The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Third Round Matches - 4-6th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Five early kick offs I think but only one game on TV. So what was the point??

I would guess that they've split the games to make it at least more accessible to fans to watch/listen to their own game and also to others later/earlier in the day. And no doubt TV coverage around the world but I'm not sure who around the world, in large numbers, is seriously interested in the likes of Rotherham vs Hull or Millwall vs Newport...

Steve Bruce isn't doing a bad job really. I think Newcastle fans owe him an apology. Especially kitchensales or @Harvsky whatever he is called now.  In fact I think Steve Bruce should bend over an he should kiss his ass :ph34r:

• Administrator

Newcastle have pumped a lot of balls in to the box, mainly from the right but barely get anyone on the end of them. This game was perfect for Carroll with these kind of tactics. Not sure if he's on the bench though?

Rotherham went 1-0 down, equalised, went down to 10 men then took the lead against Hull.

Burnley winning 3-1 against Peterborough.

• Administrator

Finishes 1-1 in Rochdale. On that 2nd half improved performance, they deserved to win. 

Joelinton needs a kick up the arse and then some. That was shameful from him in the 2nd half.

Tactically outclassed during the game by Rochdale. There's no other way of putting it. Absolute disgrace. Things in danger of turning ugly. Boos very strong at the end, Joelinton becoming a bit of a target and symbol of the regime. It's not his fault that Rafa turned him down on the grounds that he wasn't worth the money being asked.

Also, injuries are often luck and coincidence. However you can't help but wonder... the club let the fitness coach go with Rafa in the summer and didn't replace him, citing that we have a gym so we don't need one. We now have a dozen players injured and they're dropping like flies. Is that a coincidence?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

the club let the fitness coach go with Rafa in the summer and didn't replace him, citing that we have a gym so we don't need one

xD wtf. For real?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived