• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

When Will Tottenham Next Win A Trophy?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Looks like Spurs league performance is rattling Liverpool fans :ph34r:

Nah they've always been consistent. They finished above us last year but we got to a domestic cup final and a European cup final. Give me that any day :coffee:

Last seasons Europa League semi final win at Anfield. What a game, what an atmosphere. When was the last time White Hart Lane witnessed a night like that? In fact, when was the last time White Hart Lane witnessed a match of any significance at all?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nah they've always been consistent. They finished above us last year but we got to a domestic cup final and a European cup final. Give me that any day :coffee:

Yeah, losing finals is such an achievement.  

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, losing finals is such an achievement.  

Getting to finals and losing is better than never experiencing anything at all. Have you ever experienced any match of any significance? Spurs are like the steady Eddie of football. Plod along at a decent level but never achieve anything. 

Liverpool are very up and down. We are either really shit or we produce something magical. Give me that over steady Eddie everyday. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Getting to finals and losing is better than never experiencing anything at all. Have you ever experienced any match of any significance? Spurs are like the steady Eddie of football. Plod along at a decent level but never achieve anything. 

No it isn't xD I've seen us lose finals before, it means absolutely nothing. 

Not like you actually attend them anyway though - what's the point?

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not like you actually attend them anyway though - what's the point?

Oh here we go xD

i haven't been to a Liverpool game since half way through last season but so what? 

I now live and work in Yorkshire and my shift patterns are bizzare so when I do get a weekend off I like to spend it with my family and friends. 

Is that ok with you? 

26 minutes ago, Storts said:

Spurs never get close to winning anything. It must be depressing. 

https://sport.bt.com/video/highlights-liverpool-4-3-borussia-dortmund-91364052035025

Spurs never witness nights like this, they just don't! 

Dont get me wrong, your league form has been impressive and you currently sit 8 points above us. But let's take the 2 games between us in isolation. We absolutely wiped the floor with your lot at Anfield and you were very lucky to get a point at your place. 

Theres really not that bigger gap between us. The only saving grace for me is that we produce magical moments from time to time whereas Spurs just sit there with their pipe and slippers. 

You can take someone around Anfield and show them the history, the bootroom and the silverware. The only thing Spurs can boast is Gareth Bale being on the cover of FIFA 14

14 hours ago, Storts said:

Such an awful topic.

We've bottled nothing at all. 50 points from the last 60, 9 wins in a row before tonight. We are the only ones who have been able to keep Chelsea honest. We have paid the price for a slow start but can hold our heads high, this has been a very good season and we've exceeded all expectations. Proud of the lads and hope they keep pressing on.

I wouldn't say you've bottled anything, I'd  say this may have been your best opportunity to win something, but nobody can say you've bottled it when you carried on whilst City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United couldn't.

Unless of course they're a fan of one of those clubs and they're bitter.

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I wouldn't say you've bottled anything, I'd  say this may have been your best opportunity to win something, but nobody can say you've bottled it when you carried on whilst City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United couldn't.

Unless of course they're a fan of one of those clubs and they're bitter.

Nobody, and I mean nobody has said Spurs have bottled it or that they aren't a very good consistent team. 

The topic is related to when Spurs will next win a trophy and let's be honest, it's as far away as it's always been because they don't do winning trophies, they just consistently do ok in the league. 

How can anyone be bitter about Spurs never winning anything? If they finish second and we finish 4th then I'll not give a fuck because ultimately we will both have qualified for the CL and won nothing.

If we had done what Tottenham did this season, the narrative would've been that it's nothing and been pointless. I know this because we came 2nd last year and did better than failing to get out of a Champions' League group we were expected to win and weren't dumped out of the Europa League by a team we were expected to mop the floor with.

To be honest I thought the same about Liverpool when Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were there under Rodgers. It all takes a couple of good players to leave and they collapse, I can see it happening very soon and eventually Pochettino leaving for a bigger club to actually win something. 

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

If we had done what Tottenham did this season, the narrative would've been that it's nothing and been pointless. I know this because we came 2nd last year and did better than failing to get out of a Champions' League group we were expected to win and weren't dumped out of the Europa League by a team we were expected to mop the floor with.

to be fair Arsenal have bigger stars overall mate, they should be doing a lot better. But the spurs as a team are wonderful and are clicking very well at the moment despite not having any stars or big transfers

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

Well.... you have finished above them for two decades...

• Subscriber

They should win one soon if they're as good as everyone in the media currently likes to suggest, and I think they are.

Another year or two of just finishing in the top 4 and not winning anything will see their best players move on though and while Tottenham have done well at carrying on forward momentum despite losing key players in the past it's difficult to maintain that. 

You lot need to actually read the article. 

Completely out of context yet again but no surprise. Conte isn't Mourinho. “I think the difference between Chelsea and Tottenham is this: if you stay in Chelsea and win it's normal. If you stay in Tottenham, if you win it's great, great, but if you lose… it's not a disaster, no? Not a disaster,” the Chelsea manager said, adding: “Because you find a lot of situations to explain a good season. But, I repeat, in this season, us and Tottenham stay in the same level. Chelsea were underdogs at the start of the season, but now we are top and we want to keep this position.”

Completely taken out of context but hardly surprising. Conte isn't Mourinho. 

12 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Not out of context at all 😂

Does it? I fail to find anywhere in that article him undermining Spurs as a football club in comparison with us. Can't see anything wrong with what he actually said. 

I don't think it'll be too far away. I'd say either next season or the season after they will win silverware, I'm not sure if that will be the league or not, but they will win at least an FA Cup. They're looking great, improving even further, they pushed Chelsea for the league title this season....but the reason I say I'm not sure if that trophy will be the league is because I believe that over the next couple seasons, Manchester City will get much better under Guardiola. 

Archived