• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favourite Pizza topping

football forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/01/2020 at 18:18, Tommy said:

I had this one today, because all the Pizza talk made me hungry for one. 

4699755_Dr-Oetker-La-Mia-Grande-Tonno-e-

Quite nice. 

What is it that they put in the Dr.Oetker Pizzas that make them so bloody moreish? There isn't a pizza that you can buy in the supermarkets that is addictive as the Dr.Oetker Pizzas. I used to eat them all the time back in England.

The pizzas here in Ukraine are very average, be they the pizzas in the stores or the ones at the takeaways. So I might treat myself to a few tasty pizzas when I return to England in a few days time. It will definitely be a Dr.Oetker pizza, if I buy any from the supermarkets.

• Subscriber
On 14/01/2020 at 05:22, El Profesor said:

I love me some banana and cinnamon pizza. :D

Are those green bananas or the normal yellow ones? I can see how the green ones might actually taste nice. We cook them here and eat them for meals as well. 

37 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Are those green bananas or the normal yellow ones? I can see how the green ones might actually taste nice. We cook them here and eat them for meals as well. 

Dessert pizzas are a thing in quite a few places. Many pizza restaurants offer them with a Nutella base... But there a bit too rich in chocolate for me.

My favourite dessert is a banana split though so I'd definitely have a crack at that one @El Profesorposted.

The issue I have is when the fruit is on a pizza thats masquerading as a savoury dish

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Dessert pizzas are a thing in quite a few places. Many pizza restaurants offer them with a Nutella base... But rich for me.

My favourite dessert is a banana split so I'd definitely have a crack at that one @El Profesorposted.

The issue I have is when the fruit is on a pizza thats presenting itself as a savoury dish

I can get behind it as dessert but if they are going the savoury route there are bananas that have a not-so-sweetish taste too. Once you cook them however its very hard to tell the difference just by looking at a picture. Not sure if they get the other variety out there in Brazil but I think it may be the ones that get caramelized and the cinnamon is just to cut the sugar with a bit of spice-taste. 

To be fair though Pineapple is down the list for me.

My actual biggest pet peeves on a pizza are bacon, barbecue sauce, chicken, or eggs. They are all no no's.

I have no love for anchovies or potato either but I at least respect them as legitimate pizza toppings compared to those above.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bacon (small pieces) and chicken are fine on a pizza and actually quite standard in some parts, no? Chicken is pretty much a must for me on pizzas. 

I hate both on a pizza :7_sweat_smile: when it comes to meat toppings, for me it's either salami, minced beef or prosciutto... 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

I hate both on a pizza :7_sweat_smile: when it comes to meat toppings, for me it's either salami, minced beef or prosciutto... 

Yeah but you also don't like Nutella so you clearly don't know what you're talking about :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Yeah but you also don't like Nutella so you clearly don't know what you're talking about :ph34r:

I honestly don't get Nutella love. It's pretty much sugar mixed with palm oil with a trace of cacao and hazelnuts. It tastes artificial, the texture is awful and it sticks to the teeth like superglue. AWFUL. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, nudge said:

I honestly don't get Nutella love. It's pretty much sugar mixed with palm oil with a trace of cacao and hazelnuts. It tastes artificial, the texture is awful and it sticks to the teeth like superglue. AWFUL. 

To be honest, I rarely have it. It's more of a 'treat' so to speak. It's not a regular purchase but I do like the taste of it on toast or in a sandwich. 

Archived