talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019 Newcomer of the Year

football forum

• Administrator

In reality there were always only 2 competitors for this award, such was the lack of newcomers who made such an impression!

It was between @Pyfish and @Michael - I can honestly say both of you have been superb in your contributions and making an effort to integrate and engage with the rest of the forum.

The winner, by a landslide of 19 votes to 5, though, is @Pyfish :D 

Live reactions from our winner:

giphy.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Thanks everyone :)

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Congratulations to Pyfish, he's contributed a lot to this forum and he's a deserved winner.

Happy New Year to all members!

Thanks mate! You've been a great addition too!

On 03/01/2020 at 06:07, Pyfish said:

Doesn't feel like I've only been around here less than a year!

Yeah, it feels like you've been on here for ages.

Which is pretty good proof that you're a well worthy newcomer of the year, to come in and fit in so well right from the off.

Just now, Berserker said:

Can't be possible, Luke joined the old forum quite a few years earlier than you.

Nope, I was on the old forums for a long time mate...over 10 years if my memory serves me correctly. 

9 hours ago, Berserker said:

I'm sure of it, you joined after me and i joined in 2010, Luke joined either in 2007 or 2008.

I'm telling you, I joined in college, and I graduated in 2008. 

3 hours ago, Eco said:

I'm telling you, I joined in college, and I graduated in 2008. 

Think we were both wrong mate, think Luke may have also joined in 2010 or perhaps 2009 but i'm sure you joined after me,  perhaps you joined when you're saying but you took a big hiatus and then you forgot your account and had to create a new one, but the account that you finished the old forum with was created after mine, more than likely in 2011. I remember when i joined the only active yanks were Thomas Ryan and Olive who had joined with months of difference to me. Willing to bet a 1 month name change. :D

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Think we were both wrong mate, think Luke may have also joined in 2010 or perhaps 2009 but i'm sure you joined after me,  perhaps you joined when you're saying but you took a big hiatus and then you forgot your account and had to create a new one, but the account that you finished the old forum with was created after mine, more than likely in 2011. I remember when i joined the only active yanks were Thomas Ryan and Olive who had joined with months of difference to me. Willing to bet a 1 month name change. :D

Okay - this is quite tedious, but I had joined, and remember it SO well because of his username being my actual name. I'm sure I took a hiatus, as I was on 3-4 forums at the time while also in college, all before living in Russia for a couple of years and then in China for a couple more. 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Okay - this is quite tedious, but I had joined, and remember it SO well because of his username being my actual name. I'm sure I took a hiatus, as I was on 3-4 forums at the time while also in college, all before living in Russia for a couple of years and then in China for a couple more. 

Wasn't your nickname Dr.Persell when you first signed up? In that case you joined on March 6th, 2010.

careefreeluke joined on January 5th, 2008.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wasn't your nickname Dr.Persell when you first signed up? In that case you joined on March 6th, 2010.

I was sure (still am lol) he joined after me.I joined in Nov 2010. How do you have the exact date anyway Inga? :o

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm not sure what it was, but I do remember being in college, which for me was between 2004-2008. 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I was sure (still am lol) he joined after me.I joined in Nov 2010. How do you have the exact date anyway Inga? :o

Indeed. 

Eco re-joined again on October 11th, 2011 so that's probably why you think he joined after you! 

IMG_20200107_200043.jpg

Archived