackle but it’s not malicious. 

Anyway Wesley is out for 9 months all because he was making Mee look a cunt. We now have no fit striker except Kodjia who is shit and off in the summer. 

Heaton also looks to have done his CL and is out for the season, we can’t spend big because of FFP otherwise I’d have said another 4-5 in. Think it will be 2-3 in loans now. Absolutely fucked 

Ben Mee is a really dirty player. Utter savage tbh, make him look bad once or twice and he’s out to hurt you

Archived