talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2019/20 - 1-4th January, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Went to Harlow Town v Staines Town in the Bostik League South Central Division this afternoon. 9th v 18th in the eighth tier of English Football four days into a new year along with 217 others who probably, like me, are thinking about what they could have done with that few hours of their life. 1-0 Harlow in what was otherwise a 0-0 of a game. 

Still, a nice reminder that you can get change from a £20 note for a game of football, a burger and a can of coke. 

I went to Stortford, drew 2-2, two lovely Cureton goals - you picked the wrong one

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/01/2020 at 22:13, Danny said:

It's hands down the best team we've had, better than the the side we had under Warburton and quite considerably tbh. We normally push on pretty well in the second half of the season and I expect us to get better, especially with the reinforcements we have coming in too.

Thomas Frank has allowed us to keep our free flowing attacking style whilst also incorporating a solid defensive attitude, "minds and bodies" as it were and placed as much importance on a clean sheet as scoring goals. We've not had this level of defensive discipline in recent years and if we are to go up at any point then it will be this season.

Fair play, think you're the best team I've seen at the Gate so far this season. Got some outrageously good players for this level.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived