The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Fourth Round Draw

football forum

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah been ages since you played Everton :ph34r:

In all seriousness, you had MK Dons in the EFL Cup earlier this season?

Did we? Shows how much I care about the League Cup lol.

Also, I think before yesterday I thought "nah, there's no way Everton won't be able to beat our kids - the Anfield run's going to come to an end." Whereas now, I'm pretty sure I could cobble 11 of us from the forum up and tell Klopp "yeah, this'll be our starting line up against Everton so you can give Salah & co a rest" and we'd probably still win.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did we? Shows how much I care about the League Cup lol.

You say that until you get to a Final then suddenly you are all buying the scarves, mugs and looking on e-bay for a matchday programme so you can wave it at people saying "I was there..." 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

You say that until you get to a Final then suddenly you are all buying the scarves, mugs and looking on e-bay for a matchday programme so you can wave it at people saying "I was there..." 

Did enjoy it when last year's EFL Trophy was boycotted throughout, until Pompey and Sunderland got the final and promptly sold out Wembley...

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Pretty sure we've actually won the League Cup more than anyone else too. Still, don't give a shit about it this season - we should have been allowed to withdraw from it in the first place, what with having extra matches in fucking Qatar of all places (or they could move the Club World Cup to a time of year that isn't ridiculous for European clubs).

Tbh, I don't even care about the FA Cup this year unless all of a sudden we're out of the CL and our chances of winning the league have evaporated. And tbh, if we get knocked out of the CL early... but we win the league, I'd be well happy with that.

Only really care about one thing this year football wise.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Knowing your luck war will break out and the season will be suspended... 

God I hope not - especially with Iran. They'd probably kill my gran and other family members I have out there... and also stop us from winning the fucking league.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

God I hope not - especially with Iran. They'd probably kill my gran and other family members I have out there... and also stop us from winning the fucking league.

Well I hope all is good for the family obviously but I think war is about the only thing that will stop you lot winning the league this season... 

13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well I hope all is good for the family obviously but I think war is about the only thing that will stop you lot winning the league this season... 

I still don't believe we're favourites because of the number of times I've seen us snatch failure from the jaws of victory xD

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I still don't believe we're favourites because of the number of times I've seen us snatch failure from the jaws of victory xD

Until its mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us I refuse to believe we've won it.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Pretty sure we've actually won the League Cup more than anyone else too. Still, don't give a shit about it this season - we should have been allowed to withdraw from it in the first place, what with having extra matches in fucking Qatar of all places (or they could move the Club World Cup to a time of year that isn't ridiculous for European clubs).

Tbh, I don't even care about the FA Cup this year unless all of a sudden we're out of the CL and our chances of winning the league have evaporated. And tbh, if we get knocked out of the CL early... but we win the league, I'd be well happy with that.

Only really care about one thing this year football wise.

My thoughts on the FA Cup depend on how the next month or so in the league goes. If it goes well then that's a huge step given the fixtures we'd have got out of the way. If we manage to get through this fourth round tie with a similar team to the one before then there could be a chance to give the FA Cup a little bit more attention

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Stan said:

Highlight for me there is Birmingham could play in the 4th round away but at their own ground xDxD 

That's great and The FA have confirmed it that if Coventry get through, they will be the home team. At least the Brummie fans can say they've sat in the away section of their own ground.

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

That's great and The FA have confirmed it that if Coventry get through, they will be the home team. At least the Brummie fans can say they've sat in the away section of their own ground.

Birmingham should get a huge allocation, as Coventry will likely only have a few thousand. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Birmingham should get a huge allocation, as Coventry will likely only have a few thousand. 

Isn't there a cap on allocation of 15% for the away team? 

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Danny said:

For now, sure there will be a rearranged game to come

Have seen your game with Forest has been re-arranged to the Tuesday after this game. Surely you still go full strength in the Cup?

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Have seen your game with Forest has been re-arranged to the Tuesday after this game. Surely you still go full strength in the Cup?

We’ll most likely treat it like any 2 game week I’d imagine with a stronger line up for Forest but still a strong line up against you. Our goal this season is promotion and I don’t think we’ll allow a Cup run to distract us too much

• Administrator

TV Ties

Friday 24th January
Northampton vs Derby, 20.00 - BT Sport

Saturday 25th January
Brentford vs Leicester, 12.45 - BBC One
Hull vs Chelsea, 17.30 - BT Sport

Sunday 26th January
Man City vs Fulham, 13.00 - BBC One
Watford/Tranmere vs Wolves/Man Utd, 15.00 - BT Sport
Bristol City/Shrewsbury vs Liverpool, 17.00 - BBC One

Monday 27th January