Arsenal vs Man Utd, 20.00

Thursday 2nd January, 2020
Liverpool vs Sheff Utd, 20.00

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We've really got to be winning this. Our gamble at West Ham paid off and our team should be relatively fresh for this game, Newcastle also seem to have lost some form of late, could coincide with losing Saint-Maximin, but there's an argument really that the number of goals their defenders were getting was just never going to be sustained anyway. The majority of things I've read from Newcastle fans are that they've been rubbish but strangely keep getting the results.

I actually think we'll win this really comfortably. Setting myself up for a fall here but I can see us hitting a few. We seem to really turn up at Newcastle as well after it historically being a ground we struggled at, you have to go back to October 2014 for the last time we didn't win there.

I've gone 0-2 on predictions but I might even say more than that. Think we've caught them at a good time.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

We've really got to be winning this. Our gamble at West Ham paid off and our team should be relatively fresh for this game, Newcastle also seem to have lost some form of late, could coincide with losing Saint-Maximin, but there's an argument really that the number of goals their defenders were getting was just never going to be sustained anyway. The majority of things I've read from Newcastle fans are that they've been rubbish but strangely keep getting the results.

I actually think we'll win this really comfortably. Setting myself up for a fall here but I can see us hitting a few. We seem to really turn up at Newcastle as well after it historically being a ground we struggled at, you have to go back to October 2014 for the last time we didn't win there.

I've gone 0-2 on predictions but I might even say more than that. Think we've caught them at a good time.

We've also lost Clark and Dummett recently. The defence has taken a turn for the worse last 2 games. The attacking against Everton, although lacking in goals was actually far better than in the games we won recently. 

Fernandez and Lejuene have no pace. Having the pair of them in the side is risky. 1 is ok, 2 is a gamble.

Andy Carroll is the heart of our team now. Most goals are coming through him. He won more aerial duels on Saturday than anyone since Opta began recording stats. 

Having lost 3 of the last 4 I expect a point, a reaction at least. When you look at our fixtures we could easily go on a horrid run if not careful.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Really want to beat Arsenal for the sake of Piers Morgan, he raved on for tears to get rid of Wenger as he was past his sell-by date and Arsenal are no better off and they were when Wenger left. 

A crying shame you could say 

• Subscriber

Think we'll get a proper fight in our game. The Blades are a good side and I fully expect them to cause us problems. We'll win because its a home game and we're unbeatable at Anfield but this is going to be a good and fast game. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Any chance of Minamino making the bench here? Be nice but very unlikely I know. 

Reckon we win 1-2 

No he can't play until the FA Cup game

"New players signed on 1-2 January will not be eligible for Matchweek 21.

"But they can be made available for the following Matchweeks as clubs are permitted to make changes to their squad lists throughout the January window."

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Harvsky said:

Reckon Andy Carroll will get his first of the season today. 11/1 to score a header. Just stuck a fiver on that. Watch him not start now xD

We like to oblige to players that haven't scored in ages.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived