• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga Week 36 Fixtures - 5th May - 8th May 2017

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An absolutely vital win for Sporting today. A failure to take 3 points would have been bleak for their relegation survival chances. Hopefully they can pull off the escape though it will be tough. I've always liked them a lot since the Manolo Preciado (RIP) era. Plus I was able to go to a match at El Molinón a few years back when I visited the city. 

Betis could play a huge role in this relegation battle, with them facing Leganés on Monday and them visiting El Molinón on the final day of the season. 

I despise RM even more now than I did when I posted on TFF 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

An absolutely vital win for Sporting today. A failure to take 3 points would have been bleak for their relegation survival chances. Hopefully they can pull off the escape though it will be tough. I've always liked them a lot since the Manolo Preciado (RIP) era. Plus I was able to go to a match at El Molinón a few years back when I visited the city. 

Betis could play a huge role in this relegation battle, with them facing Leganés on Monday and them visiting El Molinón on the final day of the season. 

I despise RM even more now than I did when I posted on TFF 3 years ago. 

Welcome back mate!  A great poster and you've been missed.  Weren't you a Port Vale fan though? 

1 hour ago, ATL said:

Granada subbing just 17 minutes in with no injury? Strange...

Players aren't playing and it's obvious.  They're down and there's turmoil at the club which points to dissent.  This should be a royal whipping by Real Madrid if they put effort in.

I feel most for Atletico. There is something about that club that just resonates with me. I don't know what ti is. Perhaps it's the modest working-class background, perhaps it the players, perhaps it is their long list of amazing strikers in the past decade. Maybe if I spoke Spanish, I'd be more inclined to follow more closer than I do.

54 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Welcome back mate!  A great poster and you've been missed.  Weren't you a Port Vale fan though? 

Cheers again mate. 

I remember having some very good discussions with yourself and Rebel (Chris I think?) back in the day, and learning a lot. 

Nah it's Preston but close enough don't worry haha. I was gutted that weren't able to take Arsenal to an FA Cup replay at the Emirates earlier this year. I would have loved to have made that trip.

I'll try not to make my anti RM rants each week like I used to do back in the day, but I can't make any definite promises !

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

He looks like an Italian child molester.

To me he looks a bit like Lech Walesa or maybe someone out of Starsky & Hutch or even the Village People. xD

What are we saying about poor Panenka in all of this. O.o

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

To me he looks a bit like Lech Walesa or maybe someone out of Starsky & Hutch or even the Village People. xD

What are we saying about poor Panenka in all of this. O.o

Paneko looks like closer to Pablo Escobar than anyone else.

Speaking of Escobar, once my aunt dressed as him for a Halloween party. Except she wore military fatigue...she was thinking of this guy.

Image result for fidel castro

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Paneko looks like closer to Pablo Escobar than anyone else.

Speaking of Escobar, once my aunt dressed as him for a Halloween party. Except she wore military fatigue...she was thinking of this guy.

Hide contents

Image result for fidel castro

Who's that...  Looks like Che Guevara! 

Whoever it is, your aunt got it totally wrong it seems xD

But then again my dad who never mastered the English language (God rest his soul) used to call Clint Eastwood "King Edward"...  Never asked him why he thought it was said like that. xD  It wasn't the only one he got wrong either...  Ultimate Warrior (He loved WWE or better said, WWF as it was known then) who he called Mamoria. O.o

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cheers again mate. 

I remember having some very good discussions with yourself and Rebel (Chris I think?) back in the day, and learning a lot. 

Nah it's Preston but close enough don't worry haha. I was gutted that weren't able to take Arsenal to an FA Cup replay at the Emirates earlier this year. I would have loved to have made that trip.

I'll try not to make my anti RM rants each week like I used to do back in the day, but I can't make any definite promises !

Ask Rab to get you the Preston North End crest mate. ;)

As for rants against Real Madrid... Be my guest mate because I've been doing them this season as they have become a horrible horrible football club that I just can't swallow.  No club is holy, but they are rotten to the core.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ask Rab to get you the Preston North End crest mate. ;)

As for rants against Real Madrid... Be my guest mate because I've been doing them this season as they have become a horrible horrible football club that I just can't swallow.  No club is holy, but they are rotten to the core.

Tell me why Atletico are rotten as well.

Just now, Spike said:

Tell me why Atletico are rotten as well.

I don't know mate...  You tell me because it seems you're onto something.  I have no idea why they would be conceived as especially rotten.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know mate...  You tell me because it seems you're onto something.  I have no idea why they would be conceived as especially rotten.

You just said no team is holy! I want the inside scoop on Atletico so I can tell people that their team is evil. xD I did say earlier I sympathise with Atleti the most.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

You just said no team is holy! I want the inside scoop on Atletico so I can tell people that their team is evil. xD I did say earlier I sympathise with Atleti the most.

I know the era with Jesús Gil was a very active one full of untoward stuff although much of it was about him rather than the club.

But this is where we should bring in @Kowabunga as he's one to be honest and auto critical.  Infact he had a great thread in the other forum where he dug out loads of dodgy stuff on many clubs and personalities.  He isn't very active in the football sections these days and tends to frequent the political side of things much more now.

I have quite a number of my family that are Atleti fans and my brother who lives in Madrid is a season ticket holder.  So I have sympathies toward them and always have had.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know the era with Jesús Gil was a very active one full of untoward stuff although much of it was about him rather than the club.

But this is where we should bring in @Kowabunga as he's one to be honest and auto critical.  Infact he had a great thread in the other forum where he dug out loads of dodgy stuff on many clubs and personalities.  He isn't very active in the football sections these days and tends to frequent the political side of things much more now.

I have quite a number of my family that are Atleti fans and my brother who lives in Madrid is a season ticket holder.  So I have sympathies toward them and always have had.

Oh yes! I believe I remember. If you refresh my memory, was that the man that was a local politician and was using many underhand methods in both his political and footballing career to maintain power?

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Oh yes! I believe I remember. If you refresh my memory, was that the man that was a local politician and was using many underhand methods in both his political and footballing career to maintain power?

He was the Mayor of Marbella...  He actually done a lot of good work for the area in certain terms but seems to have been involved in all sorts of "mafiosi" type dealings.

There were some extremely funny moments with him as the Atlético Madrid President though and I remember him getting upset with a journalist live on air after a match once where he takes out a wad of money (a proper wad) and waves it in front of him saying... "We've got money, I've got money...  How much do you earn!" xD  Pictures of him with women in jacuzzis was frequent. hahaha

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

He was the Mayor of Marbella...  He actually done a lot of good work for the area in certain terms but seems to have been involved in all sorts of "mafiosi" type dealings.

There were some extremely funny moments with him as the Atlético Madrid President though and I remember him getting upset with a journalist live on air after a match once where he takes out a wad of money (a power wad) and waves it in front of him saying... "We've got money, I've got money...  How much do you earn!" xD  Pictures of him with women in jacuzzis was frequent. hahaha

Spanish football is interesting. I must learn Spanish so I can experience it in full and so I can know if my landscapers are chattin shit.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

so I can know if my landscapers are chattin shit.

Take it as a given that they are! xD

Learning Spanish while living in the States is easy to achieve for so many reasons.  If you love football, then learning Spanish is a gift because not only do you get to understand all the ins and outs of football in Spain but also most of Latin America which is rich in football culture.  The other plus side is that you get to understand Italian a lot easier too and you can add that to the bag.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Take it as a given that they are! xD

Learning Spanish while living in the States is easy to achieve for so many reasons.  If you love football, then learning Spanish is a gift because not only do you get to understand all the ins and outs of football in Spain but also most of Latin America which is rich in football culture.  The other plus side is that you get to understand Italian a lot easier too and you can add that to the bag.

It's the vocab I have issues with. I easily remember nouns but the moment I come to constructing a sentence I'm limited to phrases like 'Tengo un gato pero lo odio' or 'Quisiera cerveza, por favor'.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived