The better place to talk football.

Hwang Hee-Chan - Signs for RB Leipzig

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I suppose RBS think that they are going to get raided at the rate things are moving so its better to start hiking the prices and find other prospects?

To be fair that's been their business model for quite a while. Losing their key players is a blow but they already have other talented youngsters who are expected to be the next ones to make the breakthrough.

This time they are in a bit worse position as they only have a two point lead in the domestic league and with LASK being on fire this season they might snatch the title and the CL Play Off spot from Red Bull if they struggle to replace Haaland, Minamino and eventually Hwang. It does seem they intend to keep him until the summer though.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

To be fair that's been their business model for quite a while. Losing their key players is a blow but they already have other talented youngsters who are expected to be the next ones to make the breakthrough.

This time they are in a bit worse position as they only have a two point lead in the domestic league and with LASK being on fire this season they might snatch the title and the CL Play Off spot from Red Bull if they struggle to replace Haaland, Minamino and eventually Hwang. It does seem they intend to keep him until the summer though.

I'm not surprised they've been using the business model. Look at the average age of those players and the potential to get money from their transfers. I do agree that we got a really good deal on Minamino and I believe it was you who said he just started getting good this season and I fully expect him to do well for us. Still, its a terrible model for club growth but I suppose if you're rocking that league every year you don't really have to worry about winning anything domestically.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I'm not surprised they've been using the business model. Look at the average age of those players and the potential to get money from their transfers. I do agree that we got a really good deal on Minamino and I believe it was you who said he just started getting good this season and I fully expect him to do well for us. Still, its a terrible model for club growth but I suppose if you're rocking that league every year you don't really have to worry about winning anything domestically.

Yeah Minamino started to be consistently good in the last few months; before that he was more of a sort of a super-sub and struggled to become a first team regular although his talent was always obvious - it just seemed he stagnated somewhat and wasn't living up to his potential. It seems everything just clicked this season finally and his form exploded.

I think it's the only realistic business model in a league like Austria to be honest; other clubs also rely on selling their key players and replacing them with new potential talents most of the time but Red Bull are taking it to a completely new level for sure. Watch out for the new batch of players like Daka, Okugawa, Koita, Bernede to get their chance in the first team now who will be expected to replace the departed key players. Not to mention a whole bunch of loaned out players; some (Berisha, Niangbo) have already returned to the club and will try to make a breakthrough; there will also be new signings in summer I presume. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Vader said:

This implies that they are looking to replace Raul Jimenez, I think.

Jimenez just signed a new contract?

More likely to replace Cutrone who just moved back to Italy to Fiorentina and keep Wolves' depth in tact for the second half of the season. 

• Subscriber

Wolves fans are getting a bit funny about their lack of business in general, said they were poor for recruitment in the summer and that selling Cutrone is madness, and that they're genuinely worried failure to recruit well this month could see Nuno walk.

• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Hwang Hee-Chan - On The Way To RB Leipzig
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Set to join RB Leipzig for 10m, reportedly. 

I think thats good in the end really. I think Wolves may been in the race but they've stepped back now and I like him as a player especially when they had the attack power to compliment his style of play. 

13 hours ago, nudge said:

Set to join RB Leipzig for 10m, reportedly. 

That's a relatively low transfer fee, given his reputation. Or are you going to say that 10m is a lot of money again, like you said it was for Pograncic! :ph34r:xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's a relatively low transfer fee, given his reputation. Or are you going to say that 10m is a lot of money again, like you said it was for Pograncic! :ph34r:xD

Well, you can't really compare them, can you? It's ridiculous that key players like Minamino and Hwang end up costing the same or even less than a fourth choice CB with injury problems and disciplinary issues, despite all his potential talent (which is yet to be proven). Modern football just doesn't make sense to me 🤷‍♀️

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well, you can't really compare them, can you? It's ridiculous that key players like Minamino and Hwang end up costing the same or even less than a fourth choice CB with injury problems and disciplinary issues, despite all his potential talent (which is yet to be proven). Modern football just doesn't make sense to me 🤷‍♀️

Yes, a lot of players are sold below their actual footballing value. However, Hwang does only have 1 year left on his contract at Salzburg, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. 

What I do find though, is that certain players from certain countries are regularly undervalued. East Asian players are a case in point. If Hwang was English, French, Brazilian or German, I am sure that he would be valued at a much higher transfer price.

18 hours ago, nudge said:

According to Sky, it's a done deal. 15m transfer fee + 3m in potential bonuses. 

https://sport.sky.de/fussball/artikel/rb-leipzig-transfer-news-hee-chan-hwang-unterschreibt-bei-rb/12018026/34252

Not a bad deal for RB Leipzig and yet another player transaction between these two Red Bull clubs. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Hwang sold on by Leipzig for a huge profit in the future.

• The title was changed to Hwang Hee-Chan - Signs for RB Leipzig

Archived