talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Relegation Battle 2019/20

On 03/01/2020 at 23:39, Dan said:

Villa likely to drop in 20th for me now. I do think they've been quite unlucky mind you especially with these injuries.

Still even despite this you've got to ask where that money's gone.

Lol £22 was Wedley now fucked. 

£8m Heaton now fucked. 

£14m Targett should be back for City

£20m Mings 

£15m Douglas Luiz

£8m Trézéguet 

£8m El Ghazi

£10m Nakamba 

£7m Engles

£12m Konsa

£4m Hause

£4m Jota

We won’t finish 20th we had shit luck with bad injuries and continuously fucked by VAR. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Lol £22 was Wedley now fucked. 

£8m Heaton now fucked. 

£14m Targett should be back for City

£20m Mings 

£15m Douglas Luiz

£8m Trézéguet 

£8m El Ghazi

£10m Nakamba 

£7m Engles

£12m Konsa

£4m Hause

£4m Jota

We won’t finish 20th we had shit luck with bad injuries and continuously fucked by VAR. 

Getting knocked out of the FA cup might be a blessing in disguise tbh. Injuries and referee incompetence have made this a real struggle for you - less matches to worry about so the squad can focus on the slog ahead might be a good thing.

Beginning of the season I was pretty impressed with Villa. But now obviously the seasons not panned out great so far.

Some might argue cup runs can give momentum, but I say fuck that when you need to focus it’s better to keep your eyes on the prize 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Norwich are the only team I'd confidently say are buried. Bournemouth are still likely for me but we'll have to see if they can build on last night's win. 

The other teams that don't have much about them but know how to grind out results are at major risk for me as well - Brighton and Burnley mostly. Newcastle have probably accrued too many points already to fall into this category, but in the absence of any properly hopeless sides this season, we could see teams going down even if they hit the 40 point mark.

West Ham will probably be okay. Aston Villa look grim but I hope they stay up.

• Administrator

West Ham's next 4 league games:

Liverpool (h)
Brighton (h)
Man City (a)
Liverpool (a)

Think it was a couple of seasons ago they had a terrible run of fixtures against top 6 sides and they came out of it with a decent amount of points.

Somehow can't see that happening again. 

Ergo, they're fucked.

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

West Ham's next 4 league games:

Liverpool (h)
Brighton (h)
Man City (a)
Liverpool (a)

Think it was a couple of seasons ago they had a terrible run of fixtures against top 6 sides and they came out of it with a decent amount of points.

Somehow can't see that happening again. 

Ergo, they're fucked.

If we can play a part in relegating West Ham & David Moyes, we'll be doing a real service for English football.

• Subscriber

If there's a god West Ham will go down this season. Get that absolute pile of shit stadium out of the league.

Fed up of Bournemouth too. They're a nothing side really. Bomb out the cups in pathetic fashion each year to just float around 12th. Absolutely miles away. Shit allocation. We always do crap there.

No doubt they both survive.

• Administrator

Think West Ham are royally fucked. When I posted their fixtures above I didn't realise the next ones that followed after Man City & Liverpool... 

Southampton, Arsenal, Wolves, Spurs and Chelsea. 

Ouch. 

I think they'll be fucked before the last 4 - Norwich, Man Utd, Watford and Villa. I don't think they have the strength in mentality to get through those batches of fixtures. 

Archived