talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

When Will Tottenham Next Win A Trophy?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way they played, they deserved an FA cup atleast but unfortunately thats not how football works. I dont see them winning the league next season as Utd, City will be much more stronger. they can go on another decent run but dont see them winning anything anytime soon. I have a feeling they might actually lose some of their key players this summer or the next one

I feel for them, with there concerning away form, there concerning Wembley form, and the longevity of Managers in the modern game they may have blown there best chance. They'll have a battle keeping Alli and Erikson as trophyless years continue and they'll struggle to attract the worlds elite players that United, City and Chelsea can. I think it's a shame this team have won nothing as it's a great team at the moment.

5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

After a year at Wembley they will develop an advantage and comfort there which could see them win something within the next 2 years.

Apparently the FA are looking into playing FA Cup Finals in Cardiff again. :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Such an awful topic.

We've bottled nothing at all. 50 points from the last 60, 9 wins in a row before tonight. We are the only ones who have been able to keep Chelsea honest. We have paid the price for a slow start but can hold our heads high, this has been a very good season and we've exceeded all expectations. Proud of the lads and hope they keep pressing on.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Hopefully soon, I don't like when Storts pulls a Houdini act whenever they bottle it. 

xD to be fair to him his post after they drew at home to WBA last year was superb.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Storts said:

Such an awful topic.

We've bottled nothing at all. 50 points from the last 60, 9 wins in a row before tonight. We are the only ones who have been able to keep Chelsea honest. We have paid the price for a slow start but can hold our heads high, this has been a very good season and we've exceeded all expectations. Proud of the lads and hope they keep pressing on.

Just a simple question really. 

This will be the first time in about 865 years that Spurs have finished above Arsenal but Arsenal are still getting to finals and winning trophies, despite how they've stagnated. Spurs haven't even had a chance to win a charity shield since about 1805. 

Long long way to go for Spurs yet. 

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Such an awful topic.

Exceeded all expectations? What like winning nothing and being embarrassing in Europe? 

If only they handed out '9 wins in a row before tonight' trophies 🏆 

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Such an awful topic.

Agreed. With Pep and Jose entering this year i dont think many saw spurs securing even top 4 as all that likely let alone the second place they are looking at. 

That said its important for their summer recruitment prospects and their confidence leading into future campaigns that they finish strong and don't let the bottom drop out the way they did last time round. 

I think spurs have done well enough in the past 3 years now that as long as poch is there they wont be in danger of losing any of their best players to other premier league sides. 

That's nothing to sneeze at. 

It's just the usual European suspects to worry about. 

They're an outstanding side who are getting better year after year, if they keep up their current progression it's only a matter of time.

They're the real deal and have a very good manager.

Look, Spurs are very good and are moving in the right direction but I'll take a bet with anyone for any amount that Spurs don't win anything within the next 5 years. 

Chelsea, United and City will strengthen significantly more than anyone else this summer and for the foreseeable future and it will be them who are fighting for the title. Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs will be fighting to break into the top four with the odd surge now and again. 

52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Look, Spurs are very good and are moving in the right direction but I'll take a bet with anyone for any amount that Spurs don't win anything within the next 5 years. 

Chelsea, United and City will strengthen significantly more than anyone else this summer and for the foreseeable future and it will be them who are fighting for the title. Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs will be fighting to break into the top four with the odd surge now and again. 

As much as I admire what Spurs have done in last 2 years I have to agree with this.

A year ago basically all the traditional top teams had awful league seasons. This year City, Arsenal and United are all seriously underperforming. 

Although almost all of Spurs players have a lot of room for gradual improvement, the clubs just below them are going to overhaul their teams and so the competition might take a sudden leap.

Archived