talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Third Round Matches - 4-6th January, 2020

football forum

Everton are gonna go relatively strong you’d expect, so I don’t want to see the same back four that played Villa in the carabao cup. I know Klopp is in between a rock and a hard place but we can have those knobs doing us over at Anfield. Minamino, Lallana, Milner, Origi should all start at least. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Commentators letting slip that goal-line technology might not be working at Boro's stadium even thouhg they were told pre-match they were not to disclose it xD 

• Administrator

I still don't get the logic about VAR only being allowed at Premier League grounds but not others in this competition. It provides an imbalance and unfairness for both PL sides that play away at lower-league clubs. But also for some lower league clubs that play away at PL grounds and can benefit from it while others can't i.e. Tranmere away at Watford can benefit and Carlisle away at Cardiff can't. 

Should be a level playing field and if it's not possible to have at some grounds then it should not be used at others even though technology is there. At least in the Premier League every club has the accessibility to use it.

See how Hudson-Odoi is staying out wide. Too often in recent months especially at home we’ve had our forward attacking players looking to play in between the lines which causes for us too much congestion in the middle of the pitch. We look much better when someone like Hudson is staying out wide getting in one and one situations. Sarri utilised Hudson-Odoi in this way at the end of last season and it worked very well. It stretches the opposition and I hope it isn’t just being used for this game. 

Liverpool: Adrian, Milner, Gomez, Phillips, Williams, Lallana, Chirivella, Jones, Elliott, Minamino, Origi.

Subs: Kelleher, Mane, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Brewster, Hoever, Larouci

imagine if we beat them with thatxD

Just now, shut up said:

Why that much rotation?? players really tired or klopp doesnt care about the cup?

It's no more rotation than most PL sides will this weekend. A lot of our squad players are injured though. And yeah, the cup is well behind in terms of priorities compared to the league and European Cup

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Bit of a shame that Liverpool line up. Real chance of going for a treble and just giving it up. Even if they do get through, Klopp clearly doesn't regard it and they will be out sooner or later playing weak sides all the way through. 

To be fair, look at who’s injured for us. Lovren, Matip, Ox, Fabinho, Clyne, Keita & Shaqiri all injured, and most of them would have played on this game. It’s a bloody shame, I’d of like for us to be a lot stronger for this game but I also don’t wanna see us risking anything before Spurs. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived