talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favourite Pizza topping

football forum

• Subscriber

My ideal pizza has to have very thin, crispy crust and not too much of cheese. As for toppings, I like different combinations and don't really have one single favourite... 

Anchovies, olives & capers 

Tuna & onion

Feta, spinach & olives

Capricciosa 

Or just a simple Marinara

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Blame the Greeks for a Pineapple on a  Pizza xD

download.png

There will always be fierce debates over whether or not pineapple has any place on a pizza, but there's no question about where the Hawaiian pizza originally came from: Chatham, Ontario, Canada! Restaurant owner Sam Panopoulos was born in Greece but moved to Canada when he was 20 years old. And in 1962, the entrepreneur decided to put pineapple on pizza.

Panopoulos, who passed away in 2017, once told the BBC, "We just put it on, just for the fun of it, see how it was going to taste. We were young in the business and we were doing a lot of experiments." The name apparently came from the brand of canned pineapple that Panopoulos used on that fateful day he invented the Hawaiian pizza.

https://bestlifeonline.com/useless-facts/

• Subscriber
On 24/03/2021 at 21:13, nudge said:

My ideal pizza has to have very thin, crispy crust and not too much of cheese. As for toppings, I like different combinations and don't really have one single favourite... 

This.

Anything over than thin and crispy and you simply do not appreciate the toppings. I haven't eaten any other pizza base in years.

I'm not a fan of takeaway pizza's unless it's to soak up some alcohol. When i go to a restaurant, if it's decent then i'm open in regards to toppings as long as it doesn't have fucking Pineapple.

If anyone on this forum is pro Pineapple on Pizza then GTFO. 

About the only thing I won't eat on a pizza is onion.  I'm a child when it comes to onions on anything.  I like a nice garlic sauce with lots of veggies (green peppers, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, etc.).  

Huge fan of the margherita though.  Sometimes simple is enough.

12 hours ago, Coma said:

About the only thing I won't eat on a pizza is onion.  I'm a child when it comes to onions on anything.  I like a nice garlic sauce with lots of veggies (green peppers, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, etc.).  

Huge fan of the margherita though.  Sometimes simple is enough.

I love red onions on pizzas and on gournet burgers.

Okay fuckers, here's my theory on pizza toppings

It's a bell curve, the shittest pizzas should have very few toppings, as when you get a dominos supreme it tastes like a saucy mess. 
So on low rent pizza, grab yourself something simple. Plain, pepperoni, Hawaiian, meatlovers, whatever. Never go beyond this, you're just paying more for less. 

Mid tier pizzas, grab yourself something interesting and flavorful. How do you know when a pizza hits this tier? When you bite the fucker, and can taste all the individual flavors, that's when you know. Get your pizzas with 4+ toppings from this tier. 

The most expensive pizzas however, you should have with basically nothing. Bread, tomato, cheese, gremolata. MAAAAYBE truffle or something simple, like mushroom and sausage. 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Okay fuckers, here's my theory on pizza toppings

It's a bell curve, the shittest pizzas should have very few toppings, as when you get a dominos supreme it tastes like a saucy mess. 
So on low rent pizza, grab yourself something simple. Plain, pepperoni, Hawaiian, meatlovers, whatever. Never go beyond this, you're just paying more for less. 

Mid tier pizzas, grab yourself something interesting and flavorful. How do you know when a pizza hits this tier? When you bite the fucker, and can taste all the individual flavors, that's when you know. Get your pizzas with 4+ toppings from this tier. 

The most expensive pizzas however, you should have with basically nothing. Bread, tomato, cheese, gremolata. MAAAAYBE truffle or something simple, like mushroom and sausage. 

This sounds right to me

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

GettyImages-1332641365-7174317.webp

Yeast-free pizza created by process used to make fizzy drinks

The technique could allow those with a yeast allergy to enjoy breads, cakes and pizzas.

Ask any pizza chef from New York to Naples what you need to make the perfect pizza dough and you’ll likely be met with the same answer: flour, water, salt and yeast.

It’s the yeast that causes the dough to rise and gives it its characteristic light, pillowy texture. But this means that those of us with yeast intolerances have to miss out on one of the most perfect foods ever created.

Well, things may be about to change. Researchers based at the University of Naples Federico II have developed a method to leaven pizza dough without the need for yeast.

POF21-AR-KF2021-05851_image1-1-b365a9d.webp

The team used the process to make small balls of pizza dough © Francesco Paolo Desiderio

They have designed a leavening process similar to that used to produce carbonation in fizzy drinks. This involves placing dough made from flour, water and salt into an autoclave – an industrial oven-like device that uses hot steam under pressure to kill harmful bacteria and viruses. Then raising the temperature and pressure inside and gradually releasing it as the dough cooks.

“The key to the process is to design the pressure release rate not to stress the dough, which likes to expand gently,” said the study’s co-author Prof Ernesto Di Maio, who has a yeast allergy himself.

“This new technology can drive the development of new products, new dough formulations, and specific recipes for food intolerance, hopefully helping people enjoy healthy and tasty food.”

So far, the team have only used the technique to make mini pizzas but now plan to use a larger autoclave to make more substantial creations and one day hope to see their technique being used in restaurants.

“We had a lot of fun applying things we know well to delicious polymers, instead of our typical and sometimes boring smelly plastics,” said co-author Prof Rossana Pasquino.

“The idea of approaching food samples with the same technologies and knowledge used for thermoplastic polymers was surprisingly successful!”

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/yeast-free-pizza-created-process-used-fizzy-drinks/

Recently had a big lads weekend away, on the Sunday evening I was licking my wounds and decided a pizza was the only option due to the fact I couldn't move and my left arm was only in use due to my position.

Found a place on Justeat that did a Caribbean pizza, jerk chicken, spicey sauce and pepperoni.

Never seen it before on a menu, it was amazing.

Archived