talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Edinson Cavani - Moves to Man Utd

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Our best correspondent (Simon Philips) says we have offered PSG a ‘decent’ loan fee and are willing to pay Cavani’s wages for a 6 month loan. Afterwards Cavani becomes a free agent.

We desperately need to make this happen 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Chelsea and signing great strikers passed their peak - something that feels like it happens all the time.

Needs to happen. 6 month loan is perfect for us and Cavani as well given we will pay his wages until his contract is up 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Chelsea and signing great strikers passed their peak - something that feels like it happens all the time.

Cavani is better than ever if you ask me. If you've seen him for Uruguay, he carries the forward line as Suarez doesn't have enough in him anymore.

Chelsea with a coup if true.

37 minutes ago, Vader said:

Cavani is better than ever if you ask me. If you've seen him for Uruguay, he carries the forward line as Suarez doesn't have enough in him anymore.

Chelsea with a coup if true.

I generally don't put too much stock in international performances compared to club performances. That shite doesn't always translate over. And I haven't really watched Cavani (other than when we've played PSG) since he left Napoli, because I don't like PSG and I'm not going to go out of my way to watch them.

I know Cavani is a good player, but I always do wonder when a veteran comes into the league on tired legs - because playing in England will be a bit difference to playing for PSG.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I generally don't put too much stock in international performances compared to club performances. That shite doesn't always translate over. And I haven't really watched Cavani (other than when we've played PSG) since he left Napoli, because I don't like PSG and I'm not going to go out of my way to watch them.

I know Cavani is a good player, but I always do wonder when a veteran comes into the league on tired legs - because playing in England will be a bit difference to playing for PSG.

He's good. Trust me. Much better than Suarez these days.

You haven't heard of him recently because he's been injured and not playing, but still easily one of the better strikers in Europe.

On 23/01/2020 at 01:58, Inverted said:

Cavani doesn't really use his pace a huge amount anyway, don't see why he would have declined much. 

There’s people like Teddy Sheringham who say “if you didn’t have much pace, it doesn’t matter as much if you’ve lost your legs.” But I remember when Fernando Morientes joined us from Real Madrid after a successful loan spell at Monaco (when Monaco made the CL final).

He actually wasn’t that bad... but he was a striker that had strength and height but in his later years was wholly unsuited to a more physical league than he was used to. And he didn’t score much, he was just really good at link up play because he was still sharp mentally. But he just wasn’t right for the league at that stage of his career - his legs had gone. And when he left us for Valencia he improved a bit but was a shadow of the player he once was. And when he joined Marseilles he was basically well passed it.

And tbh, I think the league is a bit faster paced nowadays. I think there’s no way Morientes could cut it in England in present days.

Again, I think Cavani has shown he’s a really great player. And there’s a chance these injuries haven’t made it so he can’t adapt to England. And I think at the prices quoted, and then you consider the likely significant wage demands... and I think it’s just too big of a risk.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Edinson Cavani - Moves to Man Utd

Archived