• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Third Round Matches - 4-6th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Everton's players a disgrace. They're just taking this absolute humiliation.

Make no mistake this is every bit as bad as losing to a Crawley or a Swindon in my eyes. The manner of it.

• Subscriber

Everton's end has been absolutely crap as well by the way. 8,000 fans there and I've hardly heard them all game. There's just this ridiculous air of resignation about the whole thing - in this situation that's just criminal.

• Administrator

Incredible. Kids obviously were superb. A great attitude.

But also incredible how terribly shite Everton were in that 2nd half. If they score one of those great chances in first half they easily go on to win. But what on earth happened at half-time? 

With that Everton team you'd have expected them to do so much more, at least score and overcome that Liverpool side.

Crazy performance. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Incredible. Kids obviously were superb. A great attitude.

But also incredible how terribly shite Everton were in that 2nd half. If they score one of those great chances in first half they easily go on to win. But what on earth happened at half-time? 

With that Everton team you'd have expected them to do so much more, at least score and overcome that Liverpool side.

Crazy performance. 

They really should have buried atleast two of their chances in the first half. Adrian deserves some credit for stopping them but if you shoot right at the goalkeeper then you're not going to get much out of the chances you're given.

• Subscriber

No positives to take from this other than the fact that I never have to think we might get a result here again. I was 6 the last time Everton won at Anfield. I'll be 66 and I won't have seen us win here again. Brazil, France, England internationals out there unable to complete 5 yard passes just because of the shirts the other team are wearing.

I'd hoped to get more than 5 days into the new decade before having to use the word disgraceful to describe Everton but if that isn't worthy of it then nothing is.

Quite happily never see Walcott or Schneiderlin in an Everton shirt again. Both belong in the MLS now. Sigurdsson needs shifting before everyone else notices how far off a cliff he's fallen. Richarlison, Digne, Calvert-Lewin look dead on their feet. Mina with his worst two performances of his Everton career at Anfield this season. Sidibe the same. Absolutely sound in every other game except the two visits to Anfield. Can't even blame the intimidating atmosphere because the place was an absolute library for 70 minutes.

It beggars belief that athletes can reach the level of playing for a Premier League club but be mentally weak enough to turn into absolute muppets just because it's Liverpool and Anfield.

There's your real welcome to Everton, Carlo.

• Subscriber

What's also worrying is that even against that side, all I feel is a sense of resignation when I should feel overwhelming rage. 

Watch us go back to playing normally against Brighton next weekend and winning against a much stronger team than this.

That second half was brilliant. Complete control. Thought Lallana was brilliant too.

Jones man of the match. Not just for the goal but you can see him fitting into the midfield well over the next couple of years. So calm in possession

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

That second half was brilliant. Complete control. Thought Lallana was brilliant too.

Jones man of the match. Not just for the goal but you can see him fitting into the midfield well over the next couple of years. So calm in possession

I think Neco Williams was very good and close to being man of the match. Handled that RB position brilliantly and was spraying the ball around like Alexander-Arnold would. If Jones hadn't scored Williams would have got my man of the match.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Jones needs to be above Shaqiri in the pecking order now. Without a doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think Neco Williams was very good and close to being man of the match. Handled that RB position brilliantly and was spraying the ball around like Alexander-Arnold would. If Jones hadn't scored Williams would have got my man of the match.

Williams has impressed me the two times I've seen him (v Arsenal too). I'd be happy with him as back up RB. He's a good little player

Chirivella was good too. He'll never be good enough for us but he has surely impressed enough to get a move to a lower PL side with his cup performances this season

• The topic was unpinned

Archived