The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Third Round Matches - 4-6th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you can’t handle being called a wanker for 100k a week, you probably need to re-evaluate your life.

what if you're white and called a wanker :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you can’t handle being called a wanker for 100k a week, you probably need to re-evaluate your life.

Made me remember something see below

24 minutes ago, Ian Tucker said:

I watched Burnley v Villa the other night and Wolves v Man Utd tonight and on both games heard thousands of fans chanting that Jack Grealish and Ashley Young both being called wankers. In the recent light that we should clamp down on racist or homophobic chanting, and rightly so, why do we not condemn this form of name calling?? Surely this is just as bad as any other name calling?? Imagine their kids at school and other children reiterating these remarks?? For me it is equally as bad. But nothing has been or will be mentioned about this. It is not politically correct. To be honest I bet Grealish or Young couldn’t give a toss about it. And for me, that’s the way to best answer these insults. Just ignore them. Any thoughts??

Don’t think they care, look

• Subscriber

Didn't even bother watching the match v Wolves, my laddie said it was on BT and I said it will either end up a boring 0-0 or 2.0 to Wolves and watched the film 'Den of Thieves' instead, that was more exciting so I gathered when I saw the United line up. :coffee: 

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Didn't even bother watching the match v Wolves, my laddie said it was on BT and I said it will either end up a boring 0-0 or 2.0 to Wolves and watched the film 'Den of Thieves' instead, that was more exciting so I gathered when I saw the United line up. :coffee: 

We were shite, not a shot on target. Same old shite from Solskjaer afterwards as well, smiling like a bellend saying we didn’t deserve to lose, take the positives etc. Brandon Williams played, literally the only positive. Chong was gash, similar to every other senior game he’s played. I’d fuck him off to Rotherham tomorrow.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We were shite, not a shot on target. Same old shite from Solskjaer afterwards as well, smiling like a bellend saying we didn’t deserve to lose, take the positives etc. Brandon Williams played, literally the only positive. Chong was gash, similar to every other senior game he’s played. I’d fuck him off to Rotherham tomorrow.

I said to my son after when I saw the result "That's why I could not be arsed watching the game, fucking 0-0 and Solskaer after smiling and talking like a fucking garden gnome with a cock stuck up his arse".

• Subscriber

10 changes and won comfortably. Ideal. Similar draw in round 4 please as we're completely fresh for that Villa game now on Wednesday.

Barnes finally scores at home.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Has anyone seen the rumoured team doing the rounds on social media? God, I hope it's not that

Looks heavily changed if that is from this morning...? 

• Subscriber

They'll still win. Honestly I've lost count of the number of times we've been there with people saying this is Everton's chance to break their duck at Anfield. I've been saying for years they could put their under 9s out against us and we'd still lose if they were running around at Anfield with red shirts on. If nothing else, today will prove me correct on that point.

In reality, nothing less than a win is acceptable if they're making that many changes but it's Everton so lol nope.

And to think, even when they're full strength and unbeaten in 7000 league games this lot bafflingly rattle out the same "ooof I have a bad feeling about this one I hate derby day me" shite every time. xD Try being me and genuinely thinking, with good reason, that the opposition could put their under 19s out and still win.

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looks heavily changed if that is from this morning...? 

There's obviously a few kids there but we had four on the bench on Wednesday. I don't mind say, Jones and Elliott getting a game, maybe Williams at right back but the back four that I seen was just four kids which is excessive

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They'll still win. Honestly I've lost count of the number of times we've been there with people saying this is Everton's chance to break their duck at Anfield. I've been saying for years they could put their under 9s out against us and we'd still lose if they were running around at Anfield with red shirts on. If nothing else, today will prove me correct on that point.

In reality, nothing less than a win is acceptable if they're making that many changes but it's Everton so lol nope.

And to think, even when they're full strength and unbeaten in 7000 league games this lot bafflingly rattle out the same "ooof I have a bad feeling about this one I hate derby day me" shite every time. xD Try being me and genuinely thinking, with good reason, that the opposition could put their under 19s out and still win.

I've not felt like that for an Anfield derby for a while to be honest. Going to Goodison is different but I'm generally confident at Anfield. Today could be different depending on the team we put out

• Administrator

Is FA Cup high on Liverpool's priorities though as a competition to win? Obviously the league is theirs and that'll be the priority to secure and then CL comes next and perhaps they'll try and repeat the feat of Real Madrid in recent season (3 in a row). 

I can't imagine Klopp or the club really care about the FA Cup if that's the kind of team they're putting out i.e. so many youngsters and a weak back 4. 

I think if they took it seriously they could probably win all 3 but I'm guessing Klopp knows his players well and they're going to be fatigued up to now. Gone are the days of a side like Man Utd in 1999 wanting to go and win an unprecedented treble. I'd have thought Klopp might player more senior players given they now have a week off after today's game. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is FA Cup high on Liverpool's priorities though as a competition to win? Obviously the league is theirs and that'll be the priority to secure and then CL comes next and perhaps they'll try and repeat the feat of Real Madrid in recent season (3 in a row). 

I can't imagine Klopp or the club really care about the FA Cup if that's the kind of team they're putting out i.e. so many youngsters and a weak back 4. 

I think if they took it seriously they could probably win all 3 but I'm guessing Klopp knows his players well and they're going to be fatigued up to now. Gone are the days of a side like Man Utd in 1999 wanting to go and win an unprecedented treble. I'd have thought Klopp might player more senior players given they now have a week off after today's game. 

The FA Cup is miles behind the big two obviously. We've been unlucky with the third round draws the last three years though. Two derbies and Wolves away. Playing a mix of fringe players and kids against Port Vale at home wouldn't be a major issue. It's Everton though. No one wants to lose a 20 year unbeaten home record against them whether it's a team of kids or not.

I completely understand the need for changes in the third round tie after the busy Christmas schedule. We didn't make many changes to the side over Christmas either.

Klopp's problem with the FA Cup has always been it comes right after the Christmas fixtures, he sees it as the first opportunity for a proper rest.

Obviously the injuries haven't helped either. Lovren, Matip, Keita, Chamberlain and Shaqiri all probably start today if they were fit

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's Everton though. No one wants to lose a 20 year unbeaten home record against them whether it's a team of kids or not.

This is the thing though. No-one wants to lose that record, against Everton especially, but it appears Klopp doesn't really care about that if he's playing the kids?

Is he expecting a repeat of the Arsenal League Cup game where you end up going through anyway xD ?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

This is the thing though. No-one wants to lose that record, against Everton especially, but it appears Klopp doesn't really care about that if he's playing the kids?

Is he expecting a repeat of the Arsenal League Cup game where you end up going through anyway xD ?

I doubt he does care. He won't be emotionally attached to something like that like the fans are. And that's fair enough, it's his job to make big decisions based on the fitness of the players, how it will affect us in other competitions etc and not something like this record

We don't know if he is picking a team of kids yet to be fair but he's in a no win situation. If he plays the usual back four and one or two pick up an injury and miss the next three games in the league, which are massive, he'll be criticised by some. Likewise, he'll get it if we lose to Everton with a load of changes

• Administrator

Spurs have gone fairly strong against Boro

Middlesborough XI: Mejias, Spence, Fry, Coulson, McNair, Howson, Clayton, Saville, Tavernier, Roberts, Fletcher

Spurs XI: Gazzaniga, Aurier, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sessegnon, Winks, Eriksen, Lucas, Alli, Son

• The topic was unpinned

Archived