talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Messiah (Netflix Series)

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched two more episodes this morning. So, so good. I know he's probably a hoax, but even as a non religious person, I somehow want him to be the Messiah? I don't know. It's weird. 

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

It’s the fact it keeps you guessing, which I find completely brilliant. 

That's the thing about it, just as you start to think one thing other things are going on in the background that make you believe otherwise then something else happens and you are back to wondering again.. 

Some religious relevance they've used

He starts his preaching in Damascus which according to Muslims is the place Jesus will come back. 

His early faithful disciple is Jibril which is the name of archangel Gabriel in Arabic who was was sent to prophets with revelations.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Some religious relevance they've used

He starts his preaching in Damascus which according to Muslims is the place Jesus will come back. 

His early faithful disciple is Jibril which is the name of archangel Gabriel in Arabic who was was sent to prophets with revelations.

A few more:

In Islam Al-Masih ad-Dajjal (the false Messiah) will come from Isfahan (modern day Iran) and will be able to perform fake miracles resembling those performed by Jesus. Same in Christianity where the Antichrist performs fake miracles and wonders and presents himself to the humanity as someone advocating for peace, economic stability and unity ("he walks with all men") before showing his true colours.

The last scene in the last episode with the split poppy field looks like the parting of the Red Sea.

If Aviram becomes a believer and joins him then it resembles the story of Paul the Apostle who was a soldier/lawman who persecuted and wanted to arrest Jesus and his disciples prior to being converted.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, nudge said:

If Aviram becomes a believer and joins him then it resembles the story of Paul the Apostle who was a soldier/lawman who persecuted and wanted to arrest Jesus and his disciples prior to being converted.

Is that the dude who was previously Saul? 

Just finished the 5th episode, and I'm really not a fan of binge watching, because I never want to rush it with a series I like, but man, I am so curious about the rest of the series. But I will take my time, as hard as it is. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished this today, bit late to the party. It felt very 'homeland' like which I'm not a massive fan of to be frank.

That said, it did keep my interest and I'm disappointed to read there is no 2nd season. It was clearly set up to continue. 

To be honest, I was more thinking whether it was going to be a case he was more bad than good than the real/fake debate. I just kept thinking there could be more of a sinister side to him.

I liked Jibril's story from where he began to where he finished and what annoys me is they could potentially have made a fascinating Series 2 by making him out to be the 'Good guy' and Al-Masih the 'bad guy' or antichrist if you will.

That could have been so intriguing. What a shame.

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

I just finished this today, bit late to the party. It felt very 'homeland' like which I'm not a massive fan of to be frank.

That said, it did keep my interest and I'm disappointed to read there is no 2nd season. It was clearly set up to continue. 

To be honest, I was more thinking whether it was going to be a case he was more bad than good than the real/fake debate. I just kept thinking there could be more of a sinister side to him.

I liked Jibril's story from where he began to where he finished and what annoys me is they could potentially have made a fascinating Series 2 by making him out to be the 'Good guy' and Al-Masih the 'bad guy' or antichrist if you will.

That could have been so intriguing. What a shame.

Man, so much potential and now nothing. A real shame. 

Archived