• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Hardy again Nolan? FFS

Only a small role. Crashing those planes with no survivors!!! :P

The main cast will be mainly unknown actors. 

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Yea, I trust the guy with the bad mic! Must be terrible then. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fury_2015/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/

I doubt his mic is so bad, you can't understand the points he was making. You don't need to trust anyone. Just listen and tell me where he was wrong.

This movie has no qualities beyond its formal polish and the acting. It tries to be realistic, but it's just an unrealistic, nationalist wank-fest for call of duty players and people who can't get enough of holly wood clichees. It's funny how antitank guns can't hit the side of a barn from 500m.

Here's more:

Slant Magazine Jesse Cataldo

The film itself is a lumbering tank of a movie, chunky, loud, and clumsy, mulching down men into meat as proof of its dramatic seriousness and gloomy worldview.

Variety Peter Debruge
Though colorfully embellished with authentic detail and logistically complex to bring to the screen, Ayer’s script is bland at the most basic story level, undermined by cardboard characterizations and a stirring yet transparently silly climactic showdown.

Indiewire Eric Kohn
Writer-director David Ayer’s brash, assaultive Brad Pitt drama manages some evocative imagery and achieves visceral impact by enacting a hellacious atmosphere that never lets up — but Ayer takes the mission too literally, and winds up literally lost in the fog of war.

My favourite war films are archival footage of German cities being leveled. The air of freedom is untainted. The USA saved the world, god bless the US of A and fuck her enemies. Never forgive, never forget the forty million Jews murdered by Hitler. Praise Israel.

I find it hard to enjoy a lot of historical films that don't set a precendent of being fictitious. Apocalypse Now? Fantastic as Vietnam is simply an environment to further the plot same with Deer Hunter. Braveheart on the otherhand fucks me off because William Wallace was a poncey noble and all the English weren't the definition of pure evil. Amadeus, I forgive because it is a masterpiece.

• Subscriber
On 7/5/2017 at 6:02 AM, Tsubasa said:

Fury was great :o

^ this! i thought the first 3/4s of the movie was absolutely fantastic. That tank battle was epic beyond belief...they just threw it all with that atrocious ending. Still quality though.

22 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

^ this! i thought the first 3/4s of the movie was absolutely fantastic. That tank battle was epic beyond belief...they just threw it all with that atrocious ending. Still quality though.

ex dee, dude! What's your nick name in call of duty , bro!??

Archived