talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Edinson Cavani - Moves to Man Utd

56 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Nope I'm definitely reading it as Lewandowski needs 10 chances to score a goal. 

And he gets those chances at Bayern, you’re telling me that Lewa doesn’t miss a lot? it doesn’t even matter because he still gets a hattrick every game because he makes those chances

it isn’t a criticism, just an observation, every time i have watched him he has bunch of misses and a bunch of goals

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, Spike said:

And he gets those chances at Bayern, you’re telling me that Lewa doesn’t miss a lot? it doesn’t even matter because he still gets a hattrick every game because he makes those chances

it isn’t a criticism, just an observation, every time i have watched him he has bunch of misses and a bunch of goals

Maybe its my bias but he used to, definitely in more recent years he can score out of nothing. Still does miss but I dont notice it as glaringly as I used too.

43 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Maybe its my bias but he used to, definitely in more recent years he can score out of nothing. Still does miss but I dont notice it as glaringly as I used too.

well the reason he gets so many chances is because he is an elite player with other elite players around him. he makes the move and they make the pass, it wouldn't happen at a team like chelsea or united where it is a bit of a grind to get chances like that.

On 04/10/2020 at 03:24, DeadLinesman said:

Rashford has regressed, Martial is too inconstant and Greenwood too young to carry the position on his own. Interesting that it’s a 2 year contract until Haaland is available. We’ve managed to fuck up the Sancho signing in a one horse race though, so anything is possible from here on in.

Isn't Haaland available next year for a pretty decent price?

I think it's not a bad signing on paper. The only issue really is are you getting him too late, because he's already had a pretty injury ravaged season last year. Sort of reminds me of when we signed Morientes - quality player and you'll probably see tons of moments where you'll say "yeah he's still got quality" but you'll also see tons more moments where he might look just a bit too past it for the league.

The other big thing that might work against him is whether Ole can get the most out of him. With Lukaku he tried to either play him as an old school target man, probably because of the way he was built... but that didn't utilise one of Lukaku's greatest strengths - being weirdly good at dribbling for a man his size; he's really good at working the channels as he's shown at Everton & Inter now. But then to make the most of that, Solskjaer played him out wide in some matches (including against us, where I think he he was tbh one of the better players on the pitch that day)... which then you have him out wide and working the channels but not spending enough time in the box.

But I don't think that necessarily means Cavani won't fit in well with Solskjaer's tactics - I think he just had a pretty precise tactics and wasn't willing to be flexible with them to get the most out of Lukaku (that sale really benefitted all parties, imo).

I think he'd do well in the centre of United's front 3... provided he's not too passed it.

I wouldn't worry about the xG stat, tbh. There are plenty of strikers, even in United's history, that are really quality that needed a lot of chances to get on the scoresheet. Sometimes that just means they're really good at making runs and positioning and while they might not be clinical... they'll always get loads of chances a game and the more chances they get the more likely they'll be to score eventually - so I wouldn't necessarily read into that stat too much as a negative.

But I think it'll prove to be a pretty quality stop gap replacement if he manages to settle in England quickly.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Haaland will surely have plenty of other offers? Not saying Manchester United can’t get him but I don’t imagine it will be easy, especially if they are out of Champions League. Like with Sancho, I think they missed their free shot at getting him.

Yeah I imagine Haaland will be wanted by shitloads of big clubs around Europe. And he's already at a big club that will also probably want to offer him bigger wages for the chance of keeping him for longer.

Archived