talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Edinson Cavani - Moves to Man Utd

10 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I don't think it will appease many either.  United have spent so much time and energy trying for Sancho, or at least the fans have, that if we don't end up getting Sancho the window will be seen as a failure to many.   The frustration and the anger are growing as every team around us seems to have improved their teams.  Not that it will matter to the Glazers and Woodward, they are still profitting from the club.  Its going to be a long season if we don't bring in Sancho and at least another player.

Real fans know the club is skint at present. All the gesturing comes from twats like ‘Pogba Senior’ on Twitter, desperate for likes. 

You don’t loan £140mill for no reason. The Glazers cycle means that the sponsors come on for the CL qualification and they take their money out. They only spend when they don’t get CL qualification. It’s there for all to see. Absolute cancerous family. They look to make 3 signings every summer no matter what. 

Sancho won’t be coming. Dortmund are comfortable keeping him till next year, and he’ll probably be more expensive by that point. With no CL (because let’s face it, we won’t finish fourth), he won’t be coming. Quite why Woodward thinks Dortmund will sell at the last minute for less is beyond me. He is utterly incompetent when it comes to transfers. We need a DoF, but this was promised 2 years ago now and never materialised. That’s because Woodward knows he’s in control and secretly loves it.

The Glazers don’t give a literal shit about results because they don’t effect the sponsorship right now. I’d genuinely take relegation to get rid of these cunts. Every last fucking one of them. United should be at the pinnacle of football and right now, they’re just a shadow. Old Trafford is a sign of this ownership. Old, falling apart and with little modernisation or investment. They take and they take and they take. Not a single fucking cent of their own money has been spent on this club.

DIAHF

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a perfect signing to demonstrate the lack of progress made at United in the post Fergie era.

No strategy around the players being added to the squad.

Big names, that are part their prime.

À 33 year old big name on an expensive free transfer. What's changed since schweignstager, falcao, dimaria, Sanchez?

Those running the club are appalling, unworthy of association with the badge.

I know we were comparably shit or worse for many years, but we were still making more coherent transfers than United are at present. The United transfers always trending toward big names and pretending they're shiny and new when they are there to sell jerseys and only a stopgap measure... They reek of short termism, and a club that's trying to pretend it's still what it used to be.

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

What a fucking joke, we are crying out for defenders and the 3 stooges, Ole, Woodward & Glazers are going for another striker? we may as well bring Zlatan back.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with Ole mate. He may be tactically shite, but he’s being hung out to dry by the board yet again. Gone by Christmas.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with Ole mate. He may be tactically shite, but he’s being hung out to dry by the board yet again. Gone by Christmas.

The 2 stooges then, what a fucking joke though and if Ole is gone by Christmas who in hells name would we get next, Roy Keane? :eek: 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

The 2 stooges then, what a fucking joke though and if Ole is gone by Christmas who in hells name would we get next, Roy Keane? :eek: 

Roy Keane would be a bad signing. Don't think you need any more midfielders. 

• Subscriber

Piss myself laughing if Ole did get the bullet and Poch was available, Woodward approaching Poch "Fancy being a manager with us mate", Poch "Fuck off you numpty, not a chance in hell with you and the Glazers in charge". xD

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Smells just like Sanchez, Di Maria, Fellaini etc and is a definite Woodward/Glazer signing to give us more fans in Uruguay. Famous player, available on a free. If you think we wanted him, but tied him up 2 days before the window ends on a free (and he’s been available the whole summer), you need to go and fuck your own face. I genuinely hate this club.

Yeah, this has become a staple for you since Fergie left really.

But I honestly thought you'd change tactic with Solskjaer there because of how you finished the second half of the season.

Probably as exciting as we've seen from you for years, Bruno at the helm, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood all looking exciting, you're thinking its a chance to build a young exciting side.

Even the Van Der Beek signing I thought, fair play, you've nabbed a gem there.

But then you go do this and it feels ridiculous. 

As I said earlier, when you look back and see how much they ballsed that Haaland transfer up haggling over a few quid and Dortmund nipped in, it should never have come to this.

Maybe this is an example of why United need a sporting director. It seems most clubs are set up to have them now bar yourselves and perhaps why you struggle to get deals over the line.

Taken by itself it might not be a terrible signing, I imagine he will be backup to an already pretty prolific front 3? Or maybe take the place of Greenwood as he continues to develop? 

The fact he's been available for months and they're only just signing him a day before the deadline does smack a bit of desperation though. Could be an Ibra, could be a Falcao.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Maybe this is an example of why United need a sporting director. It seems most clubs are set up to have them now bar yourselves and perhaps why you struggle to get deals over the line.

Woodward claimed we were close to a Director of Football 19 months ago. And yet here we are. Read a very good article by Sam Luckhurst, in that Woodward is the de facto DoF anyway and he loves the notoriety. He won’t give the post up until he’s moved on because he is the guy who does transfers with Matt Judge, and neither have a fucking clue. 

47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Taken by itself it might not be a terrible signing, I imagine he will be backup to an already pretty prolific front 3? Or maybe take the place of Greenwood as he continues to develop? 

Rashford has regressed, Martial is too inconstant and Greenwood too young to carry the position on his own. Interesting that it’s a 2 year contract until Haaland is available. We’ve managed to fuck up the Sancho signing in a one horse race though, so anything is possible from here on in.

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I just think it's an illogical signing and one to appease the fans that they've signed someone like @DeadLinesman said previously.

Those wages for a back-up player at his age wouldn't be seen in many other squads. And I'm not sure of the logic of stunting the development (?) of Greenwood who seems to just relish playing a lot and playing regularly. 

There surely has to be better options than a 33y/o striker to play as back-up and to actually help improve the current squad of players. The outlook of Man Utd has changed so much in the last decade - Sanchez & Falcao to name a couple. There used to be signings (more often than not) where players would compete for spots in the side and actually make other players around them better and have potential to keep getting better. Like Fernandes has been most recently. 

They've lost/losing their identity since losing Fergie and show very little sign of making another one under Woodward/OGS.

• Subscriber

Edinson Cavani will have a break clause in Man Utd contract with medical complete

Edinson Cavani will soon become a Manchester United player.

The veteran Uruguay frontman has been completing a medical ahead of the surprise deadline day transfer.

Cavani has been a free agent since his Paris Saint-Germain contract expired in June and United have finally made the decision to sign the 33-year-old prolific forward.

According to the latest update from ESPN’s Rob Dawson, Cavani’s medical has gone well and he is due to confirmed as a new United player this afternoon. (STRETTY NEWS)Arrow.png.c29df83687343bc277fd7d068b4cb875.png

Quote.png

• The title was changed to Edinson Cavani - Moves to Man Utd
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Flop of the season. He needs ten chances to score a goal and he had that at PSG, kinda like Lewandowksi. At another team they'd be great but not for United that can barely get the ball in the box

I question whether he can really be considered a flop, purely because I haven't seen a single person who thinks this will be a success xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Flop of the season. He needs ten chances to score a goal and he had that at PSG, kinda like Lewandowksi. At another team they'd be great but not for United that can barely get the ball in the box

Ah i got you now, I was triggered but it was my reading comprehension.. carry on.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Flop of the season. He needs ten chances to score a goal and he had that at PSG, kinda like Lewandowksi. At another team they'd be great but not for United that can barely get the ball in the box

I was about to post that, Cavani is a really good striker but the man lose so many big chances. 

He is very smart with his positioning and he associates very well with his teammates. Cavani is a very good player, but contrary to what most people think, he´s not a good finisher.

:o

Archived