FA Cup Third Round Matches - 4-6th January, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Saturday 4th January, 2020
Birmingham vs Blackburn, 12.31
Bristol City vs Shrewsbury, 12.31
Burnley vs Peterborough, 12.31
Millwall vs Newport, 12.31
Rochdale vs Newcastle, 12.31 (Live on BT SPORT)

Brentford vs Stoke, 15.01
Brighton vs Sheff Weds, 15.01
Cardiff vs Carlisle, 15.01
Fulham vs Aston Villa, 15.01
Oxford vs Hartlepool, 15.01
Preston vs Norwich, 15.01
Reading vs Blackpool, 15.01
Southampton vs Huddersfield, 15.01
Watford vs Tranmere, 15.01

Bournemouth vs Luton, 17.31
Fleetwood vs Portsmouth, 17.31
Leicester vs Wigan, 17.31
Man City vs Port Vale, 17.31
Wolves vs Man Utd, 17.31 (Live on BT SPORT)

Sunday 5th January, 2020
(all 14.01 unless stated)
Bristol Rovers vs Coventry
Burton vs Northampton
Charlton vs West Brom
Chelsea vs Nottm Forest
Crewe vs Barnsley
Crystal Palace vs Derby
Gillingham vs West Ham, 18.16 (Live on BT SPORT)
Liverpool vs Everton, 16.01 (Live on BBC One)
Middlesbrough vs Tottenham (Live on BT SPORT)
QPR vs Swansea
Sheff Utd vs AFC Fylde

Monday 6th January, 2020
Arsenal vs Leeds, 19.56 (Live on BBC One)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortuantely, Ancelotti has a good record against us. Hopefully Everton's record at Anfield outweighs that and they continue to bottle it against us.

Looking forward to seeing Minamino play for us though.

But I'm still seriously annoyed we got a derby for this & Man City get Port Vale visiting them.

Really not sure what sort of side it'll be for us. The injuries mean there's not much room for rotation unless it's kids coming in. Adrian in goal you'd imagine. I think the full backs are likely rested. Milner at LB, possibly Hoever/Williams at RB? Wouldn't expect him to play two kids at CB, maybe one of them alongside VVD or Gomez. Midfield- no idea. Jones and Lallana probably start with one other. Shame Shaqiri probably won't be fit because he'd make the eleven. Origi and Minamino with one of the usual front three maybe. Or Minamino deeper with Elliott in the front three. Fuck knows haha

Sheffield United to make eleven changes against Fylde, who are 16/1 on SkyBet, for anyone whose interested.

Got no problem with teams resting players. I mean, as a Football fan, I’m not and I’d love to see everyone put out their strongest XI but when you consider that the Fylde game will be Sheffield United’s fifth game in fifteen days, you can’t blame them or anyone else in the Premier League for doing this. 

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Dan said:

We'll change loads and still win comfortably, is my prediction.

3-0.

Yeah bound to change loads with a much more important game on Wednesday against Villa.

Ward

Justin - Morgan - Evans - Fuchs

Choudhury

Praet/Mendy - Tielemans

Albrighton/Gray - Iheanacho - Barnes

Barnes (especially) and Tielemans need to improve their form and confidence so this is a good game to let them do that. Would like Praet to play but he's been ill so I'd expect to see Mendy in if he doesn't play.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

We will use the new kit for the 50th anniversary of winning the first Fa Cup on Sunday.

@Lucas should enjoy it the most :ph34r:

It'a a compliment you guys felt the need to release a kit just for beating us :ph34r:

• Subscriber

I actually agree @Stan I'd play Tielemans. He's not had a good game since about early November. He's been the weak link. I do think he's that kind of player though, you need to carry him at times but he's got the ability to turn a game with one pass. I've not got any long term concerns about him although he does need to step it up a bit. I agree as well, give Barnes a game, in the middle as well, because he could do with that boost - still yet to score at home (as is the case for Perez, Gray and Albrighton this season which is ridiculous).

Benkovic in the squad tomorrow as well apparently. Vardy won't play.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

I actually agree @Stan I'd play Tielemans. He's not had a good game since about early November. He's been the weak link. I do think he's that kind of player though, you need to carry him at times but he's got the ability to turn a game with one pass. I've not got any long term concerns about him although he does need to step it up a bit. I agree as well, give Barnes a game, in the middle as well, because he could do with that boost - still yet to score at home (as is the case for Perez, Gray and Albrighton this season which is ridiculous).

Benkovic in the squad tomorrow as well apparently. Vardy won't play.

Yeah after seeing the Benkovic news I think he'll play with Morgan. Barnes centrally if we play with the diamond is a good shout. Perhaps Gray will start up front with Iheanacho. 

Klopp’s said he’s not going to pick his team based on it being Everton - so I suspect it’ll be a pretty weakened side.

The Anfield run could very well come to an end to Everton. But if it even gives us a 1% better chance of winning the league, it’s worth doing. The main players need a rest, the league and the CL are worth too much to risk a big injury now.

I’m all for playing the squad players and hoping for the best.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Klopp’s said he’s not going to pick his team based on it being Everton - so I suspect it’ll be a pretty weakened side.

The Anfield run could very well come to an end to Everton. But if it even gives us a 1% better chance of winning the league, it’s worth doing. The main players need a rest, the league and the CL are worth too much to risk a big injury now.

I’m all for playing the squad players and hoping for the best.

No problem with playing squad players, how many are there though? Think Klopp said we have about 13 fit players that aren't kids. It's playing a League Cup type team that I wouldn't find acceptable

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What's with the weird kick off times?

FA Heads Up campaign to get people to 'take a minute' to think about their mental health and mental wellbeing.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived