The better place to talk football.

Favourite Pizza topping

football forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

What's your favourite kind of Pizza?

Personally, I like a plain cheese Pizza (Margherita), Quattro Formaggi or a good old Tuna and Onion. 

Really? Always saw you as a pineapple kind of guy. 

:ph34r:

• Subscriber

I like most of them to be honest. As long as the crust is thin and crispy and there's not too much cheese.

The ones I usually get:

Salami and black olives.
Anchovies, black olives & capers.
Minced beef, onion & jalapeños.
Tuna and onion.

Also döner pizza is a joy.

From a "standard" pizza place I like to order a pepperoni or a vegetarian with ham and salami.

It guarantees you get maximum healthy stuff but then also get both the main delicious meats. 😎

But I don't have pizza often so when I do I prefer more authentic Italian pizzas, the type from restaurant type places which cost double what you get from a "standard" pizza joint. 

Garlic and herb base rather than tomato. Prosciutto. Pieces of Buffalo mozzarella. Basil leaves. Optional rocket on the side. Wood fired oven at 400 degrees for 90 seconds. That'll do me nicely.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Wtf is this tuna and onion thing? German?

Very common and pretty popular everywhere in Europe - including Italy (mostly south I believe)... Pizza al tonno/tonno e cippola. 

29 minutes ago, nudge said:

Very common and pretty popular everywhere in Europe - including Italy (mostly south I believe)... Pizza al tonno/tonno e cippola. 

Can’t say I’ve ever seen it here except one pizza brand. I like tuna and onion but not really seen it on pizza much! 

Maybe I saw it in Italy. Can’t recall. 

I like lots of pizza... classics like Hawaiian, Supreme and anything with pepperoni/ham/salami. A good vegetarian pizza with thin crust is divine too.

I enjoy trying new toppings, I had some taco pizza thing the other day. My gosh, heaven.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Can’t say I’ve ever seen it here except one pizza brand. I like tuna and onion but not really seen it on pizza much! 

Maybe I saw it in Italy. Can’t recall. 

I like lots of pizza... classics like Hawaiian, Supreme and anything with pepperoni/ham/salami. A good vegetarian pizza with thin crust is divine too.

I enjoy trying new toppings, I had some taco pizza thing the other day. My gosh, heaven.

If you like tuna and onion then definitely give it a go some time! It's simple but the taste combination is just perfect... 

• Subscriber

I love thin pizza's but they have to have pepperonis on top, I love my pepperonis, now I have seen this thread and the wife is going around our daughters later I am going to have this baby below (photo) I always get them from Tescos and I love them, plus a bottle of wine after, lovely. :hh: :x

thumbnail_20200109_104002.thumb.jpg.cd34c0e201caa276441e3f2a2dbda41e.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611440a4fbf516ad7819d

Olive and Anchovy. Maybe some cheeky capers on there as well. 

If im going to be drinking my local Indian also does a pizza with spiced mince, chicken and chillis. It's not pizza in the traditional sense but it's damned satisfying. 

Americans make the best pizzas in the world. The sheer breadth of choice is unbelievable. You want a weird abomination that shouldn't exist? You bet you can get that. You want traditional woodfire Neapolitan style? You can eat that sunbitch. You want a pizza that is a foot deep, come to Chicago. You want a piece of cardboard with greasy cheese and pepperoni? New York is your man.

Also, pepperoni is for children.

Archived