• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Messiah (Netflix Series)

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Binged all 10 episodes on Wednesday; really enjoyable. Thought the ending was a bit dodgy but fair enough for keeping it open for Season 2.

Finally something a bit more original and unusual.

Just finished it. 

Unbelievably good. I honestly would rate it almost a 10/10 personally. Can’t find one fault. Absolutely LOVE how it kept me guessing throughout. 

Will rewatch it again soon. No surprise the religious/political nut jobs doing their part in scoring the series poorly in reviews. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Teso was the first one to post about this series on here and was also the first one that suggested Storts Poch post to be a candidate for POTY.... all I do is win 😎😎😎

When? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Teso was the first one to post about this series on here and was also the first one that suggested Storts Poch post to be a candidate for POTY.... all I do is win 😎😎😎

And I quoted you but got no reply. #heartbroken

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Stretching things a bit I thought but as you say leaving the door open for a second season... 

I mean it's not such an ambiguous ending given that the kid who found the plane was already shown to be a massive lier/storyteller with a huge imagination when he was first introduced shortly before that final scene...  

Not reading to whole thread to avoid any spoilers. 

I'm about 6 episodes in, and it's brilliant. I love this kind of stuff as religion/religious history has always fascinated me. In fact, one of my favorite novels, The Idiot, is similar in the regards to the response(s) a Christ (or Christ like) figure would appear in today's world. 

I would have certainly binged on this in 1 day if it weren't for me having to wait for my wife to get home from work so we can watch it together. 

33 minutes ago, nudge said:

I mean it's not such an ambiguous ending given that the kid who found the plane was already shown to be a massive lier/storyteller with a huge imagination when he was first introduced shortly before that final scene...  

It’s the fact it keeps you guessing, which I find completely brilliant. 

And you’re forgetting Aviram was there at the end, who I’m assuming is now a believer. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

It’s the fact it keeps you guessing, which I find completely brilliant. 

And you’re forgetting Aviram was there at the end, who I’m assuming is now a believer. 

Yes, that reminded me of the first season of Homeland; you're constantly questioning everything that happens as they intentionally keep it ambiguous. Love that kind of mystery.

Not entirely sure Aviram is a believer now but the other Israeli agent definitely is xD 

Are we ok with spoilers here? 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, that reminded me of the first season of Homeland; you're constantly questioning everything that happens as they intentionally keep it ambiguous. Love that kind of mystery.

Not entirely sure Aviram is a believer now but the other Israeli agent definitely is xD 

Are we ok with spoilers here? 

***Spoiler warning**** (forgot how to do the tag)

I think him apologising when the plane was going down and then surviving the crash with what appears to look as if he was being revived, did it.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

***Spoiler warning**** (forgot how to do the tag)

Reveal hidden contents

I think him apologising when the plane was going down and then surviving the crash with what appears to look as if he was being revived, did it.

Added the spoiler tags for you :D

yeah looked like it; and it would make sense given how fucked up and in need of "being saved" he is in general...

I'm still absolutely unsure of who "the messiah" is. There's hints and leads about him being a very sophisticated conman with his own political agenda; and at the same time some of the events he's involved in are too much to be a lucky coincidence (the sandstorm; the tornado; surviving the plane crash). So I'm very curious what direction the show will take. Wouldn't be surprised if they go with the false messiah angle too. 

• Administrator

what I didn't get, any maybe I'm being silly, but what made Al-Masih just walk out before the huge talk and in to Aviram's car. Did I miss something which was pre-arranged for that to happen?

Wonder what happens with Rebecca, too. Has an episode on the stage which people will think comes from God but it's actually just her epilepsy (?). 

What do we think happens with Jibril in series 2 as well? 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Stan said:

Hide contents

what I didn't get, any maybe I'm being silly, but what made Al-Masih just walk out before the huge talk and in to Aviram's car. Did I miss something which was pre-arranged for that to happen?

Wonder what happens with Rebecca, too. Has an episode on the stage which people will think comes from God but it's actually just her epilepsy (?). 

What do we think happens with Jibril in series 2 as well? 

I was wondering this myself but I think it (Aviram & co coming to "abduct him") was premeditated by him - regardless of who he is, that was definitely part of his end game plan.

Rebecca is an interesting one. Especially given her precognitive vision of her town being destroyed. She and Jibril are most certainly the key pieces in Al-Masih's 4D chess game. 

Archived